North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The 'early entry' tickets too - double the price to enter the building 20 minutes before everyone else? I can't understand why anyone would consider that a good way to spend their cash! 

There are some people with more money than they know what to do with.

There are also loads of stupid people.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The thought of people paying full price for these tickets or even getting that shitty "Nightrain" suscription for a presale is just... :wow:

Reminds me of those that spent $1000 for the "Limited" AFD box (limited = 10.000 units :lol: ) only for it to be sold for $500 just a month later and $300 in Christmas.

There was a guy in that GnR Facebook group who bought like 5 LnL boxes on the first day. Must be nice to have $5k just sitting around.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oof....that L&L pricing was a straight up debacle. 

I was at my PC, ready to order it thinking it would be priced correctly at $500. Then I saw the original priced, laughed my ass off, closed my browser and told my wife I'd buy it when it gets dropped to the price it should have been in the first place. 

I ended up getting a SMOKING deal on it. Some discount site had it for $500 with free shipping AND a great turntable included. 

The turntable included in the bundle was worth like $350-$400 on its own. So I ordered it, gave the turntable to a good friend for his birthday and kept the vinyl that I wanted in the first place. 

Oh and yeah, Nightrain is the biggest rip off in the history of the internet and I sincerely hope absolutely no one is still paying for it. 

And I got a free box set :awesomeface:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

It saves me a LOT of stress. I want to be at the rail, so I can keep up for 3+ hours and don't have annoying people in front of me. I only do this for GNR as they are my by far favourite band (ridicule me all you want, you're on a fan forum too :P). I have honestly never regretted paying that much. If I'm going to see my favourite band, I want the best spots I can get, and without stress. It's worth that much for me.

Also, and I've said this a million of times. I can't understand why anyone would consider buying loads of vinyl a good way to spend their cash, or designer sneakers, or a trip to Dubai, or a BMW, or to follow their football team on all their games. Yet people spend tons of money on that on a daily basis. Or maybe I do understand, those people earned their money (or got it some other way), and wish to spend it on something they enjoy or think is worth it. As long as you're not hurting anyone else: good on them!

I just don't get the people who go to every single show (on the rail too). Like doesn't that get boring after a while? I think we all know who I'm referring to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After being buying tickets last March right before lockdowns and getting a refund for the show that was suppose to be August, I'm once again hoping to see the band this September here in Dallas!

I got pit tickets and it's my first time being in general admission. Besides getting there early to try and get in far front as possible, anyone have any other tips/suggestions?? :huh:

• Like 1

Just now, Lio said:

It saves me a LOT of stress. I want to be at the rail, so I can keep up for 3+ hours and don't have annoying people in front of me. I only do this for GNR as they are my by far favourite band (ridicule me all you want, you're on a fan forum too :P). I have honestly never regretted paying that much. If I'm going to see my favourite band, I want the best spots I can get, and without stress. It's worth that much for me.

Also, and I've said this a million of times. I can't understand why anyone would consider buying loads of vinyl a good way to spend their cash, or designer sneakers, or a trip to Dubai, or a BMW, or to follow their football team on all their games. Yet people spend tons of money on that on a daily basis. Or maybe I do understand, those people earned their money (or got it some other way), and wish to spend it on something they enjoy or think is worth it. As long as you're not hurting anyone else: good on them!

Oh, I'm not going to ridicule you - GNR are by far my favourite band too! 

Well fair enough.....but it does seem absurd to me! Especially when I end up on the rail stood next to the people that have splashed out such a huge amount over the odds. Up to them though, really as you say.

I think you touched on the point though - all the other stuff you mention (and I can't really understand why anyone who loves music doesn't want to own copies of it instead of shitty streams....but that's a topic for another day) you can't get unless you choose to pay for it. You want trainers? Here's what they cost. You want a car? Here's what they cost, etc. With the 'early entry' tickets you're getting pretty much nothing for a doubling of the price. You end up getting the exact same experience to someone like myself, who's stood next to you, hence why people don't understand it as a purchase. Whatever though - it's not my money. There's always people who want to pay over the odds for things, and that's up to them. 

I'd prefer to use the money to get a variety of different experiences and see a variety of live music. 

Anyway, it's not like I'm going to the latest leg of this tour anyway as I'm as bored as Slash of seeing the same show over and over. There's just too much great music in the world for me to keep spending time and money on the exact same thing and it be a little worse each time! Good luck to those who get something out of it though. I mean that sincerely, it's just that endless repetition and nostalgia really isn't for me in music, or in life to be honest. 

Just now, Destiny said:

After being buying tickets last March right before lockdowns and getting a refund for the show that was suppose to be August, I'm once again hoping to see the band this September here in Dallas!

I got pit tickets and it's my first time being in general admission. Besides getting there early to try and get in far front as possible, anyone have any other tips/suggestions?? :huh:

Such as? I can't think of anything else you'd need to know about going to a gig! 

Edited by allwaystired

Just now, DTV88 said:

There is a lady I follow on Ig that goes to a ton of GnR concerts all over the world. She seems to enjoy the heck out of her life. I say more power to her or anyone doing whatever makes them happy. 

Killing people made Ted Bundy and Charles Manson happy.....I wouldn't really say 'more power' to them! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DTV88 said:

There is a lady I follow on Ig that goes to a ton of GnR concerts all over the world. She seems to enjoy the heck out of her life. I say more power to her or anyone doing whatever makes them happy. 

I think we're referring to the same person.

If anyone spots any good deals for Las Vegas stadium tickets, please let me know. I am trying to convince my brother to take my 74 year old mom to her 4th GNR show. They live in Vegas, relatively close to the stadium. If they can get into the GNR Vegas stadium gig for free, or at a drastically reduced price, why not go? My mom and I went to 3 GNR gigs together; Houston,  TX 1992-09-04 w/ Metallica and FMN, Austin, TX 1993-02-23, first Skin N' Bones show, and Las Vegas 2016-04-08 NITL Kick-off show. At 69 years of age, my mom was probably the OLDEST person in the audience at the T-Mobile Arena. :headbang::lol:

Thank you!!

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ratam said:

MH?

Yes, that’s who I am talking about. Didn’t want to name her because I don’t actually know her. She posts some really great photos of her travels and seems cool. Not sure why anyone would have an issue with her, nor do I really care if they do. :shrugs:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Yes, that’s who I am talking about. Didn’t want to name her because I don’t actually know her. She posts some really great photos of her travels and seems cool. Not sure why anyone would have an issue with her, nor do I really care if they do. :shrugs:

Oh, i was guess it, cause isn't many fans like she is.  It would be either , she or a Japonese woman is great fan too and she is specially Slash fan.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:49 AM, Destiny said:

The pits are fairly small with not a lot of people in them. No matter where you stand in the pit you’ll have a great view. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:55 AM, allwaystired said:

The 'early entry' tickets too - double the price to enter the building 20 minutes before everyone else? I can't understand why anyone would consider that a good way to spend their cash! 

Many people would love to pay more money to be taken to and taken away faster from the building than the rest.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:20 AM, allwaystired said:

With the 'early entry' tickets you're getting pretty much nothing for a doubling of the price. You end up getting the exact same experience to someone like myself, who's stood next to you, hence why people don't understand it as a purchase. Whatever though - it's not my money. There's always people who want to pay over the odds for things, and that's up to them.

Just depends on the circumstance. Lots of factors make getting in early preferential. As some one who has stood rail at all 5 of my Gn'R experiences, the Ottawa experience was tough because of the heat and the lunar eclipse. By the end of the show - people were begging Gio/security staff for water. The two October shows in Toronto were bitterly cold standing in line, and security/event staff were unprepared and almost pancaked the first 5-7 people in line (including me) and almost cost us our spots because they didn't know which doors to open.

So, I would have gladly paid an early entry fee to avoid all of that.

But those are the perils of rock n' roll, or so I'm told......

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:39 AM, FuriousStyles said:

Just depends on the circumstance. Lots of factors make getting in early preferential. As some one who has stood rail at all 5 of my Gn'R experiences, the Ottawa experience was tough because of the heat and the lunar eclipse. By the end of the show - people were begging Gio/security staff for water. The two October shows in Toronto were bitterly cold standing in line, and security/event staff were unprepared and almost pancaked the first 5-7 people in line (including me) and almost cost us our spots because they didn't know which doors to open.

So, I would have gladly paid an early entry fee to avoid all of that.

But those are the perils of rock n' roll, or so I'm told......

You’re hardcore. Love it. 

• Like 1