North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

38 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

My comparison for quality is the other acts charging the same prices. I don't feel that I get as much of a quality product from gnr. I get more content, but less quality. You can call it minor, but these are the criteria that a lot of people, the world over use to assess good vs bad.

Again, it is per definition a minor thing to all those who aren't bothered by it - and considering that GN'R tours have been drawing huge crowds for many years, there are obviously many people who considers it minor.

44 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I do agree with one point. If there is someone excited to see gnr, they probably are a little shy about sharing that here. And that's BS, if you want to go and you enjoy it then fuck everybody else, including me 😄 I'm not saying I'll never support gnr again either, I just need a bit of a fill up on the aul enthusiasm tank. 

And I agree with this. Although there is a lot of complaining here and an attitude of "don't pay for these show, you enable the band" and "anybody who enjoys this is stupid", people who post about attending shows and about being excited, are not shot down, and a guy like @RussTCB is good at stating he is happy for others and share in with their enjoyment. That's cool. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again, it is per definition a minor thing to all those who aren't bothered by it - and considering that GN'R tours have been drawing huge crowds for many years, there are obviously many people who considers it minor.

The reason people continue to buy tickets is that they are completely unaware of what GNR present day sound like. They hear the advert on radio and buy a ticket, they don't go to many shows, they drink some beers go with their friends, don't pay much attention until the hit they like comes on and then they probably leave a bit early. If we're being honest that's a large percentage of a GNR crowd. It is in Ireland at least. Then there are fans like us, and then there's the middle section of music fans who sit back, listen without bias and say "they sound rough, i'd be hesitant to go see them again".

It's no coincidence that Axls perfromance levels and the bands repetitive set has also correlated with the drop in number of tickets being sold since 2018. They still sell a lot of tickets, nobody argues this and clearly there are people who don't care what the band sounds like, equally there are many people who would not go again because the band sounded rough. I know plenty of people who saw GNR in Slane, and said they'd be very hesitant to see them again because Axl was so weak, this was their first GNR show. Not massive fans. you can't just write off that side of things. Maybe they are a small number? I think it all adds up and eventually you have the situation where the band are now playing a combo of stadiums and arenas.... because sales aren't where they were.

51 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Sigh... you really should have read the conversation more thoroughly. I clearly said posters who ''repeat themselves silly'', that's what the discussion is about and it's mentioned in almost every post I made in this conversation. I also clearly said ''And I'm not talking about fair criticism''. 

I also said clearly ''Or is it something else? '' because I suppose there can be many reasons for it, and I was curious about it.

This is why there are so many pointless discussions online, people don't even bother to read posts and understand what the conversation is actually about.

Let's cut this bullshit now please.

Repetition of complaints is important, maybe it annoys you? that's ok, ignore it!

I get what you're saying, there are a minority of people who say the same thing week in and out, and some of it is negative... but this is probably the 3rd time I've seen you arguing about those members, so you're basically doing the same thing. Maybe you touched on this in an older post? I'm not going back through a 57 page thread to find that paragraph. 

Anyway! like you said, cut it here!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I get what you're saying, there are a minority of people who say the same thing week in and out, and some of it is negative... but this is probably the 3rd time I've seen you arguing about those members, so you're basically doing the same thing. Maybe you touched on this in an older post? I'm not going back through a 57 page thread to find that paragraph. 

Anyway! like you said, cut it here!

But you're wrong again, dude! I put all those posters already on ignore ages ago! I wasn't arguing with them because I don't see their posts anymore. Now I was having a conversation with another poster and the discussion happened to lead towards this topic because of something he said. It wasn't even an argument. Not to be a wise-ass, but if you join a conversation on here, make sure you get the facts straight! 

Edited by EvanG

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The reason people continue to buy tickets is that they are completely unaware of what GNR present day sound like.

I was talking about people leaving the shows satisfied.

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's no coincidence that Axls perfromance levels and the bands repetitive set has also correlated with the drop in number of tickets being sold since 2018. 

Without ruling any of that out, I think the main explanation is market saturation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Not massive fans. you can't just write off that side of things.

I am not writing off anything. I am not denying that some people don't like Axl's singing ;). I am pointing out that some don't have a problem with it, and for most people attending the show it is a minor thing. 

16 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think it all adds up and eventually you have the situation where the band are now playing a combo of stadiums and arenas.... because sales aren't where they were.

Sales are what they are for a multitude of reasons. As I stated above, I think market saturations is the main factor. Then comes things like -- and not in a prioritized order -- the economy, ticket prices, Covid-19 still influencing, waning popularity of the band, Axl not being sexy anymore, Slash's playing boring people, Axl singing poorly, and many others. 

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

So what setlist would people like to see for the upcoming tour?

Might see some more UYI songs thrown in the mix?

Less covers, less solos, shorter RQ, shorter KOHD, some UYI „deepcuts“ like PTU, Bad Obsession, Dust N Bones with Duff on vocals, YATF acoustic version.  Better and YCBM need to go, they just sound atrocious.

Perfect Crime was on the setlist Alternate songs during 2016 I think, but I doubt that Axl could pull it off, same goes for RNDTH, Don’t damn me and Garden of Eden. 

I hope for Hardschool and maybe another „new“ song.

If most those things happen, along with Axl sounding at least bearable, I’d probably buy tickets for Europe next year 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

But you're wrong again, dude! I put all those posters already on ignore ages ago! I wasn't arguing with them because I don't see their posts anymore. Now I was having a conversation with another poster and the discussion happened to lead towards this topic because of something he said. It wasn't even an argument. Not to be a wise-ass, but if you join a conversation on here, make sure you get the facts straight! 

The fact is that you put out two theories, I responded to one that was so hilarious I couldn't not call you on it. I don't need to read all your comments to have an opinion on one portion of one comment.

• Wow 1

Just now, Tom2112 said:

The fact is that you put out two theories, I responded to one that was so hilarious I couldn't not call you on it. I don't need to read all your comments to have an opinion on one portion of one comment.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. You don't understand what the conversation was about and made a comment about something I never even said. Just read back. Also, I didn't start the positive vs. negative posters discussion on these last few pages, but I did react when the sentiment was made that positive posters criticize the negative posters for giving their opinion, because I don't think this is true. And while having a conversation with said poster who made that sentiment, it led towards the other topic and then you butted in with something I didn't even say.

But anyway, this is getting a bit confusing and boring, so let us leave it at that... (again)

35 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. You don't understand what the conversation was about and made a comment about something I never even said. Just read back. Also, I didn't start the positive vs. negative posters discussion on these last few pages, but I did react when the sentiment was made that positive posters criticize the negative posters for giving their opinion, because I don't think this is true. And while having a conversation with said poster who made that sentiment, it led towards the other topic and then you butted in with something I didn't even say.

But anyway, this is getting a bit confusing and boring, so let us leave it at that... (again)

"this is getting a bit confusing and boring, so let us leave it at that" this sums it up. But yeah...👍

• Like 1

Since we're stating facts, I'll throw this out there again:

The "negative" people on this forum have done nothing but say "this tour isn't for me and here's why, but I hope you have fun if you're going" 

The "positive" people have responded by attempting to continually insult everyone else. Up to and including saying that people must not have a happy life or might even have mental issues because they have a different opinion on a GN'R tour. 

Those are facts. You can take a look at the last several pages of the thread for proof. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Since we're stating facts, I'll throw this out there again:

The "negative" people on this forum have done nothing but say "this tour isn't for me and here's why, but I hope you have fun if you're going" 

The "positive" people have responded by attempting to continually insult everyone else. Up to and including saying that people must not have a happy life or might even have mental issues because they have a different opinion on a GN'R tour. 

Those are facts. You can take a look at the last several pages of the thread for proof. 

As far as I've followed this thread, this is true for most of the "negative people." There have been some fewer posts, however (some with several "likes") by people saying they're rooting for the tour to fail because the band deserves it since it hasn't released music etc.

I think everyone has the right to feel how they feel and I'm not passing judgements on any group of people, "positive" or "negative" (I also don't have time to participate in this debate right now). I'm just pointing this out for the accuracy of the facts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

As far as I've followed this thread, this is true for most of the "negative people." There have been some fewer posts, however (some with several "likes") by people saying they're rooting for the tour to fail because the band deserves it since it hasn't released music etc.

I think everyone has the right to feel how they feel and I'm not passing judgements on any group of people, "positive" or "negative" (I also don't have time to participate in this debate right now). I'm just pointing this out for the accuracy of the facts.

This started the conversation for me in this discussion. I don't read every post and thread on here, but I haven't seen many ''positive'' posters react negatively to the ''negative'' posters. If someone comes on here and gives fair criticism, it's a valid opinion, and no point arguing over.

But I also agree with Bitchisback who said he doesn't come here often anymore because the constant negativity can be draining. Again, I'm not talking about fair criticism. Before I started to put some of the posters who are very repetitive in their complaining on a daily basis on ignore, I experienced this too. So I gave the advice to anyone else who experiences this, to simply use the block feature, because it does help.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I'm waiting for Bad Obsession. Axl can sound REALLY good on that one if he chooses to use his Brownstone & Seeker voice.

There's several songs he could sound good on, if he properly rehearsed them.

It won't happen, but it'd be great if they dropped these songs:

Better, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Shadow Of Your Love, Civil War, Black Hole Sun, Don't Cry

and replaced them with:

Pretty Tied Up, Hardschool, Bad Obsession, Down On The Farm, You Ain't The First, The Garden, Marseilles, Don't Cry (Alt lyrics)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Better, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Shadow Of Your Love, Civil War, Black Hole Sun, Don't Cry

and replaced them with:

Pretty Tied Up, Hardschool, Bad Obsession, Down On The Farm, You Ain't The First, The Garden, Marseilles, Don't Cry (Alt lyrics)

I agree for the most part, but I still love hearing Slash on Civil War. That outro is fire :headbang:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Guilty as charged. I stand by every word.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, many people have said they hope the band fails. They have every right to feel that way. It certainly doesn't mean they have an unhappy life or a mental illness. It just means they've reached their limit of GN'R hitting the lowest bar possible and somehow getting rewarded for it. 

• Like 4

Just to add to what Evan and Bitchisback is saying, I do see the same people complaining about the same thing. Some of it is valid and some of it isn't. I'm at the point where I'm tired of arguing both on here and Facebook. I don't have the time nor energy. I have other important things to be more focused on such as work, graduate school, family ( taking care of my mother who may have dementia),  seeing close friends, and trying to find a  girlfriend/wife.  I just want to enjoy a discussion on my favorite band. 

Anyway, it's my lunch break from class. I have to do a few things before 1pm. 

• Like 2

One more thing:

For many of us, GN'R was absolutely our favorite band for years, sometimes decades. We're not the ones that put GN'R in the state they're in today. 

Most or all of what's perceived as negativity is actually just disappointment and disbelief that a band that could have been so great has end up so poorly. 

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

and replaced them with:

I know Axl doesn't sound too good on it, but I'd hate for them to drop RQ.  I just wish they'd cut down the extended instrumental middle.  It's not it's lets Axl rest his voice so he can kill it on the ending!

Same on Civil War.  The song is awesome and doesn't need a great vocal. 

Definitely agree with some of those replacements that fit Axl's current vocal condition much better.

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I'm waiting for Bad Obsession. Axl can sound REALLY good on that one if he chooses to use his Brownstone & Seeker voice.

Bad Obsession would be great! 

I would hate to see Civil War dropped.  I don't think Axl sounds that bad on it (albeit it's not the song he sounds best on) and I think it's one of their top 5 songs. 

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I know Axl doesn't sound too good on it, but I'd hate for them to drop RQ.  I just wish they'd cut down the extended instrumental middle.  It's not it's lets Axl rest his voice so he can kill it on the ending!

Same on Civil War.  The song is awesome and doesn't need a great vocal. 

Definitely agree with some of those replacements that fit Axl's current vocal condition much better.

RQ and Civil War are great songs but they haven't sounded great live for a while, I'd rather hear a solid performance of a 'good' song like Bad Obsession than a subpar performance of a great song. They'll never drop stuff like SCOM, NR or KOHD but it would be a nice change of pace to drop a few other hits and play some more deeps cuts.

22 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Bad Obsession would be great! 

I would hate to see Civil War dropped.  I don't think Axl sounds that bad on it (albeit it's not the song he sounds best on) and I think it's one of their top 5 songs. 

They cant get rid of civil war and a few  of the other must haves on the setlist but they could make them shorter and cut the amount of bloat on some of the songs (rq, civil war, kohd, nr). 

Agree bad obsession would be good to see live.