North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

11 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

There will be 60,000 fans in AT&T Stadium in Texas next weekend for Canelo v Billy Jo Saunders 

It’s so odd GNR cancelled the Dallas show. 

On 4/28/2021 at 8:59 PM, GnR Chris said:

Thank you for the clarification. This show I'm going to would be Wrigley Field, so I am sure they probably use a similar policy. But who knows. I'll check out the fine print.

I’m aiming for that show as well. Wrigley staff told me they return to Wrigley June 1st or July 1st at the latest. Currently 25% capacity for baseball games. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/nightclub-dance-liverpool-coronavirus-first-20498174

6000 people will attend UKs 1st night club event tonight @ Circus in Liverpool NO JAB NEEDED TO ENTER NO SD NO MASKS  only need a clear PCR test

@StayofExecution2020are you going?? Lol

Edited by Gavin82

17 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/nightclub-dance-liverpool-coronavirus-first-20498174

6000 people will attend UKs 1st night club event tonight @ Circus in Liverpool NO JAB NEEDED TO ENTER NO SD NO MASKS  only need a clear PCR test

@StayofExecution2020are you going?? Lol

What exactly are You looking for here? Don't get it.

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Why exactly do you care?

If you was going you could report back two us on here about this experience of being in a club with 5999 other people thats all 

8 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

It’s so odd GNR cancelled the Dallas show. 

I’m aiming for that show as well. Wrigley staff told me they return to Wrigley June 1st or July 1st at the latest. Currently 25% capacity for baseball games. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14690082/canelo-alvarez-billy-joe-saunders-date-live-stream-tv-channel-uk-start-time-fight-card/

60,000 in AT&T its going to be epic 

3 hours ago, nycgunner said:

De Blasio, mayor of nyc, said NYC will be “fully open” July 1st. He doesn’t have authority to do that (state govt does), but if true, increases odds for MetLife 

Cuomo wants to reopen sooner. It does look like NYC will fully reopen  July 1st the latest. It puts pressure on Governor Murphy to fully reopen NJ. Governor Murphy will probably increase attendance to MetLife Stadium next month to 75% or 100%. In NJ, the latest transmission rate is at .63. The lowest it has been in a year. 

At this point, there is no reason not to go to fully open.  It’s time and the vaccine is available to anyone who wants one.  I think it’s reasonable to think we should be fully open by July, but sadly it may all depend on what political party is running the states.  Here in Michigan none of our governor’s decision have been well thought out or implemented and as a result our numbers have been some of the worst in the country.   The original lock down was done entirely to not overrun the hospitals, not to stop Covid.  The virus is going to run its course and cannot be stopped no matter what.   Hopefully we can enjoy this tour in the summer and hopefully Axl doesn’t show up looking like he gained another 50lbs. 

• Like 2

Well sounds like the Minneapolis show is fucked til 2022.  "Target Field representatives confirmed the Guns 'N Roses and Green day concerts will roll over to 2022.  Expect the same for Def Leppard at US Bank Stadium"   https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-concert-scene-is-still-rocky-as-another-quiet-summer-approaches/600050773/

Edited by Original

1 hour ago, Original said:

Well sounds like the Minneapolis show is fucked til 2022.  “Target Field representatives confirmed the Guns N' Roses and Green Day concerts will roll over to 2022. Expect the same for Def Leppard at U.S. Bank Stadium. Even fall arena gigs by Harry Styles and the Eagles seem iffy.”.  - https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-concert-scene-is-still-rocky-as-another-quiet-summer-approaches/600050773/

This doesn’t bode well for the tour as a whole. Target Field is an outdoor show, and the second of the tour. 

The optimist in me hopes that they’re waiting to make an announcement in hopes that they can salvage some of the August dates, but the realist continues to think 2022 is most likely.

7 hours ago, Original said:

Well sounds like the Minneapolis show is fucked til 2022.  “Target Field representatives confirmed the Guns N' Roses and Green Day concerts will roll over to 2022. Expect the same for Def Leppard at U.S. Bank Stadium. Even fall arena gigs by Harry Styles and the Eagles seem iffy.”.  - https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-concert-scene-is-still-rocky-as-another-quiet-summer-approaches/600050773/

Thank you for this info. That’s not a good sign at all. Even fall concerts are iffy. Well damn. 

6 hours ago, Stryker said:

This doesn’t bode well for the tour as a whole. Target Field is an outdoor show, and the second of the tour. 

The optimist in me hopes that they’re waiting to make an announcement in hopes that they can salvage some of the August dates, but the realist continues to think 2022 is most likely.

I imagine the whole industry is hoping the band can salvage some July and August dates. But, this is not welcome news. It will only take one Stadium/venue to scare others into folding this year entirely. 

What’s the appetite for gigs like in US?

If they reorganised the tour so it ran August into September at the venues/city’s currently booked in order to 100 % confirm gigs are on would tickets be snapped up?

They definitely would in the UK. The desire for live music is huge here.

Edited by reayj2003

Someone posted a pic of an article   on the GNR Fanspot Facebook page that says the Minnesota show has been pushed til 2022. The US tour isn't happening. Why would they push certain shows til 2022 but play the others? 

FB_IMG_1619981763805.jpg

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Someone posted a pic of an article   on the GNR Fanspot Facebook page that says the Minnesota show has been pushed til 2022. The US tour isn't happening. Why would they push certain shows til 2022 but play the others? 

FB_IMG_1619981763805.jpg

This was posted yesterday. 

GnR has shown their top priority is to tour, tour, tour. Friends in the industry have also pointed at August as a potential return of shows to most states. I wouldn’t rule out GnR doing an abbreviated leg at locations where they can expect a sell out.

I agree it’s hiiiighly unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Stryker said:

This was posted yesterday. 

GnR has shown their top priority is to tour, tour, tour. Friends in the industry have also pointed at August as a potential return of shows to most states. I wouldn’t rule out GnR doing an abbreviated leg at locations where they can expect a sell out.

I agree it’s hiiiighly unlikely. 

It has to make financial sense at the end of the day. If one show is a good distance from the next the overheads are going to decide it. Limited capacity and several dates postponed, I'd say the likelihood of anything happening are slim. They'll almost certainly be the first major band back on the road though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

It has to make financial sense at the end of the day. If one show is a good distance from the next the overheads are going to decide it. Limited capacity and several dates postponed, I'd say the likelihood of anything happening are slim. They'll almost certainly be the first major band back on the road though.

And that might be the reason GNR does a limited number of shows. If GNR did any tour of stadiums this year, even if it was limited to say 6 shows, would sale out and bring a lot of attention to GNR. If GNR marketed it correctly it would get a lot of press. The whole world would be watching. 

10 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

And that might be the reason GNR does a limited number of shows. If GNR did any tour of stadiums this year, even if it was limited to say 6 shows, would sale out and bring a lot of attention to GNR. If GNR marketed it correctly it would get a lot of press. The whole world would be watching. 

I think you're being way too optimistic.  Each state has their own rules and mandates that can change at any time.  With Minnesota confirming postponement of an outdoor show I'm sure nothing has been announced yet because they're trying to reschedule the whole tour.  Way too much $$$ is at stake to risk cancellation of 1 show let alone multiple shows to Covid. 

On 5/2/2021 at 3:42 AM, reayj2003 said:

What’s the appetite for gigs like in US?

If they reorganised the tour so it ran August into September at the venues/city’s currently booked in order to 100 % confirm gigs are on would tickets be snapped up?

They definitely would in the UK. The desire for live music is huge here.

Good question. Madison Square Garden the company emailed me (among presumably 1000s of others) a survey on appetite for going to a show and when. I believe this is their market work to determine when the demand will be there 

23 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I think you're being way too optimistic.  Each state has their own rules and mandates that can change at any time.  With Minnesota confirming postponement of an outdoor show I'm sure nothing has been announced yet because they're trying to reschedule the whole tour.  Way too much $$$ is at stake to risk cancellation of 1 show let alone multiple shows to Covid. 

It would be awesome for GNR to be the first major band to play concerts in the US. 

• Like 1