North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

On 5/30/2021 at 5:25 PM, Axl_morris said:

Maybe they are booking available venues to fit in their roster, not much available last minute, with covid.. etc

Looks like a similar size venue in Atlantic City also.

Or it's just a Billboard in Reading for the Hershey show.

it's likely a billboard in Reading for the Hershey show.  last time they played Hershey there were billboards in Reading, Lancaster and most of the larger towns surrounding Hershey.  

16 minutes ago, AxlsMainMan said:

Anyone know what's going on with the Toronto show? My tickets say "Past Event" on the Ticketmaster app.

It’s cancelled you will receive a refund from point of purchase.  Should come automatically 

53 minutes ago, k12 said:

Going from Smashing Pumpkins to Wolfgang Van Halen is a definite buzz kill, it sounds like WVH is a person you add in addition to whatever decent opening act you have especially at those stadium shows

Wolf's there for the band to have an excuse to add a Van Halen song to the set instead of playing new GNR songs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

It’s cancelled you will receive a refund from point of purchase.  Should come automatically 

I've already received a refund but received an email that it's officially cancelled and that refund will be processed. Wonder if it'll get processed twice...

16 minutes ago, coondogg said:

Are people seeing good seats during the presale? Last couple times I bought presale tix, I was disappointed to see better seats available during public sale.

There is absolutely NO need to worry about pre-sale for GN'R tickets. 

• GNFNR 1

Just now, El Guapo said:

None of you guys should buy any tickets and support this shit, it almost pisses me off a little lol

Vote with your wallet! That's what I've been saying for years. 

GN'R is already down to causal fans or less buying tickets, thus the comical downgrading of this tour even in the face of nearly everyone on Earth dying to see a live concert. 

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

So what exactly has happened here? They've scrapped the stadium gigs and announced arena dates?

That would require a modicum of effort, not much, but a bit, which is simply out of the question for Axl.

No. They downsized to a smaller venue for just one show (Minneapolis), canceled two others (Washington DC and Toronto), rescheduled a few (Indianapolis, Chicago and Detroit) and then added a bunch of smaller-sized shows in a bunch of other places (Atlantic City, Dallas, etc.).

EDIT: nevermind. It looks like there were other shows that were downsized/ canceled too. I stand corrected.

Edited by rocknroll41

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There is absolutely NO need to worry about pre-sale for GN'R tickets. 

I think the smaller sized venues like AC will easily be packed. Now how many will be sold vs. given to high rollers, I'm not sure. But for the bigger shows,I think you are right. You can probably wait til day of and see how far they fall on Stubhub.

The most discouraging thing is that “the next chapter” and “all-new show” language have been removed from promotional material. I doubt it meant anything significant, but it still seems like a step backwards.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Looks like they woke up to reality and scaled down to arenas for many of the shows.

Good news for me is that the Seattle show got cancelled, and now they are playing Portland, OR which is much closer to me!

I wonder what the folks who were on here last week telling me all about the high demand for GN'R will say? 

I was told that GN'R isn't a nostalgia act with diminishing interest, yet here we are. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

What the fuck is that on the right anyway? A cowboy hat?

A foot stomping coronavirus. So punk rock.

Well, I am goddamn pissed off. They rescheduled Chicago for the exact date (Sept 16) that Riot Fest starts. I was really looking forward to that day of Riot Fest, specifically, as it's a "special" day of surprise sets and bands and guest appearances for those who rolled over their 2020 tickets versus getting a refund.

I'm looking into potentially seeing GNR play elsewhere (Colorado, or to stay closer to Chicago, maybe Detroit). But, man, living in Chicago and growing up a diehard Cubs fan, it pains me to have to skip Wrigley Field. 

And please, drop a new single FFS.

8 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

A foot stomping coronavirus. So punk rock.

Well, I am goddamn pissed off. They rescheduled Chicago for the exact date (Sept 16) that Riot Fest starts. I was really looking forward to that day of Riot Fest, specifically, as it's a "special" day of surprise sets and bands and guest appearances for those who rolled over their 2020 tickets versus getting a refund.

I'm looking into potentially seeing GNR play elsewhere (Colorado, or to stay closer to Chicago, maybe Detroit). But, man, living in Chicago and growing up a diehard Cubs fan, it pains me to have to skip Wrigley Field. 

And please, drop a new single FFS.

Damn man, that sucks. I've never been to Riot Fest but I've heard GREAT things about it. 

I also get the idea of wanting to see GN'R at Wrigley. There's nothing to special about Comerica but Detroit might be a good option just because tickets will be readily available. 

29 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

None of you guys should buy any tickets and support this shit, it almost pisses me off a little lol

I told myself in 2016 I'd never see them again until they drop a new album.

It's 2021, and I'll be seeing them again, I guess. So I suppose I'll see them every 5 years, assuming a new album doesn't drop then.

As has been suggested before, maybe CD2 is being held on to because it is all they have left as far as decent material goes, maybe they can't record new music as a band today. We don't know how much, if anything has been made new since the Robin/Bucket era. Maybe little to nothing has been done since that era, and I'm not talking about working on existing CD stuff, I'm talking about actual, new songs. New songs with the lineup post 2004, we don't know if any exist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Getting an error code when I try to buy tickets for MetLife.

Paying face value for tickets to that show would be an error, so the message is correct. 

Edited by axlslash
  • Haha 1