North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

23 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I think you're being way too optimistic.  Each state has their own rules and mandates that can change at any time.  With Minnesota confirming postponement of an outdoor show I'm sure nothing has been announced yet because they're trying to reschedule the whole tour.  Way too much $$$ is at stake to risk cancellation of 1 show let alone multiple shows to Covid. 

It would be awesome for GNR to be the first major band to play concerts in the US. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grew up in a rural area. No one ever got shot or killed.  The reason? Guns aren't available in my country.  The 'I've got to have a gun because other people might have a gun' situation is ab

Agree we are racing against the clock on our rock bands. Your Biden comment is completely off the mark. Yikes!  Thank God we have a chance to go back to normal (or something closer to it) and the unqu

I received a proof of vaccination requirement for a concert that’s not until October. It’s so frustrating. It’s free to get the vaccine, we have more than enough supply here in the US, and yet there’s

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

It was announced today that NJ will allow restaurants  and other indoor entities  not  to have any capacity limits as long as customers are six feet apart. Governor Murphy and Governor Cuomo will be deciding together on further increasing capacity for outdoor venues. I wouldn't be surprised if MetLife goes  with  no capacity limits by the end of this month. 

Edited by Draguns
typo
  • Like 2

We in the UK had a 3000 capacity live music concert last night, no need for masks or self distancing just a covid test beforehand and a few days later.  It was an 'experiment' to see how it goes.   

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Chicago is looking to open full capacity/no restrictions on July 1. This tour might actually happen.

I saw that. I still thing certain shows are getting pushed/cancelled (Toronto and MN), but this does open up the possibility for one-offs like Chicago.

• Like 1

Well now the MN Governor (I'll refrain from my comments on him) is allegedly announcing later this week that "Minnesotans can expect a pretty normal summer" IE- letting er rip here. 

Sooooo you're saying there's a chance....

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Chicago is looking to open full capacity/no restrictions on July 1. This tour might actually happen.

Are you attending? 

10 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl crying tears of rage at even the small possibility of having no excuse to delay an album further.

I think it’s “blinding white hot tears”.

Nine Inch Nails just announced 2 shows in Cleveland at an outdoor venue in Sept.  Think some of these shows could happen. 

Hopeful for Aerosmith in September!

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The tour is not happening no matter what the circumstances are. Axl will use any and all excuse to delay an album release, the shakiness and uncertainty of concerts this summer provides the excuse he needs to cancel the tour and album.

Huh? They toured from 2009 through the start of the pandemic in 2020 with no album on the horizon. Why would no album prevent a tour now? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Draguns said:

I drove past MetLife Stadium this afternoon to go see a movie. MetLife Stadium was advertising the GNR concert. 

Hell yeah. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

This seems to be a greenlight too

I would treat all the shows as being as “on” until they’re not.

Any and all of them could be cancelled or rescheduled at the drop of a hat, but in the meantime they have to promote them as if they’re going forward with them.

24 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I would treat all the shows as being as “on” until they’re not.

Any and all of them could be cancelled or rescheduled at the drop of a hat, but in the meantime they have to promote them as if they’re going forward with them.

With how the boxing went yesterday, unless a 28 days/weeks later situation happens with the vaccinated people. I think all the US dates will be a go. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My son just reminded me yesterday that he had tickets for the Detroit show. That's the one and only reason I care if a US tour happens. 

My son actually said to me "even if he sounds like crap, I mean, it's still Axl Rose" haha

My dad and I have tickets to that same show in July.

It could happen, but I'm not sure if our governor will allow it though. 

3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

With how the boxing went yesterday, unless a 28 days/weeks later situation happens with the vaccinated people. I think all the US dates will be a go. 

LOL

Imagine that. Damn.

• Haha 1
  • Powerage5 changed the title to North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread