North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

Please show me the outdoor stadium tours in November on the east coast.  Because I can't ever recall one.  I could be wrong 

Did you read my post? I mentioned the other 75% of the US where it's not cold in the winter. 

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Did you read my post? I mentioned the other 75% of the US where it's not cold in the winter. 

They don't hit the west coast until Las Vegas on that leg of the tour and only 7 dates are west coast shows. Everything else is east coast.  Even places like Tulsa the average low temperature is below 40 in November so your argument doesn't really hold up.  No bands do stadium tours in the fall / winter.  Not any that I've seen anyway. Maybe you have other examples 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Of course it would. What else would it possibly be?! 

Not sure why he thought that was a gotcha question :lol: Also doing "one more tour" as a last hurrah would be forgivable. It's being a nostalgia act in perpetuity that isn't. 

• Like 1

Are people actually arguing that the US shows are/will sell well? 

There is actually factual evidence that shows they aren't, and weren't long before Covid. To argue that they are simply isn't true. 

The bare bones of it are that the venues are too big and the band have toured the same show for too long. 

Why they were booked is anyone's guess, but anyone can look at the ticket sales sites and see for themselves how things are looking. 

• Like 1

They don't hit the west coast until Las Vegas on that leg of the tour and only 7 dates are west coast shows. Everything else is east coast.  Even places like Tulsa the average low temperature is below 40 in November so your argument doesn't really hold up.  No bands do stadium tours in the fall / winter.  Not any that I've seen anyway. Maybe you have other examples 

Other examples include every other artist who's ever played stadium shows in the winter in the US. 

And again, the whether doesn't really have anything to do with it. That point is proven by the fact that they weren't doing multiple arena dates in each market because there wasn't enough demand. 

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There is actually factual evidence that shows they aren't, and weren't long before Covid. To argue that they are simply isn't true. 

The bare bones of it are that the venues are too big and the band have toured the same show for too long. 

Why they were booked is anyone's guess, but anyone can look at the ticket sales sites and see for themselves how things are looking. 

Yes, that's the actual argument. The idea being sold here is that GN'R are in huge demand and that they only played less than sold out arenas because of cold weather, not because the demand wasn't there. I know how silly that sounds, but that's the argument being made. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Other examples include every other artist who's ever played stadium shows in the winter in the US. 

And again, the whether doesn't really have anything to do with it. That point is proven by the fact that they weren't doing multiple arena dates in each market because there wasn't enough demand. 

Yes, that's the actual argument. The idea being sold here is that GN'R are in huge demand and that they only played less than sold out arenas because of cold weather, not because the demand wasn't there. I know how silly that sounds, but that's the argument being made. 

I'm just asking for examples of rock bands playing major stadium tours in fall/winter. 

I'm not saying they could have filled another stadium tour directly after another.  But the fact they could go back to the same markets a year later and sell out arenas does say a lot about their popularity.  And again nobody tours stadiums in fall / winter.  I'm not even sure football teams would allow that with how the field gets ripped up. 

Hell it was the second highest grossing tour of all time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I'm just asking for examples of rock bands playing major stadium tours in fall/winter. 

I'm not saying they could have filled another stadium tour directly after another.  But the fact they could go back to the same markets a year later and sell out arenas does say a lot about their popularity.  And again nobody tours stadiums in fall / winter.  I'm not even sure football teams would allow that with how the field gets ripped up. 

Come on now. You have to know better than to suggest that concerts happen on the actual field. 

Also, the Garth Brooks show at saw at Ford Field in February 2020 (the dead of winter) is a great example of an artist who can play stadiums in the winter due to the fact that they can actually draw a crowd that size. Meanwhile, the last time GN'R was in Detroit, they played in November to a less than sold out Little Caesers Arena. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Buy tickets and go see it or don’t. Who gives a shit?

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Come on now. You have to know better than to suggest that concerts happen on the actual field. 

Also, the Garth Brooks show at saw at Ford Field in February 2020 (the dead of winter) is a great example of an artist who can play stadiums in the winter due to the fact that they can actually draw a crowd that size. Meanwhile, the last time GN'R was in Detroit, they played in November to a less than sold out Little Caesers Arena. 

Ford field is a dome. Good luck hosting a concert at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on a cold November night.

Not every city has a giant dome 🤦‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Ford field is a dome. Good luck hosting a concert at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on a cold November night.

LOL, yes, I know. Just like not every city in the US is cold in the winter..... 

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I've gone to over 200 shows in my life.  There have been lots of shows where sales "didn't look great" and then when I got there they were packed.  Not every show sells well right from the beginning especially when tickets first go on sale.

Now of course there had been little promotion. They probably didn't even know they were going to go on with the show until a short time ago.  And like I said nobody was buying tickets to anything during the promotion.

I am wouldn't be surprised if that show has 75% attendance when it goes on.  Which is not bad when it holds 50-70k people 

I'm not saying GnR is going to sellout every place they play, or even come close to selling them out but I'm willing to bet that attendence is still very good for most shows.

You don’t understand GNR is just a nostalgia tour. Nobody wants to see the same set list again. 

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

The stones did the bridges to Babylon tour in October/November/December in football stadiums. Granted the late November/December shows were all indoors or down south. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

What part of the ad is suspect? :lol:

Suspect in that sometimes forum users like to make shit like this up to troll other forum users. There have been dozens of fake leaks over the years so I wouldn't be surprised by a fake voiceover. I don't necessarily think it's fake I'd just like to see the original source.

If that's a fake voiceover guy he needs to get into the business because he sounds exactly like a real voiceover guy that I've heard a bunch of times. Either that or the video maker spent thousands to hire a professional for his attempt to make a fake ad for a real show that looks identical to what a real commercial for the same concert would look like.

• Like 2

Ditto with MetLife Stadium. No way would you want to go to a concert at MetLife Stadium in November. Heck, I did a Giants game in December after a snowstorm. I'm NEVER doing that again.  Additionally, I saw Metallica on Mother's Day in 2017. It was freezing at MetLife Stadium.  For concerts, the ideal time is between June-September.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Suspect in that sometimes forum users like to make shit like this up to troll other forum users. There have been dozens of fake leaks over the years so I wouldn't be surprised by a fake voiceover. I don't necessarily think it's fake I'd just like to see the original source.

A fake voiceover, for a concert that's happening, to troll a couple forum users... :lol:

I saw it in the 2021 tour thread on gnfnr.

• Haha 1