North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

11 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

Because the anti-vax nutjob population is potentially still too large at that point.

Who cares about them?  If the people who take the vaccine are almost 100% protected from potential death and over 99% protected from severe illness, who really cares if anti-vax nutjobs get infected and end up with serious issues.  It's their choice.

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Because nobody knows how it will work. It's said that it doesn't really stop you from getting it and/or spreading it. I guess it's a waiting game now, and they don't wanna book anything just to eventually cancel it again and frustrate people even more. 

The latest evidence is that they are very effective at stopping infections (around 90% for Pfizer and Moderna) and reducing spread.  But again, as above, if you are vaccinated you are protected more than you are against the flu in a normal year (even if you take the flu shot).  I ran some number and even for a 75 year old, being vaccinated makes the risk of death from COVID in the next year completely irrelevant in comparison to the risk of death from any cause for somebody of the same age.  It is orders of magnitude lower.

Once the vaccine is available to all those who want it, there is absolutely no reason that the USA doesn't return to complete pre-COVID normal at that point.  According to Biden's teleprompter, that point will be the end of May meaning for the two dose vaccines the series will be complete for all who want it by the end of June.  Full effectiveness is reached two weeks after the final dose so all adults who want to be vaccinated will reach full effectiveness before the first US summer show date if the prediction is correct.

Whoever is running the administration must be very confident in the prediction because announcing that and then coming up short would be a PR disaster.

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/ufc-261-fight-card-kamaru-usman-vs-jorge-masvidal-2-headlines-as-fans-will-return-at-full-capacity/

I have no idea what happens after this.  I'm sure there will be a wait and see period after WrestleMania and now UFC 261 BUT - it does give me hope that the switch the flip overnight if there's a will on the local level to make it happen. 

July 10, 2021    Milwaukee    United States ///  Maybe, probably
July 13, 2021    Washington, D.C.    Nationals Park /// Maybe not, 10 - 20% capacity?  Washington Nationals and DC United have one of the lowest authorized attendance for April 2021 games
July 16, 2021    Minneapolis    Target Field  // Probably, I'm guessing this will be a 50 - 70%
July 18, 2021    Indianapolis    Lucas Oil Stadium /// Probably, less restrictions than other places my guess 
July 21, 2021    Chicago    Wrigley Field /// Maybe but with heavy restrictions on crowd size
July 24, 2021    Detroit    Comerica Park /// Maybe but with heavy restrictions on crowd size
July 26, 2021    Toronto    Canada    Rogers Centre /// Nope
August 3, 2021    Boston    United States    Fenway Park // Nope
August 5, 2021    East Rutherford    Metlife Stadium /// Nope
August 11, 2021    Fargo    Fargodome /// Probably with little to no crowd restrictions;
August 13, 2021    Missoula    Washington-Grizzly Stadium // Probably with little to no size restrictions
August 16, 2021    Commerce City    Dick's Sporting Good Park /// Probably not
August 19, 2021    Los Angeles    Banc of California Stadium // Probably not

I believe Texas Rangers is doing a 100% crowd with mask policy in place for opening day and reduced crowd after that.  For those not aware, that doesn't amount to much as most baseball games have crowd sizes that encourage social distancing for much of the season.  There are 82 home games (roughly) in a normal baseball season.  Outside of opening day and the teams that don't come to town very often, I'd estimate actual crowd sizes to be between 20 and 40 percent for most of the first 50 games of the season (April - July).

My guess is that the concert industry is waiting to see how MLB does.

Whatever the pause will take, if they don't come up with any new songs + Axl sounds the same he did around 2019, I'm throwing in the towel on watching any YT videos / streams of any new shows, even individual songs. I know they do things their way, but there's that and then there's this unique situation. Changes need to be made. 

I know, I know, "some people are never satisfied" & "they don't owe us anything"! 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Whatever the pause will take, if they don't come up with any new songs + Axl sounds the same he did around 2019, I'm throwing in the towel on watching any YT videos / streams of any new shows, even individual songs. I know they do things their way, but there's that and then there's this unique situation. Changes need to be made. 

I know, I know, "some people are never satisfied" & "they don't owe us anything"! 

You forgot "we should just be happy they're still around" and "why are you even on a forum as you clearly hate the band". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

And of course there's no comment on where things currently stand from their utter cunt of a "manager".

I know, right? Imagine something like this: 

"Hey folks, just wanted to let you know we’ve been working on booking new dates at some US festivals. We’ve been negotiating with Wrigley Fields and …, which should take place on … Of course, we will let you know should anything change in this regard. Follow our website and social media for news & update. 
PS: We’ve also been working on a Not In This Lifetime DVD, which should be due in late summer ’21. Its main body will consist of the 2016 Houston show, and there also will be some bonuses like the Troubadour, …
Thank you all for supporting us, take care and be safe. Contact us on the Nightrain forum, where I’ll be answering any questions I can next Monday. Peace!"

That’s what a normal, actual manager / PR person would say. What do we get instead?

"Some people are never satisfied, and they bash me any time I go online. 
Yeah, maybe. It hasn’t been discussed.
Can’t say. 
We’ll see. 
Move on."

Fuck this shit. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Draguns said:

Governor Murphy  in NJ announced today that outdoor venues can have 30% capacity now. I'm wondering if there now might be some chance of GNR at least playing at MetLife Stadium. 

Probably not, because a 30% show isn't going to cover the costs of putting on the show.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Probably not, because a 30% show isn't going to cover the costs of putting on the show.

Exactly this, if they play a venue that's supposed to have 80000 and they play to what 23/24000 people, they either have to sell tickets at an insane price to cover costs or decide to take the financial hit on their side. Fans taking the hit seems more likely in any scenario like that. 

15 hours ago, Draguns said:

Governor Murphy  in NJ announced today that outdoor venues can have 30% capacity now. I'm wondering if there now might be some chance of GNR at least playing at MetLife Stadium. 

30% now, but maybe higher closer to August. 

Vaccine rollout was slow at the beginning, but now it’s opened up to all adults in many states. They’re two different things, but 30% can change very quickly.

20 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Foetus is selling a ton of gear. Leads me to think a cancellation is imminent

I was wondering about that. 

On a related note, Garth Brooks did a live stream yesterday where he said they're going ahead with their stadium dates in the US. He said that the stadiums may require masks and probably won't sell concessions but they're going ahead with the dates. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

On a related note, Garth Brooks did a live stream yesterday where he said they're going ahead with their stadium dates in the US. He said that the stadiums may require masks and probably won't sell concessions but they're going ahead with the dates. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. 

I think I'll go to shows if they're back. It's cutting it close but if you are vaccinated it shouldn't be a risk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Keep in mind Brooks’ tour only has three more dates. One July and two September. From what I’ve heard from a few contacts in the industry is that September shows are very much in play; but July is still not looking great. 

Of course everything is changing on a daily basis.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think I'll go to shows if they're back. It's cutting it close but if you are vaccinated it shouldn't be a risk

Same here. I'm 3 weeks out from my second shot but once I get that, I'm happy to go to stadium shows again. I'll be going to a few small venue shoes very soon actually. 

Is this the time to point out that not even 30% of the tickets are sold for a lot of the US venues? 

That's as likely to cause their cancellation as anything else. 

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Foetus is selling a ton of gear. Leads me to think a cancellation is imminent

What sort of things? Stuff you'd use for a tour? 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is this the time to point out that not even 30% of the tickets are sold for a lot of the US venues? 

That's as likely to cause their cancellation as anything else. 

What sort of things? Stuff you'd use for a tour? 

I think a lot of people who were tired of seeing GnR tour are now chomping at the bit to go to a show.

I was originally intending to wait until the week of to snag some tickets, but ended up winning a pair. Fast forward a year and I’d pay full price for any seat.

Just now, Stryker said:

I think a lot of people who were tired of seeing GnR tour are now chomping at the bit to go to a show.

I was originally intending to wait until the week of to snag some tickets, but ended up winning a pair. Fast forward a year and I’d pay full price for any seat.

Fair point, but on the flip side of that there is no shortage of other things/bands to spend their money on, so who knows? Looking at those sales though, I'd be shitting it if I was the promoter!