North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea there's good bands spread across those 7 days, but I was just talking about GNR's day. I honestly don't see how Airbourne are so high on the list though, I've never met anyone who actually likes them lol. I saw them open for Motley Crue years ago and they sucked.

I used to listen to them regularly a while back but I'm over them now. Why not try to do something original instead of just copying AC/DC? Gets old after a little while.

That Hellfest lineup is literally the biggest metal lineup ever and people are talking abour Airbourne. It would be an insane lineup even if you ignore 2 main stages. I would need to split myself in three parts to see everything I want in there :lol:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I noticed that for the pit in Chicago it said that you must be vaccinated. I was just wondering how they are confirming that? Does anyone know?

I don't think there is a way. Everywhere else I've seen that's requiring vaccination is doing the honor system. 

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't think there is a way. Everywhere else I've seen that's requiring vaccination is doing the honor system. 

That is what I was thinking too. Maybe it is up to each individual venue. I few inside places don't even have these restrictions. Each show says something different on the few I looked at. Here is what the Los Angeles show is saying.

2BB63077-50F7-4083-8DC6-45BA6F0AE39F.jpeg.77a210a3f641c1e93a7efe70acd884d1.jpeg

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

Since there isn't a thread for the Dallas show, I'll put this here...

Would anyone in the Plano, TX/Collin County area be willing to give me a ride to and from the Dallas show? I would be happy to contribute towards fuel expenses and parking fees.
I am planning to capture audio of the Dallas gig, so I would be able hook you up with a nice souvenir recording of the concert in exchange for a ride. I don't drive (by choice), and seriously doubt that any of my friends would be interested in going to the overpriced GNR gig. Please send me a PM if you can help me out. I would be willing to meet in public in advance of the show, to prove that I am not a weirdo...
Thank you!

Edited by rockphantom

28 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

Since there isn't a thread for the Dallas show, I'll put this here...

Would anyone in the Plano, TX/Collin County area be willing to give me a ride to and from the Dallas show? I would be happy to contribute towards fuel expenses and parking fees.
I am planning to capture audio of the Dallas gig, so I would be able hook you up with a nice souvenir recording of the concert in exchange for a ride. I don't drive (by choice), and seriously doubt that any of my friends would be interested in going to the overpriced GNR gig. Please send me a PM if you can help me out. I would be willing to meet in public in advance of the show, to prove that I am not a weirdo...
Thank you!

Why not an Uber?

On 6/18/2021 at 2:42 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

I noticed that for the pit in Chicago it said that you must be vaccinated. I was just wondering how they are confirming that? Does anyone know?

They probably will rely on honor system and hope the verbiage discourages people who aren't vaccinated to buy the tickets. But I've been to small shows in Chicago where they have actually required proof at the door.

On 6/18/2021 at 3:54 PM, RussTCB said:

For Madison Square Garden and Barclay Center, you have to upload your vaccination card to an app and present it when entering.  You can also show your card when entering the building. I'm assuming the Chicago show is the same thing for the pit section. 

On 6/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

It might be similar to Madison Square Garden where you have to upload the document to an app or take the card  with you. 

16 minutes ago, Draguns said:

For Madison Square Garden and Barclay Center, you have to upload your vaccination card to an app and present it when entering.  You can also show your card when entering the building. I'm assuming the Chicago show is the same thing for the pit section. 

It might be similar to Madison Square Garden where you have to upload the document to an app or take the card  with you. 

Wow. I'd be surprised if that actually gets enforced. 

To be clear before I say the rest of this....I am vaccinated and everyone I know is as well:

I'll be VERY surprised if there isn't a huge uproar if any of these venues try to enforce anything regarding vaccination proof. If so, a lot of concerts could end up being the target of large scale protests / demonstrations. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

To be clear before I say the rest of this....I am vaccinated and everyone I know is as well:

I'll be VERY surprised if there isn't a huge uproar if any of these venues try to enforce anything regarding vaccination proof. If so, a lot of concerts could end up being the target of large scale protests / demonstrations. 

Maybe, but on what grounds would they protest? The venues are private businesses that can choose the requirements of who come in (and they don't want unvaccinated for insurance reasons). 

If you don't want to be vaxxed, that's fine, but there are consequences.

I saw Dave Chappelle at Radio City last night - had to show proof of vaccination. I bet all major places start it soon.

(Also, I recognize you're not making this argument. I've just been thinking about this too and wondering how anyone could protest it if they thought about it for two seconds).

Aren't the Foo Fighters already doing similar? I thought I read something about the 'anti-vax' clowns saying how they would 'never listen to Foo Fighters again' or some nonsense like that as a result of it? 

I think it will be the way of things though - not just in America but across the world- going forwards. Vaccine passports will become normality. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Maybe, but on what grounds would they protest? The venues are private businesses that can choose the requirements of who come in (and they don't want unvaccinated for insurance reasons). 

If you don't want to be vaxxed, that's fine, but there are consequences.

I saw Dave Chappelle at Radio City last night - had to show proof of vaccination. I bet all major places start it soon.

(Also, I recognize you're not making this argument. I've just been thinking about this too and wondering how anyone could protest it if they thought about it for two seconds).

Yeah, I totally agree they shouldn't be protesting and I hoping it doesn't happen. I'm just guessing it will based on everything I saw go on across the US over the past year or so with people protesting over masks and so on. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Well they already protested at the Foo Fighters show last week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I totally agree they shouldn't be protesting and I hoping it doesn't happen. I'm just guessing it will based on everything I saw go on across the US over the past year or so with people protesting over masks and so on. 

Yeah, regrettably you're probably right.

• GNFNR 1

There is no other act anywhere that would schedule a stadium tour and not do any promotion for it. Even someone as famous as Taylor Swift is going to be all over the media promoting a tour because...that's just what you do. You don't stay famous and popular by being invisible. But this band feels that for certain logistical reasons they just can't ever do any promotion. OK, enjoy your 1/3rd-full bowls, Axl.

Edited by prez
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I was just looking at the dates for the summer in North America and I see they’ve a show on September 16th and 18th. Could they have not had a show on the 17th which is the thirtieth anniversary of the UYI albums being released ? Surely it’s not that hard to remember when you released albums and schedule shows on those dates.