North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

59 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I think it hinges on tomorrow’s announcement. I think “Summer 2021 North American Tour Discussion” has a nice ring to it, but there’s always a .001% chance there’s something else included in the announcement.

How do you know there is an announcement tomorrow?

If any sort of tour is going ahead, that's great. While I won't be paying to see GN'R, I'm truly happy for those that want to go. Any return of live music is great IMO. 

Having said that, I think anyone expecting any new music is setting themselves up for disappointment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

If any sort of tour is going ahead, that's great. While I won't be paying to see GN'R, I'm truly happy for those that want to go. Any return of live music is great IMO. 

Having said that, I think anyone expecting any new music is setting themselves up for disappointment. 

Your starts in a month. Zero chance there's new music, it would have already been released to promote it

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Your starts in a month. Zero chance there's new music, it would have already been released to promote it

I'm not saying there will be new music tomorrow because I'm not expecting that but stealth album releases happen all the time nowadays. There could definitely be a single released.  

9 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I'm not saying there will be new music tomorrow because I'm not expecting that but stealth album releases happen all the time nowadays. There could definitely be a single released.  

doesn't seem like Axl's style to stealth release anything. My guess is maybe Axl will address this issue in one of the shows or they'll finish all the tour dates and when Axl completes the album/wants to release it he'll give a release date or an interview but none of this shit is going to happen anytime soon.

in the meantime, I'm hoping they'll at least play HS or some other newish tune.

Edited by Rovim

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

doesn't seem like Axl's style to stealth release anything. My guess is maybe Axl will address this issue in one of the shows or they'll finish all the tour dates and when Axl completes the album/wants to release it he'll give a release date or an interview but none of this shit is going to happen anytime soon.

in the meantime, I'm hoping they'll at least play HS or some other newish tune.

I actually feel the opposite. I feel like when Axl DOES decide to release new music it'll just come out of nowhere.  I think it will be here's the new album, it's out.  

I don't think he wants the leaks and this is the easiest way to control it.

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

I actually feel the opposite. I feel like when Axl DOES decide to release new music it'll just come out of nowhere.  I think it will be here's the new album, it's out.  

I don't think he wants the leaks and this is the easiest way to control it.

perhaps, but don't you think he'll want to promote it in a monumental way? everytime Axl releases anything which is not that often of course, I think he wants it to have every chance of succeeding. Seems kinda old school about it. Especially when it's original Guns material but who knows.

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

perhaps, but don't you think he'll want to promote it in a monumental way? everytime Axl releases anything which is not that often of course, I think he wants it to have every chance of succeeding. Seems kinda old school about it. Especially when it's original Guns material but who knows.

Idk man... He's just become so elusive about everything.  I will agree when the L&L  set came out there was a decent amount of promotion.  And even with this tour we are seeing the "they're coming" billboards pop up... They seem to promote their announcements.  So you might be right.

I just feel it'll be one of those things where he kind of let's the music speak for itself.  I'm sure slash and duff will do promotion and interviews but idk man lol

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Fair enough. I wouldn’t hold my breath tho! But I’d love to be proven wrong, of course.

For sure. TBH, I wasn’t even trying to allude to new music, more that it could be Summer/Fall, they could be sharing the bill with another big name, or maybe there are a string of acoustic or more intimate shows with a theme.

I also think I jumped the gun when I assumed that all of these shows would be announced at the same time with Hershey in ~5 hours. They could be staggered.

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Well there is an outside minute, minuscule possibility that they throw caution to the wind and play new material live before they release it. They did it with UYI, Chinese.... The landscape is completely different now, but I guess there is still 0.001% chance it happens. I just wouldn't be expecting it. Expect what you saw last time with a few newer songs thrown in as the tour gets going, I think if you go with that mindset you can enjoy the show even if you are tired of the set or even the 

It would be great if they played a fresh set and Axl was sounding good again, which is about is as unlikely as new music... but possible. July is going to be interesting on here🤣

Anyway! anyone going enjoy! 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If someone could please explain to me the logic behind announcing more dates to a tour that is already selling poorly that would be great, as I can't work it out it all! 

People are starved for in person events. GnR already was scheduled/ready to tour, I assume LiveNation thinks that once they initiate an all out marketing blitz these shows will sell themselves.

I’m not saying it will be successful, but there is some logic to it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well there is an outside minute, minuscule possibility that they throw caution to the wind and play new material live before they release it. They did it with UYI, Chinese.... The landscape is completely different now, but I guess there is still 0.001% chance it happens. I just wouldn't be expecting it. Expect what you saw last time with a few newer songs thrown in as the tour gets going, I think if you go with that mindset you can enjoy the show even if you are tired of the set or even the 

It would be great if they played a fresh set and Axl was sounding good again, which is about is as unlikely as new music... but possible. July is going to be interesting on here🤣

Anyway! anyone going enjoy! 

The chance of them playing new stuff before any release is actually way bigger than them releasing an album suddenly within a few weeks. One of the reasons may be that they did this with every single album they've ever released. New tunes were always played ahead of releases. This obviously doesn't have to mean a completely new playlist, that's never been the case. But a few songs? That would be great. No reason not to do it. Then again, GNR and reason... 

New profile image on their Ticketmaster page of the robot smashing what looks like the OG AFD Cover Monster.

Edit: If I’m not mistaken, the AFD monster has been reworked a bit to include COVID elements. Not joking. Google is telling me they’re called S Proteins. I’ll let y’all judge for yourselves whether I’m seeing things or not. I don’t think they appear on the Original cover.

Edited by Stryker

37 minutes ago, Stryker said:

New profile image on their Ticketmaster page of the robot smashing what looks like the OG AFD Cover Monster.

Edit: If I’m not mistaken, the AFD monster has been reworked a bit to include COVID elements. Not joking. Google is telling me they’re called S Proteins. I’ll let y’all judge for yourselves whether I’m seeing things or not. I don’t think they appear on the Original cover.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-tickets/artist/735218

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

Appetite For Destruction 2 starts now :P

Well, I'm actually a bit excited about GN'R touring again. I am not saying it will be any different from before, I just am more happy with the band out there touring than the band doing nothing. Will there be new songs? New riots? New biting of guards' thighs? New band members? New covers? New acoustic shows at smaller venues? New paparazzis' getting knocked down? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Mammoth WVH opening is the best thing about this news. 

At this rate, Team Brazil are either deluded or have something up their sleeve (lol). I have no idea how they expect to sell tickets for these new dates - Hersheypark is the first date on the tour (July 31) and tickets go on sale June 04. Tough ask.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

At this rate, Team Brazil are either deluded or have something up their sleeve (lol). I have no idea how they expect to sell tickets for these new dates - Hersheypark is the first date on the tour (July 31) and tickets go on sale June 04. Tough ask.

I think they're banking entirely on being the first major tour out of the gate since the pandemic. 

IMO, it's the smartest play they could run right now. Catch people desperate for a live show and throw a sense of urgency at it by having the on sale so close to the show. 

And by "smartest play", I of course mean Live Nation, not TB 

• Like 4