North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

Just now, vloors said:

They cant get rid of civil war and a few  of the other must haves on the setlist but they could make them shorter and cut the amount of bloat on some of the songs (rq, civil war, kohd, nr). 

Agree bad obsession would be good to see live. 

They really go OTT on Rocket Queen these days. There's just no need for all that wankery in the middle. Talk about self indulgent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yes, many people have said they hope the band fails. They have every right to feel that way. It certainly doesn't mean they have an unhappy life or a mental illness. It just means they've reached their limit of GN'R hitting the lowest bar possible and somehow getting rewarded for it. 

This.

I am rooting for their tour to fail. I know it won't and they'll always be a large and lucrative market for classic rock nostalgia, but I can't pretend I wouldn't be happy to see half filled venues and the band being forced to scale back on future tours due to dwindling interest. I wish this on them because they need an impetus to change. The bottom line might be the only thing that motivates them (or lets face it, Axl) to actually get off their asses and actually function like a proper band, releasing new music etc.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vloors said:

They cant get rid of civil war and a few  of the other must haves on the setlist but they could make them shorter and cut the amount of bloat on some of the songs (rq, civil war, kohd, nr). 

Agree bad obsession would be good to see live. 

They absolutely can cut some of those. The fact that they would rotate between Patience and Dont Cry is proof you don’t HAVE to play RQ, CW, KOHD. Plenty of bands don’t play every single hit they have, GnR chooses (for better or worse) to play almost every hit. There may be people who are slightly disappointed; but you can’t please everyone. IMO, WTTJ, SCOM and PC are the only untouchables.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stryker said:

They absolutely can cut some of those. The fact that they would rotate between Patience and Dont Cry is proof you don’t HAVE to play RQ, CW, KOHD. Plenty of bands don’t play every single hit they have, GnR chooses (for better or worse) to play almost every hit. There may be people who are slightly disappointed; but you can’t please everyone. IMO, WTTJ, SCOM and PC are the only untouchables.

Completely agree! They went 18 years without playing CW after all. Might as well skip it for a few shows here and there if it’s needed to make room for new stuff (couldn’t even type that with a straight face lol).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Given the state of the vocals, do you think the shows would be better without the screens graphics and pyro?? Maybe it would be a little more of a raw atmosphere. The skeletons, trains etc are silly. 

Yeah I’ve always hated that kinda stuff. I miss the simplicity of the UYI shows. No weird graphics and minimal pyro. But alas, we live in a different world now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ratam said:

This

Yet when I go to the concert the venue is sold out and the fans go nuts!

It won't fail because it's GNR!

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

Not Civil War because the state of the world is worse than when GNR wrote this song. Same with WTTJ. Different decade, but worse world.

42 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Click tracks and Pyro don't pair well with Guns N' Roses.... The big screens are cool when they are showing the band members and not the cheesy 90's screen savers...

Agreed. The screens should only show the band members during the songs, and the bullet logo or something between songs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I never would wish anybody fail, neither GNR.

GNR has die hard fans even when Axl had the other version of the band. Once Axl hit the stage the place went nuts. Now with Duff and Slash it's crazy and we fans love it.

GNR will do okay. I'm sure most bands will do well since we've had no concerts for over a year. We need our rock music and 2 to 3 hours of forgetting how fucked up the world is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

The bottom line might be the only thing that motivates them (or lets face it, Axl) to actually get off their asses and actually function like a proper band, releasing new music etc.

They never functioned like a proper band. Sure they used to release music. But we got few albums between 1987 and 93, and one it's just a covers album. Needless to say CD took 10 years in the making. They are not going to change now. We shouldn't expect  a huge change even if the tour is a failure. I'm not going to any show unless they change the set list. Or they do an AFD line up reunion.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Padme said:

Needless to say CD took 10 years in the making. They are not going to change now. 

All indicators point to at least two albums worth of completed material coming out of the CD era, though of course most of us only heard one.

2 hours ago, Stryker said:

November Rain has 1.6 billion YouTube views compared to 1.2 for SCOM. They won't be skipping that. Sometimes I forget that the hardcores are such a small part of the stadium crowd. I'd be surprised if there's more than a couple thousand at each show hoping for a song like Breakdown or Catcher. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

November Rain has 1.6 billion YouTube views compared to 1.2 for SCOM. They won't be skipping that. Sometimes I forget that the hardcores are such a small part of the stadium crowd. I'd be surprised if there's more than a couple thousand at each show hoping for a song like Breakdown or Catcher. 

Ya, guess you can loop NR on it. To be fair, NR is a great music video and SCOM is less interesting, so YouTube will skew in NR’s favor. On Spotify SCOM is showing almost double the amount of listens as NR.

I believe you are correct about there being only a minority of people hoping for a deep cut.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

The other reason I'd call NR a "must play" is it's sort of Axl's centerpiece song with his piano solo and playing piano on the song of course. It's a chance for him to show off his piano chops and it's sort of an "event" in the scope of a gig. But yeah, those three from AFD and NR are all I think need to be played at every gig. 

• Like 3