North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

On 7/20/2021 at 11:15 PM, slim26 said:

I went to the Foo Fighters show last month at MSG that was supposed to be no entry without vaccination.  It was a joke, they looked at your card prior to entering the building, but they just glance at it for a few seconds and don't ask to match the card up with your ID.  You could show them a photocopy of one and it'd be no problem, although that would be a dick move.  I had GA floor, maybe 1 out of 50 were wearing masks, mostly older people.  

The price for MetLife tickets on ticketmaster are dirt cheap and keep dropping.  Pretty much every section looks to have available seats including the PIT. 

I was at that show as well and have tickets for GNR at MetLife. Interesting contrast where the FF show had tickets go onsale 2 weeks before and sold out immediately (granted in a venue less than half the size, but I think they would’ve easily sold out a second night if they played one). I guess that’s what happens when you release new music every 2-3 years to keep your fan base engaged. I’m hoping GNR sells or gives away more tickets. Something about a half empty stadium that kills the vibe. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

I was at that show as well and have tickets for GNR at MetLife. Interesting contrast where the FF show had tickets go onsale 2 weeks before and sold out immediately (granted in a venue less than half the size, but I think they would’ve easily sold out a second night if they played one). I guess that’s what happens when you release new music every 2-3 years to keep your fan base engaged. I’m hoping GNR sells or gives away more tickets. Something about a half empty stadium that kills the vibe. 

GnR wouldn't be selling tens of thousands of additional tickets if they released a new album. If the sales are really that poor then maybe Live Nation will think twice next time before putting them back in stadiums in the States. Even if there's "only" 25,000  at MetLife , they make a fortune on t- shirts and beer. Half empty or not, what counts is how the band (well, Axl) is. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

8 hours ago, goneshootin said:

The stadiums will be full by the time the shows happen. It'll take deeply discounted and/or free tickets but the stadiums will be full. 

• Like 3

See the live nation $20 welcome back to shows ticket? https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/live-nation-offering-fans-20-all-in-tickets-kiss-judas-priest-korn-and-slipknot-among-participating-artists/

GNR nowhere to be seen on that list. I guess they think they'll still pull the numbers??? Seems ambitious with just over a week to go

30 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

See the live nation $20 welcome back to shows ticket? https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/live-nation-offering-fans-20-all-in-tickets-kiss-judas-priest-korn-and-slipknot-among-participating-artists/

GNR nowhere to be seen on that list. I guess they think they'll still pull the numbers??? Seems ambitious with just over a week to go

They don't care if they will play for half empty stadiums. Most of the losses will affect the venues if I'm not mistaken. The band members will get their money. 

9 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I read that Guadalajara shows isn't will allow for these State authority, it is cause Covid resurgence.

So 2 out of the 3 shows in Mexico aren't gonna happen? :lol:

Merida is also not allowing concerts:

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2021/07/local-authorities-say-guns-nroses-does-not-have-permission-to-perform-in-merida/

“Therefore, until this moment there is no permission whatsoever from the municipal authority for such an event, nor for the sale of tickets,” said the authority.

“The current panorama due to the health contingency prevents the realization of events of this type in the short term, so the city council does not authorize the concert right now, as it was already informed to the promoter company”, they concluded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The stadiums will be full by the time the shows happen. It'll take deeply discounted and/or free tickets but the stadiums will be full. 

Probably right.  Just as no show is ever truly sold out.  The promoters will paper the piss outta the venues. Get butts in seats. Every person is someone who will pay for $40 parking, $10 beers $5 Hot Dogs, etc….   

• Like 2

Not be that guy, I’m expecting Axl’s voice to be rough

Man hasn’t performed in 1.5 years, probably hasn’t practiced or done anything. It was already rough enough in 2020. I wouldn’t even be surprised at this point if he starts lip syncing, heavy backing tracks or lowers the key or something. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Man hasn’t performed in 1.5 years, probably hasn’t practiced or done anything. It was already rough enough in 2020. I wouldn’t even be surprised at this point if he starts lip syncing, heavy backing tracks or lowers the key or something. 

I know that Chris and Melissa have progammed backing tracks to support his voice. He would have to rely on Mel even more now. 

Edited by Sosso

49 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That's what I'm expecting too, and honestly I don't even care anymore. I'm just there for Slash (and a little bit for Duff).

• Like 1