North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Wow there's tickets available for $29 at Metlife. Upper level but still. 

Yeah, discounts have popped up for dates already. Assuming the tour kicks off and there's still poor ticket sales (likely) the discounts will get even deeper for the rest of the tour. 

I have a feeling the U.S. tour will be postponed until 2022, due to the rapid spread of the C19 Delta variant. As most of us know, using COVID to postpone a poorly selling tour AGAIN, would be another way for GNR Inc. to save face.

Edited by rockphantom
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I have a feeling the U.S. tour will be postponed until 2022, due to the rapid spread of the C19 Delta variant. As most of us know, using COVID to postpone a poorly selling tour AGAIN, would be another way for GNR Inc. to save face.

If that's the case, do it after Vegas

18 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Buckcherry had done the same. Wonder if other bands will have to cancel shows.

I sure hope not. I think enough people in the US are vaccinated that even if it does spike again, hospitals won’t become overwhelmed like last year. I think that was the primary concern. Beyond that, people can make their own decisions. You shouldn’t ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but people do it anyway. If things go wrong, they only have themselves to blame. From everything I’ve read, it seems the US vaccines are still effective against the delta-variant. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I sure hope not. I think enough people in the US are vaccinated that even if it does spike again, hospitals won’t become overwhelmed like last year. I think that was the primary concern. Beyond that, people can make their own decisions. You shouldn’t ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but people do it anyway. If things go wrong, they only have themselves to blame. From everything I’ve read, it seems the US vaccines are still effective against the delta-variant. 

Well they're starting to announce that shows are going to require proof of vaccination or negative test, so that should help. I meant though if other bands had positive cases later on, if there would be more cancelled shows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Well they're starting to announce that shows are going to require proof of vaccination or negative test, so that should help. I meant though if other bands had positive cases later on, if there would be more cancelled shows.

Oh, I misunderstood. I guess it depends. I’d say they would probably only cancel if it’s one the big 3. I’m sure they have tech’s who could stand in for anyone else without much worry for the fans caring or even noticing. Obviously if Slash was positive, I’d think people would freak if the show went on without him. 

7 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Oh, I misunderstood. I guess it depends. I’d say they would probably only cancel if it’s one the big 3. I’m sure they have tech’s who could stand in for anyone else without much worry for the fans caring or even noticing. Obviously if Slash was positive, I’d think people would freak if the show went on without him. 

Depends on if it's crew that's in close contact with the band or not, because of exposure.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I keep getting ads for this tour on YouTube, which gives me the impression that it’s not selling well, so they’re trying to push the marketing as much as they can.

Literally any other band in their position would have released Hardschool as a single to promote the tour, even if they weren't planning on releasing an album soon. This band is fucked in the head and beyond repair.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Literally any other band in their position would have released Hardschool as a single to promote the tour, even if they weren't planning on releasing an album soon. This band is fucked in the head and beyond repair.

What can they do though. Axl will not do interviews or appear in public so they can't ptomote the tour. He'll never authorise music to be released and signs off crap like pinball machines and toy trucks. All they can fall back on are Instagram pictures with the word "f'n" in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

What can they do though. Axl will not do interviews or appear in public so they can't ptomote the tour. He'll never authorise music to be released and signs off crap like pinball machines and toy trucks. All they can fall back on are Instagram pictures with the word "f'n" in. 

They could send other band members out to do interviews ABOUT GNR rather than some other project, with a couple of GNR questions thrown in that they desperately try to deflect? 

There's so much they could do- it's remarkable that this tour has literally nothing to promote it to people. A chance to see a band you could have seen in smaller, better venues many times in the past year again for a huge price? It's totally understandable that people are saying 'no thanks' really. 

There's literally no selling point with these shows, other than perhaps 'you haven't seen a gig for a while'.....which clearly isn't proving any draw whatsoever. 

If there was a song completed, even just one, they'd have surely used it as a carrot to sell these shows. That they haven't really tells you all you need to know. 

The whole situation from a business point of view is insane. There's always someone that will say 'oh Live Nation know what they're doing, they know better than you' etc etc......but if anyone thinks it was Live Nations plan all along to have a band playing stadiums that have sold so few tickets they're crackers. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

They could send other band members out to do interviews ABOUT GNR rather than some other project, with a couple of GNR questions thrown in that they desperately try to deflect? 

There's so much they could do- it's remarkable that this tour has literally nothing to promote it to people. A chance to see a band you could have seen in smaller, better venues many times in the past year again for a huge price? It's totally understandable that people are saying 'no thanks' really. 

There's literally no selling point with these shows, other than perhaps 'you haven't seen a gig for a while'.....which clearly isn't proving any draw whatsoever. 

If there was a song completed, even just one, they'd have surely used it as a carrot to sell these shows. That they haven't really tells you all you need to know. 

The whole situation from a business point of view is insane. There's always someone that will say 'oh Live Nation know what they're doing, they know better than you' etc etc......but if anyone thinks it was Live Nations plan all along to have a band playing stadiums that have sold so few tickets they're crackers. 

As a 'newish fan' it depresses me to have to agree with this.