North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

25 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

tickets are not selling well for this, even in the arenas.  look for Groupon soon!

There's already 4 pack specials for the stadiums. The Groupons and huge discounts for the arenas won't be long behind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

tickets are not selling well for this, even in the arenas.  look for Groupon soon!

Are the prices in the same range as the previous ticket prices for NITL tour? If so then that is crazy imo. For multiple reasons, they already cashed in during the first few rounds of the tour, not touring on the back on anything so same old stuff, the 'reunion' vibe surely can't sell tickets as easily now, and on the back of a pandemic when huge numbers of their fans would be well out of pocket compared to normal.

21 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Are the prices in the same range as the previous ticket prices for NITL tour? If so then that is crazy imo. For multiple reasons, they already cashed in during the first few rounds of the tour, not touring on the back on anything so same old stuff, the 'reunion' vibe surely can't sell tickets as easily now, and on the back of a pandemic when huge numbers of their fans would be well out of pocket compared to normal.

same prices if not higher

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stryker said:

Not the biggest Metallica fan, so the fact I recognized most of the songs from the set lists I looked up would indicate that the fans want to hear the hits.

I imagine if GnR did the same thing they’d be able to sell extra tickets to diehard fans who want to hear the super deep cuts. This is of course under the assumption that the vote is tied to a specific ticket.

The hard-core Metallica fans voted first and the deep cuts were heavy on the sets, then the other fans and general public voted and the votes for deep cuts were squashed in all but maybe 2/3 shows. 

If gnr did it the show would be packed with the hits but I think because the average fan doesn't know most of uyi and beyond, it would be the entire AFD album and then the big hits from the rest. I wouldn't complain.

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The hard-core Metallica fans voted first and the deep cuts were heavy on the sets, then the other fans and general public voted and the votes for deep cuts were squashed in all but maybe 2/3 shows. 

If gnr did it the show would be packed with the hits but I think because the average fan doesn't know most of uyi and beyond, it would be the entire AFD album and then the big hits from the rest. I wouldn't complain.

Definitely wouldn't be many CD songs then. Mostly people voting for SCOM etc (unless you had to choose from a few specific deep cuts).

14 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Definitely wouldn't be many CD songs then. Mostly people voting for SCOM etc (unless you had to choose from a few specific deep cuts).

They could do it with a pick x amount from each album if they wanted to make sure everything gets a look in, but I think the real idea is a free for all. The Metallica one definitely highlighted how much of a minority the 'deep cut' fans are. Still doesn't stop me wanting to hear Fixxer and Unforgiven II etc. 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

They could do it with a pick x amount from each album if they wanted to make sure everything gets a look in, but I think the real idea is a free for all. The Metallica one definitely highlighted how much of a minority the 'deep cut' fans are. Still doesn't stop me wanting to hear Fixxer and Unforgiven II etc. 😄

No I mean do a multiple choice kind of thing, like when you get to the show you can vote with your phone and the options are Think About You, PTU, TWAT, Nice Boys, and Down on the Farm (or something like that; I just picked the first 5 that came to mind). Then everyone votes and the top 3 songs are the ones they play. And they can rotate the choices at each show too. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 10:55 AM, Stryker said:

Has any band done that before with an app?

Its a brilliant idea with the fencing, but curious if there’s a precedent.

Not that I know of.  Since it would be innovative, I doubt the current band/management would even consider it. 

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2021 at 11:01 PM, prez said:

There is no other act anywhere that would schedule a stadium tour and not do any promotion for it. Even someone as famous as Taylor Swift is going to be all over the media promoting a tour because...that's just what you do. You don't stay famous and popular by being invisible. But this band feels that for certain logistical reasons they just can't ever do any promotion. OK, enjoy your 1/3rd-full bowls, Axl.

It's truly baffling how little actual promotion this band gets away with. Sure they put out generic ads, limply post the tour schedule on social media but they don't do anything that would get people in seats. 

The big 3 should be on every late night show. That this hasn't happened yet is beyond me. 

Clips of them rehearsing put out everywhere, saying how excited they are to "get back on the road"

Instead we haven't seen Axl since the start of 2020, that just doesn't wash. If they want to remain a stadium band they have to start acting like it.

Now I'm as big a supporter as they come, these shows will be 'full' by showtime and I'm sure it'll be branded a success(at least by management). But the last year has shown the lack of will to innovate (No livestream performances etc) in a period which should have been a 24/7 advertising opportunity for this tour.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:58 AM, ZoSoRose said:

The Stones do it pretty well. Put a few lesser played songs and deep cuts in a list that changes each show. I got Sway and Rocks Off with that and was very happy

The problem is, occasionally, the Stones put a mega-hit up against obscure songs - hardly fair when that happens. I’ve had a few good picks for the song vote; Respectable in Rome, Let It Bleed in Indy, and She’s So Cold in Foxborough. But I’ve had others where there’s a huge hit in the mix and it always ends up winning; Street Fighting Man in Toronto, Paint It Black in Columbus, or Let’s Spend The Night Togwther in Buffalo. I also got Under My Thumb in London, and even though it’s a big hit I was fine with it since it rarely gets played still :lol: 

Looks like some of the prices for East Rutherford have dropped. $99.50 for seats in the 113/139 section and I swear those were still over $200 last week. Not biting yet!

• GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, prez said:

Looks like some of the prices for East Rutherford have dropped. $99.50 for seats in the 113/139 section and I swear those were still over $200 last week. Not biting yet!

Dallas has tickets for 40$ now. Those same tickets were 90$ some days ago. 

1 hour ago, prez said:

Yeah, Hershey has de-platinumed some tickets. Don’t bite yet!

I sinecely hope some people understand now that me and several other people on here weren't being negative just to be negative. 

None of us were/are rooting for this. We'd love for GN'R to be the hottest tour this summer, but it's just not. That's why we were all saying what we said about dismal ticket sales and forthcoming discounts. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

The thought of people paying full price for these tickets or even getting that shitty "Nightrain" suscription for a presale is just... :wow:

Reminds me of those that spent $1000 for the "Limited" AFD box (limited = 10.000 units :lol: ) only for it to be sold for $500 just a month later and $300 in Christmas.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The thought of people paying full price for these tickets or even getting that shitty "Nightrain" suscription for a presale is just... :wow:

Reminds me of those that spent $1000 for the "Limited" AFD box (limited = 10.000 units :lol: ) only for it to be sold for $500 just a month later and $300 in Christmas.

Oof....that L&L pricing was a straight up debacle. 

I was at my PC, ready to order it thinking it would be priced correctly at $500. Then I saw the original priced, laughed my ass off, closed my browser and told my wife I'd buy it when it gets dropped to the price it should have been in the first place. 

I ended up getting a SMOKING deal on it. Some discount site had it for $500 with free shipping AND a great turntable included. 

The turntable included in the bundle was worth like $350-$400 on its own. So I ordered it, gave the turntable to a good friend for his birthday and kept the vinyl that I wanted in the first place. 

Oh and yeah, Nightrain is the biggest rip off in the history of the internet and I sincerely hope absolutely no one is still paying for it. 

• Like 3

The Locked N' Loaded had a lot of really cool promotion which I hope a new release gets similar treatment. The big let down though was obviously the price, which was a bit of a buzz kill and I felt really bad for those that follow this band religiously regardless of the criticism that they get, forking out full whack for it only to be heavily reduced a few months later. I thought I managed to get it for £300 from Canada without paying shipping...then I was eventually hit with an Import Tax bill about 6/7 months later. Sickening, but still about £500 cheaper than what it still goes for over here all in.

• Like 2