North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

11 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Yes. Once the local politicians here started guessing Chicago would be full capacity sometime in June, I couldn't wait any longer to repurchase GNR tickets for Wrigley Field. Call me a sucker. I admit I am one. And the concert could certainly still be rescheduled. But I wanted to jump while there was still prime spots available.

I probably will regret this, but I ended up getting row 3 behind pit rather than  GA pit. I always buy pit tickets for GNR, but I feel like I don't even have the concert stamina right now after a year of not attending. It'll likely be a hot and humid July day, and people will line up for pit around noon for 6 p.m. entry. And the traveling contingent of GNR fans will all probably have VIP early access to the pit too. I just didn't feel like dealing. I am gonna hang out at the bars, get polluted, and then pop in around 7 p.m. before GNR hit the stage. haha

I called Wrigley and was informed by multiple staff that as a disabled veteran I could purchase tickets in the ADA section in front of the PIT. I’m waiting to see how it plays out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

I called Wrigley and was informed by multiple staff that as a disabled veteran I could purchase tickets in the ADA section in front of the PIT. I’m waiting to see how it plays out.

Thank you for your service.

• Thanks 1

Happy to see that it looks like this tour is finally going ahead. I refunded my tickets to Fenway last year when the pandemic started. I won’t be buying those tickets again, cause the only reason I was going was to see them with The Smashing Pumpkins. But since the Pumpkins have now dropped out of the tour, I don’t really have a reason to go now, so I’ll sit this one out (unless new music really does happen, by some miracle). That being said, I hope everyone else who’s going has a good time! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Happy to see that it looks like this tour is finally going ahead. I refunded my tickets to Fenway last year when the pandemic started. I won’t be buying those tickets again, cause the only reason I was going was to see them with The Smashing Pumpkins. But since the Pumpkins have now dropped out of the tour, I don’t really have a reason to go now, so I’ll sit this one out (unless new music really does happen, by some miracle). That being said, I hope everyone else who’s going has a good time! :)

Lol, don’t jinx it. 

The Summerfest show in WI is due an update, and I doubt Toronto happens this summer because of the border, so I’d only feel good about the other shows once those two get announcements (and apparently MN too according to the previously posted article).

Things are looking good, but nothing is set in stone.

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

That's a bummer about Smashing Pumpkins. Was a replacement opener announced?

13 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

Hope you get that spot! The ADA section seems like it's usually somewhere in the middle of field for these types of things, unless I'm mistaken. I did notice for Wrigley it's right in front of the pit.

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Hope you get that spot! The ADA section seems like it's usually somewhere in the middle of field for these types of things, unless I'm mistaken. I did notice for Wrigley it's right in front of the pit.

You’re correct. That section is usually elsewhere. I’ve never seen that section ahead of a PIT section at any venue. 

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Smashing Pumpkins dropped out of the tour?! AWESOME!!!!!!! I HATE Corgan's voice.  His voice is like nails on a chalkboard. The news is getting better and better. Can't wait for MetLife in August. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'll go for that, or they could get Dirty Honey again.

I saw them at their first stadium show opening for The Who in Grand Rapids Michigan a year or two ago. They were better than The Who. 

They sounded like early GN'R. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sweersa said:

Pumpkins are out of season, so perhaps they ran out of pumpkins to smash. :D

BOOM! There it is! 

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

They saw the NITL Selects... :lol:

I did genuinely wonder if the less than stellar ticket sales might have led to a downgrading of the support band t be honest.....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

BOOM! There it is! 

I did genuinely wonder if the less than stellar ticket sales might have led to a downgrading of the support band t be honest.....

I'd say it's purely down to schedule, the payment for these shows is agreed, if the sales are poor that doesn't reflect on GNRs pay, that burden falls on the promoter. 

Smashing Pumkins aren't really going to move the needle when it comes to filling that stadium, not sure what band would though tbh outside of a huge band like Def leppard or something.