North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

30 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Europe also got more "optimistic" hopes for the summer today as vaccine developers can almost double their production by making collaboration with smaller supplyers who didn't

manage to invent their vaccines in time =)

edit: Also lots of good news from UK today. The vaccine they use for the most now seems to stop transmission by 67% and we are only talking about the first dose now...

Edited by ThePreacher

3 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Europe also got more "optimistic" hopes for the summer today as vaccine developers can almost double their production by making collaboration with smaller supplyers who didn't

manage to invent their vaccines in time =)

edit: Also lots of good news from UK today. The vaccine they use for the most now seems to stop transmission by 67% and we are only talking about the first dose now...

.....to temper that you also have the fact the virus is mutating a lot, and the concerns about whether the vaccines are even going to be effective against it. I don't really take the "great news everyone, we're all saved" lines the shambolic leadership of the UK trot out to us, as it's all just a waiting game. It's truly irresponsible, and done for a short term popularity boost, when they tell us everything will be 'back to normal' by a certain point. 

No-one knows what is round the corner so the best way to preserve sanity seems to be to expect nothing, then you can't be disappointed. 

You can certainly expect these dates not to happen though! If anyone still thinks we'll be in stadiums full of people in just a few 4 months time, then they're not really very in touch with the real world! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

.....to temper that you also have the fact the virus is mutating a lot, and the concerns about whether the vaccines are even going to be effective against it. I don't really take the "great news everyone, we're all saved" lines the shambolic leadership of the UK trot out to us, as it's all just a waiting game. It's truly irresponsible, and done for a short term popularity boost, when they tell us everything will be 'back to normal' by a certain point. 

No-one knows what is round the corner so the best way to preserve sanity seems to be to expect nothing, then you can't be disappointed. 

You can certainly expect these dates not to happen though! If anyone still thinks we'll be in stadiums full of people in just a few 4 months time, then they're not really very in touch with the real world! 

Yeah, you never know. We can only hope all these vaccines will turn it (with all the mutations) into a normal "seasonal flu" just like these other coronaviruses.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

Yeah, you never know. We can only hope all these vaccines will turn it (with all the mutations) into a normal "seasonal flu" just like these other coronaviruses.

Yep, here's hoping. I have a feeling we may still be social distancing this time next year though. Hoping I'm being far too pessimistic! 

6 hours ago, scotsappetite said:

Always tired, always wrong... No science, uneducated, just follow the msm... Go stay in a shed while rest of us live our life, simple. 

As opposed to yourself who is highly educated...but can't seem to string a coherent sentence together. 

Please feel free to share these glorious scientific sources that tell us Covid doesn't exist. 

Alternatively of course you could shove the tinfoil hat up your rectum and sail off the edge of the earth? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

Queen just postponed their uk summer shoes to Summer 2022.

It was obvious that this would happen. There won’t be any shows in Europe this summer, even though the UK is looking good when it comes to vaccinating, at least better than the EU (seems like Brexit wasn’t all bad after all)

Still I think that Australia and NZ shows will happen in November, things are looking good down there, being an island nation definitely helps in these times 

Edited by SAU3R

3 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I agree, even though the situation here in the UK looks promising (for today anyway) there wont be any concerts this year.

By the way I dont think we will ever get back to what was 'normal',  this is not going to go away ever.

Of course it’s not going to go away, but we’ll have to learn to live with it the same way we learned to live with other viruses. This is for sure not the last pandemic, quite the opposite actually, there will be an increasing number of pandemics in the next decades because of globalization, overpopulation, too much too cheap meat eating and all that kind of crap

But I think this the wrong thread for this stuff, sorry for derailing 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 12:20 AM, WhazUp said:

This is the third post out of your total of 23 you are complaining about the "msm" so if I may respectfully ask, what specific sources do you get your COVID information from, if you would be so kind as to link them here?

great question. I work in Healthcare at a hospital that has and continues to treat a TON of covid.  I've seen many people pass away from this.  I'd love to compare notes with this guy. 

• Like 2

Yeah, no shows this year (in this scale) for anywhere other than potentially ANZ.

Fascinated to understand what the quarantining measures will be like for ANZ come October/November, no way GN'R will fly over and quarantine for 2 weeks in a hotel before playing the shows, especially as they are going Australia->NZ->Australia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah, no shows this year (in this scale) for anywhere other than potentially ANZ.

Fascinated to understand what the quarantining measures will be like for ANZ come October/November, no way GN'R will fly over and quarantine for 2 weeks in a hotel before playing the shows, especially as they are going Australia->NZ->Australia.

I thought the same- they'd have to change the dates of that was the case, and it could mean the shows don't happen, as quarantining the entire working crew for two weeks for such a small run of shows might not be an option. Time will tell I guess whether Australia changes it's quarantine rules. It may well set up travel corridors.....but the US will be one of the very last countries on that list, given how Covid has been allowed to run wild there. 

• Haha 1

I remain optimistic about a lot of things but a return to normal likely won't ever happen - if I'm honest.  

It's real interesting.  If I don't do the summer GNR show, I likely won't buy a ticket to an event for a while.  As long as people believe in magic masks and treat outsiders as a potential threat - I don't need that negativity.   I keep a good diet, work out everyday with cardio and strength, maintain a good sleep schedule, and keep myself overall healthy.  I'm confident in whatever happens next.

Fortunately, GNR is just one band of many that I like.  While a GNR show would be incredible, a great many bands I like are doing semi-regular live music PPV and archive releases.  So I'm ok with livestreams being my avenue for listening to live music.

11 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

There is a travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand (currently suspended after cases in NZ) that means there is no quarantine required between the two countries.

As for that first part of that equation, as it stands they would have to quarantine when they first arrive. There are people who have done it at a private residence rather than a hotel (usually involving those with $$$) and it wouldn't surprise me if something like that happened in this situation. Assuming rules stay as they are.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Juventino said:

There is a travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand (currently suspended after cases in NZ) that means there is no quarantine required between the two countries.

As for that first part of that equation, as it stands they would have to quarantine when they first arrive. There are people who have done it at a private residence rather than a hotel (usually involving those with $$$) and it wouldn't surprise me if something like that happened in this situation. Assuming rules stay as they are.

The bubble (before the latest issue in NZ) was only one-way... Going from NZ into Australia was fine because of no community transmission. Anyone going to NZ from Australia would still have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

• Like 1