North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

It was announced today that NJ will allow restaurants  and other indoor entities  not  to have any capacity limits as long as customers are six feet apart. Governor Murphy and Governor Cuomo will be deciding together on further increasing capacity for outdoor venues. I wouldn't be surprised if MetLife goes  with  no capacity limits by the end of this month. 

Edited by Draguns
typo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Chicago is looking to open full capacity/no restrictions on July 1. This tour might actually happen.

I saw that. I still thing certain shows are getting pushed/cancelled (Toronto and MN), but this does open up the possibility for one-offs like Chicago.

• Like 1

Well now the MN Governor (I'll refrain from my comments on him) is allegedly announcing later this week that "Minnesotans can expect a pretty normal summer" IE- letting er rip here. 

Sooooo you're saying there's a chance....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Chicago is looking to open full capacity/no restrictions on July 1. This tour might actually happen.

Are you attending? 

10 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl crying tears of rage at even the small possibility of having no excuse to delay an album further.

I think it’s “blinding white hot tears”.

46 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The tour is not happening no matter what the circumstances are. Axl will use any and all excuse to delay an album release, the shakiness and uncertainty of concerts this summer provides the excuse he needs to cancel the tour and album.

Huh? They toured from 2009 through the start of the pandemic in 2020 with no album on the horizon. Why would no album prevent a tour now? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

This seems to be a greenlight too

I would treat all the shows as being as “on” until they’re not.

Any and all of them could be cancelled or rescheduled at the drop of a hat, but in the meantime they have to promote them as if they’re going forward with them.

24 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I would treat all the shows as being as “on” until they’re not.

Any and all of them could be cancelled or rescheduled at the drop of a hat, but in the meantime they have to promote them as if they’re going forward with them.

With how the boxing went yesterday, unless a 28 days/weeks later situation happens with the vaccinated people. I think all the US dates will be a go. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My son just reminded me yesterday that he had tickets for the Detroit show. That's the one and only reason I care if a US tour happens. 

My son actually said to me "even if he sounds like crap, I mean, it's still Axl Rose" haha

My dad and I have tickets to that same show in July.

It could happen, but I'm not sure if our governor will allow it though. 

3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

With how the boxing went yesterday, unless a 28 days/weeks later situation happens with the vaccinated people. I think all the US dates will be a go. 

LOL

Imagine that. Damn.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 11:30 PM, Ixtlan said:

Are you attending? 

Yes. Once the local politicians here started guessing Chicago would be full capacity sometime in June, I couldn't wait any longer to repurchase GNR tickets for Wrigley Field. Call me a sucker. I admit I am one. And the concert could certainly still be rescheduled. But I wanted to jump while there was still prime spots available.

I probably will regret this, but I ended up getting row 3 behind pit rather than  GA pit. I always buy pit tickets for GNR, but I feel like I don't even have the concert stamina right now after a year of not attending. It'll likely be a hot and humid July day, and people will line up for pit around noon for 6 p.m. entry. And the traveling contingent of GNR fans will all probably have VIP early access to the pit too. I just didn't feel like dealing. I am gonna hang out at the bars, get polluted, and then pop in around 7 p.m. before GNR hit the stage. haha

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2