North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Silkworms would give Axl a decent vocals break. Scraped, that would probably be a bit hard.

Eh, aye sure! Possibly two of the worst tracks ever recorded under the GNR banner, in my opinion. Absolutely atrocious tracks.

• Like 1

Honestly speaking, me and a friend are going to buy $50 nosebleeds to MetLife ($80 after fees probably). This is for a night out post-COVID and to see one of my favorite bands.

But I just cannot justify anything higher than that given the state of Axl's voice and virtually the same show I've seen three times since 2016 (and similar to the one I've been seeing since '06).

I am a massive Axl defender, I think he got the short end of the stick in a lot of ways as far as the break up and other things are concerned. And I say that because if someone like me is feeling this way about GNR, there are definitely issues. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Honestly speaking, me and a friend are going to buy $50 nosebleeds to MetLife ($80 after fees probably). This is for a night out post-COVID and to see one of my favorite bands.

But I just cannot justify anything higher than that given the state of Axl's voice and virtually the same show I've seen three times since 2016 (and similar to the one I've been seeing since '06).

I am a massive Axl defender, I think he got the short end of the stick in a lot of ways as far as the break up and other things are concerned. And I say that because if someone like me is feeling this way about GNR, there are definitely issues. 

People are just willfully ignoring how bad he sounds these days. During most 2018-19-20 shows you were hard pressed to get more than 3 or 4 listenable performances per show. The majority of songs in the set were just terrible vocally. And a terrible vocal performance ruins the entire show for me. I can't appreciate what the band are doing when the singer is sounding shit - it's just too distracting.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

People are just willfully ignoring how bad he sounds these days. During most 2018-19-20 shows you were hard pressed to get more than 3 or 4 listenable performances per show. The majority of songs in the set were just terrible vocally. And a terrible vocal performance ruins the entire show for me. I can't appreciate what the band are doing when the singer is sounding shit - it's just too distracting.

Yeah, and in some ways I feel guilty even thinking that because, Jesus Christ, it's Axl, Slash, and Duff on stage together. It really is crazy to think that this even happened. But when one of my favorite performers sounds like this I just get underwhelmed, especially when you look at the prices they're charging for decent seats.

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Eh, aye sure! Possibly two of the worst tracks ever recorded under the GNR banner, in my opinion. Absolutely atrocious tracks.

They would work well on an EP, along with Nothing and Eye On You. :) Single material right there. :D

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

They would work well on an EP, along with Nothing and Eye On You. :) Single material right there. :D

Throw in Atlas Shrugged, a firm favourite of mine, and I think we'd have the most authentic GNR recording of all time!!! Hahaha! God, I have cold sweats even thinking about that.

• Like 1

• Powerage5 changed the title to North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread
2 minutes ago, Original said:

Could Axl pull off Fall To Pieces? 

Slither proves his ability to pull it off is irrelevant. I’d still like to hear him sing more VR, so F2P, STB or SBQM would all be cool.

• Like 1

It doesn't help sales that the first tickets you see are the inflated verified resale & VIP packages.

You have to filter out to get to actual price or a standard ticket. Alot of people will be confused by that system.

It's been five years since the last Phoenix show, 10 years since the one before that. No new music, and Axl's voice is sounding worse than ever. I hate to be one of the grumpy ones, but there are so many bands announcing dates right now, I have one of the best choices of live music in 20 years. Gn'R just isn't deserving of my time and money anymore. The 2016 show was average at best.  Even nosebleeds are going to be about $150 for two tickets.  I can do two or three club shows for that. And Gary Numan is on tour in September.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

It doesn't help sales that the first tickets you see are the inflated verified resale & VIP packages.

You have to filter out to get to actual price or a standard ticket. Alot of people will be confused by that system.

On a GNR Facebook group, one guy posted that he saw tickets for $500-$900 in Portland. When I stated that I doubted him due to living in one of the most expensive area in the United States, he posted a link to a third party website. I explained that those websites rip you off and that you either need to go to TicketMaster or Stubhub. 

Edited by Draguns

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Last time I saw them in Miami in 2018, I was in the pit and standing in front of one of the subwoofer cabinets.  That location drowned out a lot of the vocal issues.  Give it a try!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Every band who has lost dates in the last 18 months to COVID will now be fighting for your money.   

True, and it looks like GnR has nothing to offer other than "WE'RE F'N BACK!".

Guess what, so is everybody else! :O

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Damn, I was hopeful we'd get Silkworms as the new single with an acoustic version of My World as the B Side 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Holy shit - look at this. Zoom in on the map. 

How on earth is this show going to go ahead? It's been on sale a year and a half now. Surely you couldn't run a stadium show with those sales? They can't have shifted more than 1000 in the whole venue......and those are just the tickets available from Ticketmaster, so a lot of the ones unavailable won't be sold either! 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1E00583CD3B64DEE

Edited by allwaystired

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

How on earth is this show going to go ahead? It's been on sale a year and a half now. Surely you couldn't run a stadium show with those sales? They can't have shifted more than 1000 in the whole venue. 

This is conflicting information from what I was given on this forum last week. 

I was told GN'R isn't a legacy/nostalgia act with diminishing interest. I was told they were selling tickets with ease. 

Now I don't know who to believe! Do I believe the actual proof provided by the company trying to sell tickets? Do I believe the people who claim otherwise just because they like GN'R a lot? 

I'm so confused now. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Damn, I was hopeful we'd get Silkworms as the new single with an acoustic version of My World as the B Side 

With the latter containing guitar work from Ron Thal, Ricky Fortus, Slasher, Buckethead, and Gary Sunshine! 

• GNFNR 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

This is conflicting information from what I was given on this forum last week. 

I was told GN'R isn't a legacy/nostalgia act with diminishing interest. I was told they were selling tickets with ease. 

Now I don't know who to believe! Do I believe the actual proof provided by the company trying to sell tickets? Do I believe the people who claim otherwise just because they like GN'R a lot? 

I'm so confused now. 

Well, we do live in the 'post-truth' era now, so it's best to throw away all evidence and stick to what anonymous posters on an internet forum say! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

How on earth is this show going to go ahead? It's been on sale a year and a half now. Surely you couldn't run a stadium show with those sales? They can't have shifted more than 1000 in the whole venue......and those are just the tickets available from Ticketmaster, so a lot of the ones unavailable won't be sold either! 

Look at the maps for MetLife or Indy. Doesnt look much better.

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Put this into perspective how bad this is a bit more. 5th row seats, NOT scalped, $275 and they are still available. That is a devastating amount of tickets left. They hit Phoenix in August and I just don't give a shit.

• Like 1

Just now, StayofExecution2020 said:

Look at the maps for MetLife or Indy. Doesnt look much better.

Yeah, just had a look. Insane. 

I genuinely have never seen stadium shows sell so few tickets. I seriously wonder what they're going to, and whether they have something to pull out of the bag with these. 

It all seems really strange to me. 

Right there, they have a huge reason and motivation to present something exciting and new from the very first show. People will buy tickets if they see (on YT) it's worth it. But come up with just another NITL leg with new lights, clothes and one new cover - and you're fucked, guys.