Jump to content

North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 11:30 PM, Ixtlan said:

Are you attending? 

Yes. Once the local politicians here started guessing Chicago would be full capacity sometime in June, I couldn't wait any longer to repurchase GNR tickets for Wrigley Field. Call me a sucker. I admit I am one. And the concert could certainly still be rescheduled. But I wanted to jump while there was still prime spots available.

 

I probably will regret this, but I ended up getting row 3 behind pit rather than  GA pit. I always buy pit tickets for GNR, but I feel like I don't even have the concert stamina right now after a year of not attending. It'll likely be a hot and humid July day, and people will line up for pit around noon for 6 p.m. entry. And the traveling contingent of GNR fans will all probably have VIP early access to the pit too. I just didn't feel like dealing. I am gonna hang out at the bars, get polluted, and then pop in around 7 p.m. before GNR hit the stage. haha

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grew up in a rural area. No one ever got shot or killed.  The reason? Guns aren't available in my country.  The 'I've got to have a gun because other people might have a gun' situation is ab

Agree we are racing against the clock on our rock bands. Your Biden comment is completely off the mark. Yikes!  Thank God we have a chance to go back to normal (or something closer to it) and the unqu

I received a proof of vaccination requirement for a concert that’s not until October. It’s so frustrating. It’s free to get the vaccine, we have more than enough supply here in the US, and yet there’s

Posted Images

11 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Yes. Once the local politicians here started guessing Chicago would be full capacity sometime in June, I couldn't wait any longer to repurchase GNR tickets for Wrigley Field. Call me a sucker. I admit I am one. And the concert could certainly still be rescheduled. But I wanted to jump while there was still prime spots available.

 

I probably will regret this, but I ended up getting row 3 behind pit rather than  GA pit. I always buy pit tickets for GNR, but I feel like I don't even have the concert stamina right now after a year of not attending. It'll likely be a hot and humid July day, and people will line up for pit around noon for 6 p.m. entry. And the traveling contingent of GNR fans will all probably have VIP early access to the pit too. I just didn't feel like dealing. I am gonna hang out at the bars, get polluted, and then pop in around 7 p.m. before GNR hit the stage. haha

I called Wrigley and was informed by multiple staff that as a disabled veteran I could purchase tickets in the ADA section in front of the PIT. I’m waiting to see how it plays out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

I called Wrigley and was informed by multiple staff that as a disabled veteran I could purchase tickets in the ADA section in front of the PIT. I’m waiting to see how it plays out.

Thank you for your service.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

4000 people attending  Brit awards in 02 Arena in London tonight NO MASKS NO JAB needed TWO lol SOE attend with more concerts planned in UK under pilot schemes

Edited by Gavin82
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see that it looks like this tour is finally going ahead. I refunded my tickets to Fenway last year when the pandemic started. I won’t be buying those tickets again, cause the only reason I was going was to see them with The Smashing Pumpkins. But since the Pumpkins have now dropped out of the tour, I don’t really have a reason to go now, so I’ll sit this one out (unless new music really does happen, by some miracle). That being said, I hope everyone else who’s going has a good time! :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Happy to see that it looks like this tour is finally going ahead. I refunded my tickets to Fenway last year when the pandemic started. I won’t be buying those tickets again, cause the only reason I was going was to see them with The Smashing Pumpkins. But since the Pumpkins have now dropped out of the tour, I don’t really have a reason to go now, so I’ll sit this one out (unless new music really does happen, by some miracle). That being said, I hope everyone else who’s going has a good time! :)

Lol, don’t jinx it. 
 

The Summerfest show in WI is due an update, and I doubt Toronto happens this summer because of the border, so I’d only feel good about the other shows once those two get announcements (and apparently MN too according to the previously posted article).

Things are looking good, but nothing is set in stone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Happy to see that it looks like this tour is finally going ahead. I refunded my tickets to Fenway last year when the pandemic started. I won’t be buying those tickets again, cause the only reason I was going was to see them with The Smashing Pumpkins. But since the Pumpkins have now dropped out of the tour, I don’t really have a reason to go now, so I’ll sit this one out (unless new music really does happen, by some miracle). That being said, I hope everyone else who’s going has a good time! :)

That's a bummer about Smashing Pumpkins. Was a replacement opener announced?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That's a bummer about Smashing Pumpkins. Was a replacement opener announced?

Nope. They’ve played NITL shows without openers, but I’m sure Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown are available.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Nope. They’ve played NITL shows without openers, but I’m sure Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown are available.

Interesting, well I guess it's better than no GN'R.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

I called Wrigley and was informed by multiple staff that as a disabled veteran I could purchase tickets in the ADA section in front of the PIT. I’m waiting to see how it plays out.

Hope you get that spot! The ADA section seems like it's usually somewhere in the middle of field for these types of things, unless I'm mistaken. I did notice for Wrigley it's right in front of the pit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stryker said:

Nope. They’ve played NITL shows without openers, but I’m sure Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown are available.

I'll go for that, or they could get Dirty Honey again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Hope you get that spot! The ADA section seems like it's usually somewhere in the middle of field for these types of things, unless I'm mistaken. I did notice for Wrigley it's right in front of the pit.

You’re correct. That section is usually elsewhere. I’ve never seen that section ahead of a PIT section at any venue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Happy to see that it looks like this tour is finally going ahead. I refunded my tickets to Fenway last year when the pandemic started. I won’t be buying those tickets again, cause the only reason I was going was to see them with The Smashing Pumpkins. But since the Pumpkins have now dropped out of the tour, I don’t really have a reason to go now, so I’ll sit this one out (unless new music really does happen, by some miracle). That being said, I hope everyone else who’s going has a good time! :)

Smashing Pumpkins dropped out of the tour?! AWESOME!!!!!!! I HATE Corgan's voice.  His voice is like nails on a chalkboard. The news is getting better and better. Can't wait for MetLife in August. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Phish announced a tour today. One date was Denver Labor Day weekend. That’s two weeks after GNR play. Since this was just  announced today I assume that same venue will be open for GNR as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'll go for that, or they could get Dirty Honey again.

I saw them at their first stadium show opening for The Who in Grand Rapids Michigan a year or two ago. They were better than The Who. 

They sounded like early GN'R. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Original said:

US cases are down over 40% in past 11 days.  I'm more hopeful we'll see our band this summer!

I think so too. There’s a lot of activity for concerts being scheduled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Why did the Smashing Pumpkins pull out of supporting? Anyone know? 

Pumpkins are out of season, so perhaps they ran out of pumpkins to smash. :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sweersa said:

Pumpkins are out of season, so perhaps they ran out of pumpkins to smash. :D

BOOM! There it is! 

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

 

They saw the NITL Selects... :lol:

I did genuinely wonder if the less than stellar ticket sales might have led to a downgrading of the support band t be honest.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

BOOM! There it is! 

I did genuinely wonder if the less than stellar ticket sales might have led to a downgrading of the support band t be honest.....

I'd say it's purely down to schedule, the payment for these shows is agreed, if the sales are poor that doesn't reflect on GNRs pay, that burden falls on the promoter. 

Smashing Pumkins aren't really going to move the needle when it comes to filling that stadium, not sure what band would though tbh outside of a huge band like Def leppard or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Powerage5 changed the title to North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...