Jump to content

North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grew up in a rural area. No one ever got shot or killed.  The reason? Guns aren't available in my country.  The 'I've got to have a gun because other people might have a gun' situation is ab

Agree we are racing against the clock on our rock bands. Your Biden comment is completely off the mark. Yikes!  Thank God we have a chance to go back to normal (or something closer to it) and the unqu

Your mom

Posted Images

First time I haven’t had any desire to see a tour for this band.  If Axl comes out swinging and sounds good early in the tour, I might pull the trigger on one of the later tour dates, but I’m not very optimistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having looked at those sales, I'm actually rooting for them quite a lot - it seems like it's now or never really in terms of their future. 

If there's nothing, these shows tank (as the sales are showing they are doing) I think they'll just disappear again. The demand clearly isn't there to see them play live, and if there's no new music I think long-term radio silence will resume. 

As my favourite band I absolutely don't want it to go down this way. Perhaps the adversity might be good for them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Drop all stadium tickets to $75 and offer a free toy truck with every purchase.

I'm holding out for when they get really desperate and sweeten the deal with Fernando's GNR kids book.  

:headbang:

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Holy shit - look at this. Zoom in on the map. 

How on earth is this show going to go ahead? It's been on sale a year and a half now. Surely you couldn't run a stadium show with those sales? They can't have shifted more than 1000 in the whole venue......and those are just the tickets available from Ticketmaster, so a lot of the ones unavailable won't be sold either! 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1E00583CD3B64DEE

Yikes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Having looked at those sales, I'm actually rooting for them quite a lot - it seems like it's now or never really in terms of their future. 

If there's nothing, these shows tank (as the sales are showing they are doing) I think they'll just disappear again. The demand clearly isn't there to see them play live, and if there's no new music I think long-term radio silence will resume. 

As my favourite band I absolutely don't want it to go down this way. Perhaps the adversity might be good for them? 

If they have no intentions to release music I am absolutely rooting for them to fail. Axl deserves the humiliation and disgrace.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If they have no intentions to release music I am absolutely rooting for them to fail. Axl deserves the humiliation and disgrace.

All of them deserve it for being a part of this , especially Slash and Duff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

All of them deserve it for being a part of this , especially Slash and Duff.

In fairness, it's possible they felt Axl was going to actually release the stuff they recorded, not hoard it. They weren't there for the Chinese saga/Ashba years.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

They won't stop though, they'll carry on touring similar to 2011-14. I'm highly surprised they haven't done a Vegas stint. 

No music is coming but I'm certain if we're lucky we might get a new 4tus interview at some point and maybe a new heavily edited 10 second clip on insta captioned g 'n f' n r Black n f'n white. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of Axl saying "we're going to try something here, we've haven't played this since 1992" and then singing Pretty Tied Up to a 30% filled venue with thousands of empty seats is very satisfying, and once again, exactly what he deserves.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I find that GNR tickets don't sell out quickly, but when I go to the concert, the house is full. I think some fans still think Axl will bail or not show up or come on late. That's not the case anymore. 

From the last GNR concerts I've seen, the band is on time and the venue is sold out!

Any GNR concert to me is so worth seeing. They rock everytime. And the songs are still amazing to hear no matter how many times I hear them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Many bands I've seen in the past years, like Poison, Def Leppard and the Crue sing their songs starting from the 80s and no one seems including to mind hearing them. I think if you love a band you'll see how amazing they are live and enjoy it.

Most bands even the ones who have done newer cds, still stick with the old stuff. They know their fans want to hear the greatest hits even more than new stuff.

KISS is the same and no one seems to be bitching that they sing their hits.

If you enjoy GNR then go, if you don't want to hear the songs that made them great and you a fan, then don't bother. I doubt it will bother the other fans nor bother the band if you don't show up.

48 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

So for those of you who have gone for a lot of past shows, if I wait until the week before the show to buy tickets can I get good floor seats at a low price?

I think even if you wait for tickets, the price will be the same. I doubt most bands will lower their prices especially in bigger venues and after last year of no concerts at all.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not rooting for anyone to fail.  If there are enough people willing to pay those prices to see the same show that hasn't changed in the last five years, good on them.  

But I'm certainly not going to be a customer to any of it (though, with living in Canada, I don't have much of a choice).

As I mentioned talking to the mod team yesterday, the only way I'm paying to see GNR again is if two of the three happens:

1) A bare minimum of 2016 GNR calibre vocals from Axl (I'd love AXL/DC or 20010 vocals, but I'd settle for 2016 GNR vocals).

2) A different setlist

3) New music (more than one new song).

If it's going to be the same old show, then I'm out.  That doesn't mean others shouldn't go or that the tour should fail because my own expectations or interests are being met.  But judging from the amount of tickets still on sale, I don't think I'm the only fan looking for something more from the band.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

So for those of you who have gone for a lot of past shows, if I wait until the week before the show to buy tickets can I get good floor seats at a low price?

Not sure about this post-pandemic world, but I remember buying a couple of pit tickets for the Buffalo show a few years ago a few days prior to the show.  Paid full ticket value.  Arrived at the venue to discover they were selling pit tickets for half off.  They also moved anyone who bought tickets for the upper bowl down to the upper bowl.

If you can get a great seat and you're happy with the price, I'd buy now.  But if you're on the fence about going to a show, wait until closer to the date to see if they reduce prices and then see what you can get.  You may even want to show up at the ticket-gate the day of and see what's available on sale.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, downzy said:

Not sure about this post-pandemic world, but I remember buying a couple of pit tickets for the Buffalo show a few years ago a few days prior to the show.  Paid full ticket value.  Arrived at the venue to discover they were selling pit tickets for half off.  They also moved anyone who bought tickets for the upper bowl down to the upper bowl.

If you can get a great seat and you're happy with the price, I'd buy now.  But if you're on the fence about going to a show, wait until closer to the date to see if they reduce prices and then see what you can get.  You may even want to show up at the ticket-gate the day of and see what's available on sale.  

Yeah I'm going to wait and see how Axl sounds, if there's any different songs etc. Maybe by then I'll be ok paying full price for a better seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Holy shit - look at this. Zoom in on the map. 

How on earth is this show going to go ahead? It's been on sale a year and a half now. Surely you couldn't run a stadium show with those sales? They can't have shifted more than 1000 in the whole venue......and those are just the tickets available from Ticketmaster, so a lot of the ones unavailable won't be sold either! 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1E00583CD3B64DEE

More like 6-7000 as far as I can see.

Wouldn't worry too much, many of the 2016 shows looked like this leading up to the dates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spirit said:

More like 6-7000 as far as I can see.

Wouldn't worry too much, many of the 2016 shows looked like this leading up to the dates.

Really? I thought tickets flew pretty fast back then? 

I didn't do an exact count, but gauged it about 1000. Could be wrong of course and it's a bit higher. Either way.....it seems really worrying for a stadium show. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Really? I thought tickets flew pretty fast back then? 

I didn't do an exact count, but gauged it about 1000. Could be wrong of course and it's a bit higher. Either way.....it seems really worrying for a stadium show. 

Yeah, many did sell out quickly. There were also some stadiums looking to become half-capacity on ticketmaster mere days before the show, but come show-day, the stadiums looked packed in all pictures from the show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Draguns said:

On a GNR Facebook group, one guy posted that he saw tickets for $500-$900 in Portland. When I stated that I doubted him due to living in one of the most expensive area in the United States, he posted a link to a third party website. I explained that those websites rip you off and that you either need to go to TicketMaster or Stubhub. 

You would be amazed how many people fall for resale tickets even through Ticketmaster. They are on by default. You have to filter them out while searching. It's a scam.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Really? I thought tickets flew pretty fast back then? 

I didn't do an exact count, but gauged it about 1000. Could be wrong of course and it's a bit higher. Either way.....it seems really worrying for a stadium show. 

A lot of the 2016 shows were this way. It was easy to get tickets for most shows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I find that GNR tickets don't sell out quickly, but when I go to the concert, the house is full. I think some fans still think Axl will bail or not show up or come on late. That's not the case anymore. 

From the last GNR concerts I've seen, the band is on time and the venue is sold out!

Any GNR concert to me is so worth seeing. They rock everytime. And the songs are still amazing to hear no matter how many times I hear them.

A lot of concerts I've been to have been the same way.

 

I remember I went to see Beck & Cage the Elephant a couple years ago and the ticket sales looked dreadful.  Then when I got there it was packed.  A huge crowd.

 

A lot of people wait until closer til the date to nab tickets if not the day of.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...