North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

You know what would be super cool? If they did either UYI I or UYI II front to back in the set list every night seeing as the anniversary is coming up. 

Like, open the set with ISE & Brownstone per usual then either go into RNDTH or Ciivil War and play the rest of that album at eight through. Then do a few hits as an encore. 

That'll never happen, but it would be really cool. 

Good lord I'd explode...🤤 obviously Izzy has to do Dust n bones and 14 years though! Funny if the played UYI in full considering they didn't do anything special at the shows for AFD!

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You know what would be super cool? If they did either UYI I or UYI II front to back in the set list every night seeing as the anniversary is coming up. 

Like, open the set with ISE & Brownstone per usual then either go into RNDTH or Ciivil War and play the rest of that album at eight through. Then do a few hits as an encore. 

Yeap, got me excited thinking about that. It'll never happen. Heck they probably even forgotten about Hardschool by now. 

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Good lord I'd explode...🤤 obviously Izzy has to do Dust n bones and 14 years though! Funny if the played UYI in full considering they didn't do anything special at the shows for AFD!

Would be cool to see Slash sing his parts on Dust N' Bones. Izzy will never be in any GN'R show though. 

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

8 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Yeap, got me excited thinking about that. It'll never happen. Heck they probably even forgotten about Hardschool by now. 

This is further proof that a GN'R fan (me), sitting on the couch watching YouTube videos and putting a minor amount of thought into this can come up with far more compelling ideas to make the tour interesting than anyone involved in the GN'R organization. 

Imagine what I could come up with if I put my full mind to it and more than 5 minutes! I doubt I'd even need a 3 hour meeting lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I haven’t got my money back for Target Field, they are still selling tickets for i the event  on TM, but I’m supposed to buy tickets for Xcel at m noon today?  Messed up.

Edit... Nevermind, just checked spam box and found email.

Edited by Mascadcar

9 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Would be cool to see Slash sing his parts on Dust N' Bones. Izzy will never be in any GN'R show though. 

Such a funny situation when you look at it. Izzy would pop up occasionally with Axl when the other guys were out, now he won't come anyway near it and Slash and Duff are back. 

I'd love to see him sing those songs again, whether that's with GNR or on his own! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is further proof that a GN'R fan (me), sitting on the couch watching YouTube videos and putting a minor amount of thought into this can come up with far more compelling ideas to make the tour interesting than anyone involved in the GN'R organization. 

Imagine what I could come up with if I put my full mind to it and more than 5 minutes! I doubt I'd even need a 3 hour meeting lol

I'd want them to do random opening songs each shows. Like straight up play Paradise City at the start of the show. That would be a fresh idea.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPlHNHHDKLb/

The new tour announcement video on IG is heavily based on UYI1 colors. Should mean nothing, because nightrain is playing :lol:

Be prepared for the same old setlist okay? 

This video is quite cool, much better than the poster. Couldn't they have used the outro of November rain? instead of Nightrain? they wanted a big hitter, but with the colour scheme it seems logical for UYI track, oh well good attempt😄

• Haha 1

This...may be the first time I've felt a full blown feeling of "Meh" when a full GNR tour was unveiled.  I can't even pretend to be tempted to buy tickets until they announce an album. Can't do it.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

Going from Smashing Pumpkins to Wolfgang Van Halen is a definite buzz kill, it sounds like WVH is a person you add in addition to whatever decent opening act you have especially at those stadium shows

• Like 3

Just now, k12 said:

Going from Smashing Pumpkins to Wolfgang Van Halen is a definite buzz kill, it sounds like WVH is a person you add in addition to whatever decent opening act you have especially at those stadium shows

I know Smashing Pumkins are huge, but I can't imagine going to see them. Maybe I'd enjoy them as an opener though. As for Wolfie I think it's a good combo judging from his first 4/5 singles, some heavy stompers, and some straight pop/rock I think a GNR audience would like it. He also has a lot of interest in what he's up to, most of his songs have anywhere between 300k to over 1 million (pinky finger raised to mouth) views... that's the sort of thing promoters are looking at. 

18 minutes ago, k12 said:

The Mammoth WVH album has a LOT of buzz on it. It gets released 06/11 and it's going to have a lot of big radio hits all summer. 

They're a much better choice to attract new, young rock fans than the Smashing Pumpkins. 

So what exactly has happened here? They've scrapped the stadium gigs and announced arena dates?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That would require a modicum of effort, not much, but a bit, which is simply out of the question for Axl.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1