North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

I think it is absolutely amazing how someone who is so fat that it ruins people's concert experience and on top of that can't sing, still manages to draw thousands of people to his show year after year, for show after show, and who seemingly for the most part leave the shows happy and content. Just fucking amazing. That's some hell of a promotion they got going to make people pay good money to watch a fat person not sing. Kudos to Axl for pulling off that trick. Much respect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think it is absolutely amazing how someone who is so fat that it ruins people's concert experience and on top of that can't sing, still manages to draw thousands of people to his show year after year, for show after show, and who seemingly for the most part leave the shows happy and content. Just fucking amazing. That's some hell of a promotion they got going to make people pay good money to watch a fat person not sing. Kudos to Axl for pulling off that trick. Much respect. 

Up until you mentioned Axl by name at the end, I just assumed you were talking about Vince Neil. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Up until you mentioned Axl by name at the end, I just assumed you were talking about Vince Neil. 

OH and for the record, it's the "positive" people who keep bringing up Axl's weight in this thread. None of the "negative" people have mentioned that at all. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Nah, that’s just not accurate. He does sound varying degrees of terrible during his live performances, his voice is just very dynamic and the songs are so memorable that he gets a free pass. It’s not enjoyable to hear him sing. I think the nostalgia and mystique is just so strong. Realistically he is seemingly always unprepared for the rigors of performing at an acceptable level. Few other artists in the known universe could get away with his level of mediocrity. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

OH and for the record, it's the "positive" people who keep bringing up Axl's weight in this thread. None of the "negative" people have mentioned that at all. 

It is? Some positive fatshaming, then. Cool, never thought that was even possible.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Nah, that’s just not accurate. He does sound varying degrees of terrible during his live performances, his voice is just very dynamic and the songs are so memorable that he gets a free pass. It’s not enjoyable to hear him sing. I think the nostalgia and mystique is just so strong. Realistically he is seemingly always unprepared for the rigors of performing at an acceptable level. Few other artists in the known universe could get away with his level of mediocrity. 

What is not accurate? That people on this forum say he can't sing (some do, and that's sort of what my satirical post started off from), or that he can't sing (to which I would disagree keeping Axl/DC and 2016 shows fresh in mind, and also all those songs that he still does really well). Don't get me wrong, his voice, especially towards the end of the last tour was...awkward at times and very far from how it was in the 80s. His glory days are over. But stating that he can't sing any more is just...funny.

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What is not accurate? That people on this forum say he can't sing (some do, and that's sort of what my satirical post started off from), or that he can't sing (to which I would disagree keeping Axl/DC and 2016 shows fresh in mind, and also all those songs that he still does really well). Don't get me wrong, his voice, especially towards the end of the last tour was...awkward at times and very far from how it was in the 80s. His glory days are over. But stating that he can't sing any more is just...funny.

Axl can still sing phenomenally. Just not for GnR apparently. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Reasons like this are why I visit this board so little.  The constant negativity is just so draining.  You win, you clearly know more than live nation, the promoters, the people who book shows at the venues, anybody associated with the band. Congratulations.  

It's really a shame this is the most active GnR board out there because it's absolutely the most draining.  The constant cloud of negativity hanging over this place just gets so tiring so quickly.  It's just sad because this place has an active community and it should be fun to come here and talk about the band and the tour and whatnot, but it's just so draining because of arguments like this. 

I've pointed this out many times on here and it's not been appreciated by moderators.

Personally I don't mind people being critical or negative. I get it. It's fair. I even agree with some of the criticism. 

What is annoying, though, is that there are a handful of posters on here who feel the need to repeat the exact same complaint in every thread. It's annoying and fascinating at the same time. You can't help but wonder... do they have amnesia and have they simply forgot that they have said this already a hundred times before? Or do they simply have too much free time and they're so disappointed with a rock n roll band that they need to take it out on a fan forum on a daily basis? I really don't know! 

But anyway, I've put some of them on ignore and it really does make this section more pleasant not having to scroll through the same old complaints by the same old posters every time. So that would be my advice.

• Like 1

There's a great irony to the internet when people complain about people who complain. I wouldn't limit that to here as you see it constantly on social media as well. It goes both ways. If people who voice their negative opinions is truly that bothersome then nobody is forcing anybody to continue visiting the forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, James Bond said:

There's a great irony to the internet when people complain about people who complain. I wouldn't limit that to here as you see it constantly on social media as well. It goes both ways. If people who voice their negative opinions is truly that bothersome then nobody is forcing anybody to continue visiting the forum.

I don't think many people mind the fact that people are disappointed with GnR and therefore rather negative on here. But when people keep repeating themselves with the same negativity all the time, it doesn't make this fan forum any more pleasant to read. That's why my advice is for anyone else who doesn't like scrolling through the same old shit... use that block function!

Edited by EvanG

16 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

I missed the point of the argument. The venues they are playing are baseball stadiums, which hold 30-40k less people than NFL stadiums. My point in saying that is it’s not crazy to think the band can sale tickets to these venues. Wrigley and Fenway will have no issues selling tickets. There is no evidence to support the band had to book arenas because of poor sales. The Arlington baseball park is booked on September 1st, so maybe the band just couldn’t book that venue. 

im not so sure at this pt - when Wrigley was originally announced i bought tix immediately thinking quick sellout, i was way wrong - tons of tix were avail (then the world ended and thankfully got a refund).  Now with the everyone clamoring for shows, there are still prime seats available all over the ballpark; floor, lowers, you name it.  i think they've priced themselves out of the market.

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly this. 

What's funny is that the people who are considered "negative" usually just make fact based posts without the need to attempt insulting others. 

However, the posters who've deemed themselves the positive ones and/or "real fans" always resort to insults without fail. 

Over the course of the past week alone, here's what most of the discourse has looked:

"Negative" fans-

"Here's why I'm disappointed in GN'R and probably won't go to this tour, but I'm happy for those going and hope they have a good time" 

"Positive" fans-

"No, you're wrong for being disappointed in GN'R. On top of that, there must be something seriously wrong with your life and/or mental state for saying so" 

Also, the whole "they (the negative people) only come here and post the same thing over and over" argument is rich coming from fans claiming that it's acceptable for GN'R to do the same things over and over, year after year and fans should not only accept it but praise it. 

I concur. It only adds to the derailment of threads when the so called "negative posters" are just constantly called out for not being true fans (whatever that means), or having their mental state called into question simply because they don't share the same enthusiasm of the band.

The whole "why bother posting if you don't have anything nice to say" logic is deeply flawed because the alternative statement is equally true. If what total strangers on the Internet say is so bothersome, why come here if you don't like it?

I personally don't think Axl sounds good and won't be going again until he makes a change or there's new music. I'd love to be wrong on that front. But, in the meantime that's my opinion. I just can't wrap my ahead around why someone would be so bothered by that. If they are fine with the way Axl sounds and have tickets to a show - like you said - go and have fun! I don't see why the opinion of someone on the forum would stop me from having a good time.

19 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't think many people mind the fact that people are disappointed with GnR and therefore rather negative on here. But when people keep repeating themselves with the same negativity all the time, it doesn't make this fan forum any more pleasant to read. That's why my advice is for anyone else who doesn't like scrolling through the same old shit... use that block function!

I should note that that wasn't directed at you in particular because you're right - use the block function since that's what it for - but just the general discourse of the thread/forum.

• Like 2

One thing I forgot to add - its reminiscent of the people who do nothing on Facebook but complain about what they read on Facebook. I have friends who do this and I always politely remind them that they don't have to go on Facebook or respond to people. Alternatively, if they like Facebook they can just scroll on by the opinions they don't like and ignore them.

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

But, in the meantime that's my opinion. I just can't wrap my ahead around why someone would be so bothered by that. If they are fine with the way Axl sounds and have tickets to a show - like you said - go and have fun! I don't see why the opinion of someone on the forum would stop me from having a good time.

Who on here is bothered by that, though? I think the ''positive'' fans aren't debating someone's opinion. That wouldn't make sense anyway. Personally I respect anyone who doesn't like GnR anymore for whatever reason. I don't like everything about them either. I don't see why I would care about someone elses opinion. I haven't seen the more ''positive'' fans here doing that either, unless you can point me to an example?

2 minutes ago, Mega_Music said:

Are Pit tickets seriously over $500!!! Was looking at Columbus tickets today!!! What a fucking cash grab! 

“Platinum” ones are. Standard ones $225-330 were/are available at venues in varying degrees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

Over 500$ for THAT? How can anybody, anywhere, not be negative about shit like that?! For a lot of folks money is tighter than ever because of the fucking pandemic and they have the nerve to....nevermind, whatever. 

That’s just Ticketmaster cashing in early. Ticket prices always level out. For as big as this band is there is never huge demand for a show. 

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I've pointed this out many times on here and it's not been appreciated by moderators.

Personally I don't mind people being critical or negative. I get it. It's fair. I even agree with some of the criticism. 

What is annoying, though, is that there are a handful of posters on here who feel the need to repeat the exact same complaint in every thread. It's annoying and fascinating at the same time. You can't help but wonder... do they have amnesia and have they simply forgot that they have said this already a hundred times before? Or do they simply have too much free time and they're so disappointed with a rock n roll band that they need to take it out on a fan forum on a daily basis? I really don't know! 

But anyway, I've put some of them on ignore and it really does make this section more pleasant not having to scroll through the same old complaints by the same old posters every time. So that would be my advice.

The funny thing is I never told anybody to not be negative or not to complain or whatever, people are free to do what they want to do, I just pointed out that the constant negativity makes this message board a drag, which I think is unfortunate.  I like most of the people here, I know they like the band, but it just becomes so draining coming here sometimes.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Who on here is bothered by that, though? I think the ''positive'' fans aren't debating someone's opinion. That wouldn't make sense anyway. Personally I respect anyone who doesn't like GnR anymore for whatever reason. I don't like everything about them either. I don't see why I would care about someone elses opinion. I haven't seen the more ''positive'' fans here doing that either, unless you can point me to an example?

If you don't care about someone else's opinion then why block them? Mind you, I'm not criticizing your use of that feature - that's what it's for. But then to say you don't care? Clearly the ones who are bothered by the negative opinions care just enough to be brought down by them. That's the part I don't understand and the point I was getting at. People calling this forum a drag, a negative space, etc... Nobody is forcing you to post here or read here.

The examples are all over this thread. One user in particular seems to keep suggesting that those with a negative opinion are mentally unstable because they post said negative opinion on a discussion board. That seems like a debate to me.

The "they only come here to spread negativity" mentality being paraded about is flawed. I'm pretty negative about the band these days, but I come here to talk about Guns N' Roses. If my opinion is negative, then so be it.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

For you all complaining about the prices of tickets....as always and with anything.  If the prices are too high for you, you simply do not have to go.  You can always buy a cheaper ticket....or not go at all.  You can make a choice you know good grief.  There are people apparently willing to pay that much for a ticket, if not they won't sell.  It is very simple.  You can also try waiting to see if ticket prices drop, that has happened for some shows in the past as well, but no guarantee the ticket you want or any prices will drop, but they may.  Guess why?  Because people didn't buy them at the higher price point.  Ticket prices are not based on what you can afford unfortunately, they are based on what the band and/or promoter feel they can sell them for.  It's a very simple concept. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Tell you what really is boring- the handful of posters who may/may not be the same users using different aliases and may/may not just be trolling, constantly telling people the board is awful and that people are negative. 

I'd say that's far more of a waste of their time than any fans discussing how their favourite band might not be getting things right all the time.....

This board is way, WAY more positive than other places online and (heaven forbid!) the real world. 

Perhaps if it isn't positive enough though they could create their own board with a zero tolerance policy on anything not 100 per cent praise, rather than incessantly complaining about this one? Pretty easy to do, and they could live in a happy little bubble of bliss, without having to deal with views they seem to dislike so much? 

Alternatively, they could stop leaping on each and every comment they perceive as not being positive enough in their bizaare pissing contest of trying to be 'the biggest fan', because most of us don't give a flying fuck and just fancy being able to share thoughts and views without being told we're not fans, we're losers, we're sad people, we're lonely, or we're mentally unwell. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, allwaystired said:

If people want to see the same show over and over, with each time not being as good as the time before....have at it. I genuinely hope you get something out of it. 

Personally I wish they'd do something different and exciting, but there's no shortage of ways to spend my (limited) money if GNR don't want it at the moment! 

On 6/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, EvanG said:

Of course they are. If you roam around here a lot you might think that everyone feels the same way, but fortunately that is not true. Many casual, but also diehard fans, are still happy to attend a show and have a great day out and aren't as concerned about the lack of new music, Axl's voice, or whatever, as a lot of folks on here.

As long as GNR come to Dallas I will be there!  Never get tired of hearing any GNR songs over and over again. This band rocks.

I got my tickets to the Dallas show today. Got very good seats too.

Since all GNR songs and the covers they perform rock, I don't mind seeing or hearing them over and over again. GNR are super exciting and put their 110% forward every show I've seen.

I doubt any fan would be disappointed in seeing GNR. I know my family and I love it!

• Like 2