North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

14 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

LOL. I told you people.

Told us what? MC’s tour was set to start a whole month earlier, different situation. 

Many states are opening back up well in advance of the GnR dates. I don’t think GnR dates are a lock or anything, but people kept saying they were impossible. A limited tour is absolutely possible.

Edited by Stryker

2 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Told us what? MC’s tour was set to start a whole month earlier, different situation. 

Many states are opening back up well in advance of the GnR dates. I don’t think GnR dates are a lock or anything, but people kept saying they were impossible. A limited tour is absolutely possible.

I assumed @Original's post was referring to GNR not MC?

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I assumed @Original's post was referring to GNR not MC?

Ya, he was referring to the Motley Crue Stadium Tour, which had a start date of June 19. GnR has a start date of July 13 in DC, where the mayor has announced concerts can proceed at full capacity beginning June 11.

GnR shows are on, as of now. Changes to the dates are highly likely, but several shows CAN happen if you look at them individually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, k12 said:

I just got an email the Motley Crue tour is pushed to 2022, so there is that as far as bands having a stadium tour 

As  I previously said, MetLife Stadium was advertising the GNR concert last Sunday. Furthermore, I just bought NY Giants tickets for the home opening game occurring on  September 12.   Lastly, other bands have recently announced tours for this summer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

As  I previously said, MetLife Stadium was advertising the GNR concert last Sunday. Furthermore, I just bought NY Giants tickets for the home opening game occurring on  September 12.   Lastly, other bands have recently announced tours for this summer. 

Yeah, Crue dates were just starting those few weeks too early. There's talk of shows happening even in Ireland and we've been locked up until now. Now they'll be 3000 capacity max and will be cancelled on a whim if there's a hint of a new strain. The US is way ahead of most places with vaccines so I think this GNR tour is looking likely. New album imminent!!!😄

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah, Crue dates were just starting those few weeks too early. There's talk of shows happening even in Ireland and we've been locked up until now. Now they'll be 3000 capacity max and will be cancelled on a whim if there's a hint of a new strain. The US is way ahead of most places with vaccines so I think this GNR tour is looking likely. New album imminent!!!😄

Yeah, the U.S. is definitely starting to be ahead. I know that the NJ/NYC area got hit very hard with COVID when it started last March. With Governor Murphy starting to ease restrictions in NJ, things are getting much better. The vaccination rate is now 53% in NJ. I'm fully vaccinated since I didn't want to take a chance with this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like anything starting in June or earlier is getting pushed back.  Guns tour in the US starts July 10th.  It will be interesting to see what happens with the Black Crowes tour as that is scheduled to start June 25th and in reading the tea leaves on their Facebook Page as of May 1 they were planning on going forward with it.  If that tour stays on the more likely it is Guns tours stays on.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Don’t see the tour happening and I don’t see an album before a tour. 

Definitely no album coming out next month, so yeah no album before a tour. Most sensible people would agree on that, I'm sure some are still holding out hope though🤣

Edited by Tom2112

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Definitely no album coming out next month, so yeah no album before a tour. Most sensible people would agree on that, I'm sure some are still holding out hope though🤣

I have no hope because I really don't care if NITL lineup releases an album or not but I have a hunch they are going to surprise people and release a new album soon.  

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have no hope because I really don't care if NITL lineup releases an album or not but I have a hunch they are going to surprise people and release a new album soon.  

If that did happen I'd be shocked, and very happy to have been completely wrong. I just really, really don't see it... but never say never🤣

Hey I'm not a fan of the NITL line up either, but maybe an album might rev them up for a while and perform well... so for that possibility alone an album is worthwhile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

When should we expect a tour cancellation/rescheduling if this isn't happening? I wouldn't be surprised if Fermanager waited until the week before or less.

Motley Crue cancelled theirs a month out, think we could expect as late as that for GnR. 

Each day that passes without a cancellation increases the odds. That said, an announcement for Milwaukee is guaranteed, and one for Toronto and MN are likely.

There's no way they're performing a scattered mess of dates across the US in lieu of a fully functional normal tour next year. They did that in Mexico in March 2020 but only because the venue wouldn't cancel the date. They won't want to release an album then wait a year to tour it in Europe. And they aren't going to release an album in 2022 without touring the states. Expect this tour to be rescheduled to July/August 2022 shortly (aka whenever Fermanager gets around to it).

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

There's no way they're performing a scattered mess of dates across the US in lieu of a fully functional normal tour next year. They did that in Mexico in March 2020 but only because the venue wouldn't cancel the date. They won't want to release an album then wait a year to tour it in Europe. And they aren't going to release an album in 2022 without touring the states. Expect this tour to be rescheduled to July/August 2022 shortly (aka whenever Fermanager gets around to it).

Personally, I don’t think an album factors in at all. You may be right about not wanting to do scattered dates though. I guess only time will tell.

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I mean, it would be cool if we got a few “select” shows in the US this year and not a full blown tour, but I don’t see that happening. The only selects we will be getting are the ones already shown on YouTube...................

• Haha 1