North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say there has been "no widespread transmission outdoors". What we know is that most cases of transmission happens indoors (>90% of the cases), but that there are plenty of examples of outdoors spread, too, mostly linked to sporting events and concerts. The reason for this is that the indoors is typically where people get in close contact with each others and where ventilation is poor, while most outdoor activities happen with sufficient social distancing and with good air circulation. Another reason that makes the outdoors generally speaking safer than the indoors, is that most outdoors events with lots of people have by now become banned, removing most reasons why people would get in close contact with each other outside. At the same time, we still congregate to a larger extent inside, at malls, at home, in schools, at work places etc. So yeah, most infection events occur indoors. But that is not the same as saying that Covid-19 can't spread outdoors if the conditions are favorable for it. It certainly can when people are in close contact with each other. And one such favorable condition would be a concert where people stand close to each other, talk or sing along, touch each other.

There's also the fact that in order to get so many people outdoors......they are all going to be indoors at some point, whether that's on public transport to the event, in toilets/facilities, etc, 

I like the amusingly naive idea that a virus can't spread by contact with humans outdoors but only indoors though, as if it can discern!

"Hey, this sweaty mob are all touching in an indoors venue.....let's spread", "oh, hold on, look- there's no roof on this place, better hold off on the spreading". 

i have to say, America has done a really excellent job at making a public health pandemic into a political issue, as if it's something that 'opinions' have a bearing on! Even the cretins in my country haven't managed that one! 

Fuck it though - at this stage if people are still playing the 'covid doesn't exist/it's exaggerated' cards you know it's not really worth getting into a debate. You might as well talk to someone that believes the earth is flat or lizards in human form are controlling us. They're too far gone to possibly have a normal conversation with. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

There's also the fact that in order to get so many people outdoors......they are all going to be indoors at some point, whether that's on public transport to the event, in toilets/facilities, etc, 

I like the amusingly naive idea that a virus can't spread by contact with humans outdoors but only indoors though, as if it can discern!

"Hey, this sweaty mob are all touching in an indoors venue.....let's spread", "oh, hold on, look- there's no roof on this place, better hold off on the spreading". 

i have to say, America has done a really excellent job at making a public health pandemic into a political issue, as if it's something that 'opinions' have a bearing on! Even the cretins in my country haven't managed that one! 

Fuck it though - at this stage if people are still playing the 'covid doesn't exist/it's exaggerated' cards you know it's not really worth getting into a debate. You might as well talk to someone that believes the earth is flat or lizards in human form are controlling us. They're too far gone to possibly have a normal conversation with. 

I don't understand the need for insults and brining up completely unrelated topics (lizard people, flat earth, all that).  It's sad for me to see that people are completely comfortable believing whatever their government tells them without question.  Money talks and when the poor have gotten poorer and the rich have only gotten richer during this time, I believe it's healthy to have some skepticism.  There seems to be a (hopefully) small amount of people that would be satisfied with a perpetual lockdown.  Why should I have much faith in government to begin with and organizations that have provided wildly inaccurate guidance, and write conclusions, that aren't supported by data?  

Covid-19 is dangerous.  But it would be useful data to know that the majority of deaths were in the old and people with pre-existing health conditions.  Why not prioritize and protect them?  80% of all people that died from Covid-19 were obese.  That should be worth talking about.  Life is about risk management.  I'm sure the people that haven't worked in months or the entire year would be happy     

This topic is boring.  I'd rather talk  Guns N' Roses. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

The only thing that's ridiculous is your statement.

Please cite some examples of people catching covid outside? Oh that’s right you can’t. Because you would literally have to be in someone’s face coughing or sneezing into their mouth to catch covid outside. These false notions are why idiot governments like California and all of Europe and Canada require people to wear masks outside. Rules backed by nothing based on nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Please cite some examples of people catching covid outside? Oh that’s right you can’t. Because you would literally have to be in someone’s face coughing or sneezing into their mouth to catch covid outside. These false notions are why idiot governments like California and all of Europe and Canada require people to wear masks outside. Rules backed by nothing based on nothing. 

All in all the idea originally suggested of this very moment in time allowing outdoor venues being at 100 percent, is not a great idea IMO.  The science does not back up that outdoor gatherings packed with tens of thousands of people like sardines in a venue with no ability so social distance, is smart at least at this point in time. 

Edited by WhazUp

28 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Please stop filling his brain with facts. Anyway those facts won't make it through the tin foil hat anyway.

Did you read any of the articles?  Geez person on the internet.  You seem to be pure troll trash and as I much as I want to drag this on with you, you bore me.  Either say something substantial or don't.  Either way, you've proved you have nothing to contribute.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33215698/

+ There is uncertainty about the effects of face masks. The low-moderate certainty of the evidence means our confidence in the effect estimate is limited, and that the true effect may be different from the observed estimate of the effect.
+ There were no clear differences between the use of medical/surgical masks compared with N95/P2 respirators in healthcare workers when used in routine care to reduce respiratory viral infection. Hand hygiene is likely to modestly reduce the burden of respiratory illness. Harms associated with physical interventions were under-investigated. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33249484/

+ Five identified studies found a low proportion of reported global SARS-CoV-2 infections occurred outdoors (<10%) and the odds of indoor transmission was very high compared to outdoors (18.7 times; 95% confidence interval, 6.0-57.9). 

+ Existing evidence supports the wide-held belief that risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission is lower outdoors but there are significant gaps in our understanding of specific pathways.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33479261/

+ The results indicate that a low 25(OH)D concentration is a contributing factor to COVID-19 severity, which, combined with previous studies, provides a convincing set of evidence.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33049331/

+ COVID-19 patients with mild-to-moderate illness are highly unlikely to be infectious beyond 10 days of symptoms.

• Haha 1

I sincerely hope that with GNR's live shows postponed so much they have done some serious reflecting on their live show and ways to change it up not just for the fans but for themselves as well.  I can only imagine how boring it must be playing the same songs in pretty much the same order for 5 years

Not that I think said self-reflection has or will take place lol but one could only hope.  I think even simply starting the setlist with a few different songs would help it out - or putting Paradise City earlier in the set and ending the show with Nightrain or something

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I sincerely hope that with GNR's live shows postponed so much they have done some serious reflecting on their live show and ways to change it up not just for the fans but for themselves as well.  I can only imagine how boring it must be playing the same songs in pretty much the same order for 5 years

Not that I think said self-reflection has or will take place lol but one could only hope.  I think even simply starting the setlist with a few different songs would help it out - or putting Paradise City earlier in the set and ending the show with Nightrain or something

Can you imagine though what would happen the first time Paradise City wasn't the last song played?  I'm sure there's more than just me that like to skate out while the last song is in progress to beat the traffic (1 minute vs 60+ to get out).   It would be a mega bummer to miss the majority of the show.

6 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Can you imagine though what would happen the first time Paradise City wasn't the last song played?  I'm sure there's more than just me that like to skate out while the last song is in progress to beat the traffic (1 minute vs 60+ to get out).   It would be a mega bummer to miss the majority of the show.

In that case if they ever decided to open the show with Paradise City you will get home making great time at least lol

5 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

I don't understand the need for insults and brining up completely unrelated topics (lizard people, flat earth, all that).  It's sad for me to see that people are completely comfortable believing whatever their government tells them without question.  Money talks and when the poor have gotten poorer and the rich have only gotten richer during this time, I believe it's healthy to have some skepticism.  There seems to be a (hopefully) small amount of people that would be satisfied with a perpetual lockdown.  Why should I have much faith in government to begin with and organizations that have provided wildly inaccurate guidance, and write conclusions, that aren't supported by data?  

Covid-19 is dangerous.  But it would be useful data to know that the majority of deaths were in the old and people with pre-existing health conditions.  Why not prioritize and protect them?  80% of all people that died from Covid-19 were obese.  That should be worth talking about.  Life is about risk management.  I'm sure the people that haven't worked in months or the entire year would be happy     

This topic is boring.  I'd rather talk  Guns N' Roses. 

For someone who finds the topic of Covid 'boring' and would 'rather talk Guns N Rosea' you seem pretty intent on posting about Covid. 

And yes the topics are very much related. The same weirdo cranks that think Covid is made up, exaggerated etc are the same weirdo cranks that believe the earth is flat, that paedo rings are running out of pizza parlours, etc etc. 

Anyone, you'd rather discuss GNR as this topic is so boring. So go ahead. Oh, hold on......

Edited by allwaystired

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

For someone who finds the topic of Covid 'boring' and would 'rather talk Guns N Rosea' you seem pretty intent on posting about Covid. 

And yes the topics are very much related. The same weirdo cranks that think Covid is made up, exaggerated etc are the same weirdo cranks that believe the earth is flat, that paedo rings are running out of pizza parlours, etc etc. 

Anyone, you'd rather discuss GNR as this topic is so boring. So go ahead. Oh, hold on......

Again, more insults and bringing up topics that have nothing to do with Covid-19 or Guns N' Roses.  What's boring is responding to trolls like you.  Your posts are trash.  God bless.

No matter what songs the band plays, I hope they play them well.  Songs are key, but strong performances seem even more important.   There is likely nothing the band can play that we haven't heard at some point (minus new songs of course).  Still optimistic the North American tour happens at least in part.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Again, more insults and bringing up topics that have nothing to do with Covid-19 or Guns N' Roses.  What's boring is responding to trolls like you.  Your posts are trash.  God bless.

No matter what songs the band plays, I hope they play them well.  Songs are key, but strong performances seem even more important.   There is likely nothing the band can play that we haven't heard at some point (minus new songs of course).  Still optimistic the North American tour happens at least in part.  

Where's the insult? Suggesting that Covid denial is closely linked to other wild conspiracy theories? Hardly a revelation that one! 

And how does my post have 'nothing to do with Covid' when it refers specifically to Covid, and was in answer to.....umm....your previous, unsolicited, reply to something I posted? 

Tell you what, if my posts are 'trash'- skip them. No need to tell me (or anyone else, as you find the topic so boring) your thoughts on Covid. Sound good? 

God bless. 

56 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

WAAAAAIIIIT A SECOND! Are you telling me that pizzerias are not the spiritual homes of paedophiles? Both start with 'p' and share many of the same vowels! Seems fairly fecking conclusive to me! :P

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Anyone actually buying tixs for these new added EU shows on sale tomorrow??

Yes...didn't want to but I can't resist.
Ticketmaster doesn't show regular prices yet.

If I understand right Golden Circle tickets will be € 125....
Regular tickets might be € 90 - € 100 I guess.
(Groningen - Netherlands)

1 minute ago, Robert39 said:

Got 3 golden circle tickets for Groningen  :headbang:

You know more about prices ?

42 minutes ago, Robert39 said:

normal ticket 95 + 15 service cost

Golden circle 125 + 15 service cost

then you have the early entrance 325

vip 1050

I bought my tickets today in the pre sale

50.000 tickets available so no need for pre sale I think.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, avahland said:

Almost bought tickets for the Prague show but in the end I decided to keep it simple and stay in my own country :-)
I am ready for Groningen.

Much safer bet you could be money down with flights etc if shows don't happen 

With Summerfest postponed to September, DC is looking like it could be start of tour.

It was just announced that capacity at Nats Park (venue), could go up immediately to 25% for baseball. Obviously there are some differences for concerts, but they could easily add seating to GA if necessary. All that to say; the needle continues to move slowly towards this NA tour being feasible....but there’s still a long way to go.