North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

20 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

both Mick and Tommy save the Crue. I've seen them so many times and each time Vince gets worse and worse. He's overweight and drinks way too much. When their latest tour was announced Vince said he would get in better shape because a stadium tour takes a lot more energy to pull off. It's been 2 years and from the pictures I've seen of Vince he hasn't done a thing to better himself. By the time the Crue concert does happen next year will he still be fucked up. This guy can get a personal trainer and eat better, but I guess he figures Crue fans will show. Yeah, true, but if he can't pull off this tour, we will be disappointed yet again.

I am getting a refund for the postponed show next year and put it towards my GNR tickets. No one comes before GNR for me.

If I see Vince trying to get in shape by next year, I'll see if I want to see this concert.  I know getting older sucks, but you are a professtional singer in an amazing rock band, so put up or don't embarass your self and the band.

And even if Axl doesn't sound like he did when he was younger, the guy gives 110% and still rocks on stage. He's a professional singer and amazing frontman no matter what. At least Axl puts in the effort and doesn't point the mic towards the crowd half way through a song like Vince does. 

110% might be the figures for the entire tour😉 but seriously Axl is better than Vince, but it's a slippery slope and they aren't that far apart. 

I don't think axl needs to sound like a 30yr old, instead just a whatever age he is now that sounds as good as that can be. I think 2016 is a good example of what he could be on a continuous basis.

Well, I can't not go see my favorite band when they're in town. However, the Wrigley date has once again been rescheduled, this time to Sept. 16. I already have Riot Fest admission for a pre-show on Sept 16. There was no extra cost involved with RF. It was simply an added bonus for folks who rolled over their 2020 festival tickets versus requesting a refund.

I have until the end of June to request a full refund for Guns. I am waiting till the last possible moment to request a refund, hoping that Riot Fest will announce who will be performing on Sept. 16. This way I can make a more educated choice on whether to skip Wrigley Field or not. It would gut me to miss out on GNR in my hometown, but I can always catch them elsewhere earlier in the tour.

To join in on the discussion: I think ticket sales aren't what you'd normally expect for a myriad of reasons.

1, There is a ton of competition right now with more and more artists announcing tours. There will be conflicts, and there will be people who choose to allocate their funds elsewhere since it seems like almost everyone is hitting the road.

2, GNR tickets are really goddamn expensive. People are gonna think twice paying $250 for a show they've already seen vs paying less than $200 for a three-day music festival, for example. If GNR priced their tickets cheaper, obviously they'd move way more of them.

3, Lack of new music and the feeling of sameness.

4. Some people are still too nervous to go to full-capacity venues.

Edited by GnR Chris

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Do you get mad when people in front of you are standing the entire time though? Because I don't sit at all during concerts. And when others are all sitting, it sort of ruins the energy. Especially when you can hear people chattering throughout the entire show. I much prefer being as close as possible because of this.

This is funny. I went to see GNR in OKC in 2019. I never sit either. But I was in the cheap seats so everybody up there sits down. Half way thru It’s So Easy ice gets thrown at me. I tell security I’m being hassled and security takes me to the ADA section on the 100 level. 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

both Mick and Tommy save the Crue. I've seen them so many times and each time Vince gets worse and worse. He's overweight and drinks way too much. When their latest tour was announced Vince said he would get in better shape because a stadium tour takes a lot more energy to pull off. It's been 2 years and from the pictures I've seen of Vince he hasn't done a thing to better himself. By the time the Crue concert does happen next year will he still be fucked up. This guy can get a personal trainer and eat better, but I guess he figures Crue fans will show. Yeah, true, but if he can't pull off this tour, we will be disappointed yet again.

I am getting a refund for the postponed show next year and put it towards my GNR tickets. No one comes before GNR for me.

If I see Vince trying to get in shape by next year, I'll see if I want to see this concert.  I know getting older sucks, but you are a professtional singer in an amazing rock band, so put up or don't embarass your self and the band.

And even if Axl doesn't sound like he did when he was younger, the guy gives 110% and still rocks on stage. He's a professional singer and amazing frontman no matter what. At least Axl puts in the effort and doesn't point the mic towards the crowd half way through a song like Vince does. 

Did you see that video of him recently quitting a show because he couldn’t sing?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Well, I can't not go see my favorite band when they're in town. However, the Wrigley date has once again been rescheduled, this time to Sept. 16. I already have Riot Fest admission for a pre-show on Sept 16. There was no extra cost involved with RF. It was simply an added bonus for folks who rolled over their 2020 festival tickets versus requesting a refund.

I have until the end of June to request a full refund for Guns. I am waiting till the last possible moment to request a refund, hoping that Riot Fest will announce who will be performing on Sept. 16. This way I can make a more educated choice on whether to skip Wrigley Field or not. It would gut me to miss out on GNR in my hometown, but I can always catch them elsewhere earlier in the tour.

To join in on the discussion: I think ticket sales aren't what you'd normally expect for a myriad of reasons.

1, There is a ton of competition right now with more and more artists are announcing tours. There will be conflicts, and there will be people who choose to allocate their funds elsewhere since it seems like almost everyone is hitting the road.

2, GNR tickets are really goddamn expensive. People are gonna think twice paying $250 for a show they've already seen vs paying less than $200 for a three-day music festival, for example. If GNR priced their tickets cheaper, obviously they'd move way more of them.

3, Lack of new music and the feeling of sameness.

4. Some people are still too nervous to go to full-capacity venues.

How could you not want to see GNR at Wrigley? It will be special. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Do you get mad when people in front of you are standing the entire time though? Because I don't sit at all during concerts. And when others are all sitting, it sort of ruins the energy. Especially when you can hear people chattering throughout the entire show. I much prefer being as close as possible because of this.

I don't sit at concerts either but I'm 5'5 so it's basically the same lol

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

There's nothing special about seeing GnR at Wrigley...Pearl Jam at Wrigley.  That is special. 

Curious, why is one special and the other isn't?

I've only been to two shows at Wrigley: Foo Fighters and Billy Joel. Both awesome.

GNR is my favorite band and I'm a diehard Cubs fan. Seems to be a match made in heaven for me.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Curious, why is one special and the other isn't?

I've only been to two shows at Wrigley: Foo Fighters and Billy Joel. Both awesome

GNR is my favorite band and I'm a diehard Cubs fan. Seems to be a match made in heaven for me.

GnR was supposed to play citizen's bank park last year and I'm a die hard Phillies fan so I understand your excitement.

I was bummed covid cancelled it.  Smashing Pumpkins were opening, would have been really special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

There's nothing special about seeing GnR at Wrigley...Pearl Jam at Wrigley.  That is special. 

I saw Pearl Jam at Wrigley in 2018 in the PIT. Was indeed special. I assumed it was the same thing. 

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Exactly. 

Pearl Jam at Wrigley is an experience for many reasons. They always bring their A Game there. For GN'R, it's just another stop for the cash grab train to make. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. 

Pearl Jam at Wrigley is an experience for many reasons. They always bring their A Game there. For GN'R, it's just another stop for the cash grab train to make. 

Exactly nothing. You haven’t seen either band at Wrigley. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spike Killer said:

I've got the Let's Play Two vinyl set, but I keep meaning to get the full show from the first night when I was there. Thanks :)

1 minute ago, Stryker said:

Ya, but besides that, name one time. 

That’s what I thought.

Haha. What a bizarre post that was. 

2016 was actually a very busy concert year for me and travel. I saw David Gilmour in Chicago on a Friday night in April. Then flew from Chicago to Vegas to see GN'R the next night. 

I saw GN'R in Chicago again in July, then went back to Chicago to see Pearl Jam in August. I think everything else I saw that year, including GN'R again, was all in Detroit. 

18 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

It's annoying, but I'll stand in such a case so I can see.

Just now, RussTCB said:

Haha. What a bizarre post that was. 

2016 was actually a very busy concert year for me and travel. I saw David Gilmour in Chicago on a Friday night in April. Then flew from Chicago to Vegas to see GN'R the next night. 

I saw GN'R in Chicago again in July, then went back to Chicago to see Pearl Jam in August. I think everything else I saw that year, including GN'R again, was all in Detroit. 

Very bizarre! 

I'll put my hat in the ring and say that I have never seen GNR at Wrigley Field or Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field, and I'm not really that much of a Pearl Jam,,,,,,but am capable of recognising that Pearl Jam there is far more special and iconic. 

But hey, logic, facts and common sense? Yet again, we need to stop with that! 

• GNFNR 1

Just did a quick look at some of the major market venues - this is trouble, seats available everywhere: NY, LA, Chi, Dallas.  Playing to a half empty football/baseball stadium has gotta be concerning.  Can they move venues?  This looks like it was really poorly managed/planned.

4 minutes ago, center27j said:

Just did a quick look at some of the major market venues - this is trouble, seats available everywhere: NY, LA, Chi, Dallas.  Playing to a half empty football/baseball stadium has gotta be concerning.  Can they move venues?  This looks like it was really poorly managed/planned.

Impossible, people on here have insisted that GNR always sells well and the low ticket sales are nothing to worry about... :lol:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, center27j said:

Oooh, you'll be in trouble now! 

Hater, negative, sad person, no life, etc etc.  

Didn't you know they're all selling out, and it's only people that aren't fans that think they're not based on such nonsense as looking at how ticket sales actually are? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

For stadiums requiring vaccination, what about those who have had AstraZenica? 

FB_IMG_1623020665989.jpg

It’s not approved here in the US so I highly doubt it would be accepted.