North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

This has been said many times in the lead-up of many of the NITLT legs...

The results...

This.

Obviously, the touring rakes in enough money for them to continue touring. Naturally, at some point it will not be profitable and they will end touring. That's how it works. As fans, we should just be happy for chances to see the band and not worry as much over how much money they bring in.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

This.

Obviously, the touring rakes in enough money for them to continue touring. Naturally, at some point it will not be profitable and they will end touring. That's how it works. As fans, we should just be happy for chances to see the band and not worry as much over how much money they bring in.

There's no set way to how we should behave "as fans". It's totally acceptable to say we're utterly bored of pricey live shows after five years of the same. Just as it is to say we're not, if that's the case. 

We're the consumer after all - this isn't a charity. We shouldn't be grateful or 'happy' for anything on principle. The band operates as a business. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's no set way to how we should behave "as fans". It's totally acceptable to say we're utterly bored of pricey live shows after five years of the same. Just as it is to say we're not, if that's the case. 

We're the consumer after all - this isn't a charity. We shouldn't be grateful or 'happy' for anything on principle. The band operates as a business. 

No, as fans the fact that the band is touring should take precedence over any worries of whether they make a profit or not. Then I accept that some fans may be overly interested in the economics of the band -- maybe they are studied economics -- and tend to focus on that, but I obviously generalized.

36 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, as fans the fact that the band is touring should take precedence over any worries of whether they make a profit or not. Then I accept that some fans may be overly interested in the economics of the band -- maybe they are studied economics -- and tend to focus on that, but I obviously generalized.

Nah, I’ll feel and react how I want to, not how someone else feels I should.

Axl is a selfish jackass that has consistently let down his fans since 1995. I know it’s been said many times before, but being a fan of this band is akin to being in an abusive relationship where we all keep hoping he will change and give us what we want: new music, better vocals live. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

Nah, I’ll feel and react how I want to, not how someone else feels I should.

Axl is a selfish jackass that has consistently let down his fans since 1995. I know it’s been said many times before, but being a fan of this band is akin to being in an abusive relationship where we all keep hoping he will change and give us what we want: new music, better vocals live. 

This went a little bit beyond what I talked about, but sure, you can feel whatever you feel. 

As far as being in an abusive relationship, I find it quite immature and unreflective to facetiously compare being fans of a band you'd like to be more productive and do better live shows, to the seriousness of abusive relationships. I interpret this as you have little experience with the latter, and for that I am happy. But no, this is not akin to being abused and hopefully you will never get to experience the difference :D

• Like 3

Why should it? Fans can think, say and feel what they like. 

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

This went a little bit beyond what I talked about, but sure, you can feel whatever you feel. 

As far as being in an abusive relationship, I find it quite immature and unreflective to facetiously compare being fans of a band you'd like to be more productive and do better live shows, to the seriousness of abusive relationships. I interpret this as you have little experience with the latter, and for that I am happy. But no, this is not akin to being abused and hopefully you will never get to experience the difference :D

As usual, your interpretation is a swing and a miss. You keep doing you, bud. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Why should it? Fans can think, say and feel what they like. 

I think its kind of what defines being a "fan". But okay, we disagree.

9 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

As usual, your interpretation is a swing and a miss. You keep doing you, bud. 

Huh? You said it was "akin to being in an abusive relationship". I didn't dream it, sadly.

I think its kind of what defines being a "fan". But okay, we disagree.

Huh? You said it was "akin to being in an abusive relationship". I didn't dream it, sadly.

Yeah, clearly. I don't think fans 'should feel' any way in particular. Or be told what they should feel or think. 

The most notable thing to a lot of people about yet another leg of the NITL tour is how poorly it appears to be selling. 

Telling people they shouldn't think about or discuss that is very 'thought-police'. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, clearly. I don't think fans 'should feel' any way in particular. Or be told what they should feel or think. 

The most notable thing to a lot of people about yet another leg of the NITL tour is how poorly it appears to be selling. 

Telling people they shouldn't think about or discuss that is very 'thought-police'. 

But that wasn't my intention at all :) I get that:

"As fans, we should just be happy for chances to see the band and not worry as much over how much money they bring in."

can be understood as me acting as thought-police but it was more intended as a reflection of what it means to be a fan. To me, being a fan means that the predominant feeling when your favorite band is touring, is happiness over it, and not a concern over whether they will earn money or not. But I did follow-up emphasizing that I was generalizing. Right?

Definition of a fan is very broad. Plus, we’re die-hard fans, and that’s quite a different league. We waste our time on forums talking about drums +1 dB, the type of spaghetti on the TSI cover, and Axl’s personal assistant’s son’s Reddit posts. Different league. 

So yes, to each their own; no definitions of what’s right and what’s not needed. 

But that wasn't my intention at all :) I get that:

"As fans, we should just be happy for chances to see the band and not worry as much over how much money they bring in."

can be understood as me acting as thought-police but it was more intended as a reflection of what it means to be a fan. To me, being a fan means that the predominant feeling when your favorite band is touring, is happiness over it, and not a concern over whether they will earn money or not. But I did follow-up emphasizing that I was generalizing. Right?

Sure - got you. That's your feeling. I'd love to feel happy about the band touring again, genuinely. I'd like this band to excite me again, as they have done throughout my life. 

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sure - got you. That's your feeling. I'd love to feel happy about the band touring again, genuinely. I'd like this band to excite me again, as they have done throughout my life. 

I get that. It is not much to objectively be excited about now, I agree. And for all us fans, and we all are, there comes a time when we get a bit indifferent to it all - same old, same old. And I am like that, too. Still, with all these disclaimers, I think the normal sort of expectations of how a fan would react -- without meaning this as an implication that if you don't, you aren't a fan -- when their band decides to tour, is some level of happiness over that, and when it mostly seemed to delve into discussions over profitability it made me reflect a bit. 

If I am allowed to correct myself a bit: I guess this is all just a reflection over how fed up we as fans are over the monotony of our existence, not an indication that we aren't fans... kind of like what Jamillos said above. Still, it is still strange to see it happening on a band's largest fan site. Cause of concern for Guns N' Roses...perhaps... or in a more ideal world.

I get that. It is not much to objectively be excited about now, I agree. And for all us fans, and we all are, there comes a time when we get a bit indifferent to it all - same old, same old. And I am like that, too. Still, with all these disclaimers, I think the normal sort of expectations of how a fan would react -- without meaning this as an implication that if you don't, you aren't a fan -- when their band decides to tour, is some level of happiness over that, and when it mostly seemed to delve into discussions over profitability it made me reflect a bit. 

If I am allowed to correct myself a bit: I guess this is all just a reflection over how fed up we as fans are over the monotony of our existence, not an indication that we aren't fans... kind of like what Jamillos said above. Still, it is still strange to see it happening on a band's largest fan site. Cause of concern for Guns N' Roses...perhaps... or in a more ideal world.

Yeah I get you totally - it's definitely a very sad reflection on things that people aren't excited by touring anymore. 

Fans SHOULD really be excited by new live shows, and there's a problem if they're not, absolutely. Think I got my wires crossed a bit and that  you were saying people were wrong to not be excited. 

Taking a very broad analogy - it's like no-one wanting Coca-Cola anymore, and that being a problem as the people wanting it before SHOULD carry on wanting it. 

• Like 1

😂 

So let me get this straight:

if GN'R tours and it's successful, then the people get to point out how popular GN'R is. 

But if ticket sales are so dismal that they had to reduce the tour to arenas, then fans should just shut up and he happy they're touring at all? 

I'm curious where the ridiculous "they had to do arenas last time because it was cold in one part of the US" agurment stands now too, seeing as it's hot all over the US for the coming months, yet they're doing a lot of arenas. 

Also, I don't know any fans or forum members who are "worried" about whether a GN'R tour fails financially or not. The only thing I know of is fans disappointed that a band they want to love keeps giving them nothing but the absolute bare minimum. 

• Like 3

I am no GNR defender, but aren't site maps pretty misleading? I remember we were all freaking out in 2016 because of empty seats. The Detroit show looked like it would have no one there then come show time it was pretty packed. A few shows had an undersold upper-bowl but it wasn't anything too bad from what I remember. Ticketmaster/Live Nation plays shitty games now where they withhold blocks and sections, resell tickets under the guise of "premium seats", some go straight to third party sites and corporate shit, etc. I'm not saying GNR is bombing, it just seems a bit like dejavu to me. Either way, I am going to buy tickets the day of the show or so like I did in 2017. They played an arena last time they were in Detroit and cheaper seats were hard to come by until the week of the show they released more. Go figure.

• Like 1