North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

9 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

US rescheduled dates are on the official GNR site under the news section not the tour section

Yes, but those are the originally rescheduled dates from the initial message, aren't they? But now they disappeared from the Tour section, where they used to be as well. I wonder why... 

Edited by jamillos

23 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

This whole pandemic has fucked everything up. I don't know how they can even plan an event at this time. Especially not even knowing how many people will be allowed per venue and when it will really be "safe" to do live concerts again. 

Nothing TM does would surprise me at all. Those greedy pieces of shit would do anything just to get some money and hold on to it for an eternity just for the interest.

It's not the pandemic in this case! Is GNR selling tickets and booking shows without even knowing what's gonna happen in the next few months!

The thing is, studies are projecting that we are gonna be facing Covid-19 up to at least 2024, because you cannot control people that don't wanna take the vaccine, we also don't know the side effects of it and also we can be imune to be sick by taking the vaccine, but not to spreading to people that did not get it. Expect a mess.

The thing is: 2021 will - still - not going to a safe (or allowed) year for large gatherings or concerts.

There is no way anything like this happens in 2021. Too many variables and logistical issues. Summer 2022 if we're lucky. 

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

The thing is, studies are projecting that we are gonna be facing Covid-19 up to at least 2024, because you cannot control people that don't wanna take the vaccine, we also don't know the side effects of it and also we can be imune to be sick by taking the vaccine, but not to spreading to people that did not get it. Expect a mess.

Haven't seen these studies, but this is what I have always thought. COVID-19 is in our lives in some capacity until 2025.

Out of interest I just had a look on Ticketmaster how the LA show is selling......it's absolutely shocking. You'd think the show had only just gone on sale.....and that's WITH the illusion of false demand that Ticketmaster create to try and drive sales. 

I knew they weren't selling well, but it really is quite eye opening when you actually look at it. I just picked this show at random to look at, with it being LA and everything. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-2021-tour-los-angeles-california-08-19-2021/event/0A0058FEB5B10D79

EDIT: 

Ok, curiosity got me, and THIS show is something else altogether! Covid or not, there's no way you could let a stadium show go ahead with that few tickets sold, surely? You'd lose a fortune. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-2021-tour-commerce-city-colorado-08-16-2021/event/1E00583CD3B64DEE

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, BangoSkank said:

There is no way anything like this happens in 2021. Too many variables and logistical issues. Summer 2022 if we're lucky. 

Haven't seen these studies, but this is what I have always thought. COVID-19 is in our lives in some capacity until 2025.

I can share with you guys, but you're right!

34 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Out of interest I just had a look on Ticketmaster how the LA show is selling......it's absolutely shocking. You'd think the show had only just gone on sale.....and that's WITH the illusion of false demand that Ticketmaster create to try and drive sales. 

I knew they weren't selling well, but it really is quite eye opening when you actually look at it. I just picked this show at random to look at, with it being LA and everything. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-2021-tour-los-angeles-california-08-19-2021/event/0A0058FEB5B10D79

EDIT: 

Ok, curiosity got me, and THIS show is something else altogether! Covid or not, there's no way you could let a stadium show go ahead with that few tickets sold, surely? You'd lose a fortune. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-2021-tour-commerce-city-colorado-08-16-2021/event/1E00583CD3B64DEE

Oh yeah - I checked the NJ show one earlier today and it is SHOCKING how many were still available. I remember thinking it was rough last year too.

9 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I can share with you guys, but you're right!

Yes, please share. I've been wondering what predictions officially are with this.

• Like 1

Just now, Natty said:

It s not sure the virus really started there. Nobody knows. And if so its not china in its entirety to blame but the idiots that sell all kind of living and dead animals in markets there. Finally if we lernt something:  better animal protection laws have to bekomme reality worldwide. 
the next virus can happen anywhere as long as people want to buy meat for 1 Eur...

Absolutely 100 per cent. Post of the day for me. 

As well as tackling the other root causes that lead to this- growing inequality, poverty, the rich getting richer, the rise of populist leaders, etc etc. It should be a wake-up call to the world that things need to change. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

UK. Anyone under 50 is in the tenth priority group, so way, way down the list. 

Given that they 'hope' (i.e. they'll completely fail to, as they've failed to do anything well throughout the pandemic, which is why we've got in so badly here) to have the 'most vulnerable' groups vaccinated by April, you can get some idea of how long it may before the vaccine is given to anyone under the age of 50!

People are speculating it might not even happen this year, depending on how much they fuck up the vaccine rollout......which they're already doing. So we're not holding our breath here! Pretty much everything our Government promises doesn't happen, so most people are rather cynical at this stage! 

I'd be absolutely astonished if the UK shows happen, and I'd expect that behind the scenes they are probably already in the process of being cancelled. 

I don t see stadium gigs happening anywhere but Australia before fall/winter.

But I truly hope we will get club shows back by May/June. 

As for GNR I think it will be only Aussie tour and New Zealand but who knows if this pays off shipping the stage etc for such a small amount of gigs ? 🤨

Edited by Natty
Wrong word

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

I don t see stadium gigs happening anywhere but Australia before fall/winter.

But I truly hope we will get club shows back by May/June. 

As for GNR I think it will be only Aussie tour and New Zealand but who knows if this pays off shipping the state etc for such a small amount of gigs ? 🤨

I think Australia could well happen yeah. They seem to have things relatively under control at the moment, so by November it could well happen. Noo idea about the logistics, but I would think they could make it work, financially. 

I can't see club shows happening by April/May really, unless they're done under social distancing measures, but who knows? The uncertainty is so massive that anything could happen from one day to the next. 

23 hours ago, ssiscool said:

I think 2021 is a certain write off. People won't want to risk large crowds

I would 😂. I miss concerts so much I dont care. Would go with a negative covid 19 test, vaccine (as soon as I get one) , even ffp 2 mask if necessary- just give us live shows back please! 

But the general public could be a bit cautious and events maybe wont be sold out. But who cares. People should have the choice to attend the shows or stay at home.

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think Australia could well happen yeah. They seem to have things relatively under control at the moment, so by November it could well happen. Noo idea about the logistics, but I would think they could make it work, financially. 

I can't see club shows happening by April/May really, unless they're done under social distancing measures, but who knows? The uncertainty is so massive that anything could happen from one day to the next. 

At this point I would even attend club gigs with social distancint measures. 
desperate 😂🤷‍♀️

Even a female VIP said on live radio Glasto 21 is off but the event organisers were quick too say other I can't see it happening 

Says all over the media and Matt H says you still need too SD and wear a mask after this jab so how would that work in a stadium 

27 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Even a female VIP said on live radio Glasto 21 is off but the event organisers were quick too say other I can't see it happening 

Says all over the media and Matt H says you still need too SD and wear a mask after this jab so how would that work in a stadium 

"female VIP" is a very kind way to describe Mel B of The Spice Girls! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Oh yeah - I checked the NJ show one earlier today and it is SHOCKING how many were still available. I remember thinking it was rough last year too.

Yes, please share. I've been wondering what predictions officially are with this.

I have only in Portuguese! I'll try to find something reliable in English.