North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

14 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Someone asked Meegan on IG yesterday if there would be new songs on this tour, to which she replied "top secret". Last month Fortus answered the same question with a "keep it a secret" emoji. So, either we're getting new songs, or these guys have embraced TB's sadism toward the fans.

It would probably be wiser of them if they didn’t respond at all, but I don’t read these responses to be anything more than deflections. They know if they say “no”, they’d kill all the buzz. 

We’ve gotten Locomotive, Dead Horse, and a few others. I would expect them to sprinkle 1-2 older songs this summer, but nothing is guaranteed.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Someone asked Meegan on IG yesterday if there would be new songs on this tour, to which she replied "top secret". Last month Fortus answered the same question with a "keep it a secret" emoji. So, either we're getting new songs, or these guys have embraced TB's sadism toward the fans.

No. They both know that's a question for management. ;)

23 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Guess we'll find out in a few days.

41 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Trust me, it's the latter. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

That was me who asked Meegan lol.  I was going to say something about it here but I figured it would just be responded with negativity.

Why would she bother to respond tho if there weren't going to be some surprises? (I'm not saying I'm expecting new music to be played but I do think it'll be a different set).

5 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Hoping we've all been wrong and they come out sounding epic with a refreshed set-list. I guess we find out very soon🤣 At this point I'd take the standard old set if Axl would just sound great on it. God if (when) they start with ISE, the crowd should turn on their heels and leave.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Or they've been told by the boss(es) to keep their mouths shut.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I have to say, I'm sort of looking forward to seeing what they offer up at the end of the week. 

I think it's really important - like it's the difference between "we're done now" and "we have a future as a band". 

I remain in a state of hoping I'll be the most wrong about anything I've ever been wrong about. 

I always have friends over to spin records on Fridays so I most likely won't be keeping up on the show in real time. However, I'd LOVE to log in here afterwards and see a flurry of activity confirming how wrong I was. 

I sincerely doubt it'll happen but man, it would be awesome if it did. 

• Like 4

Just now, RussTCB said:

I remain in a state of hoping I'll be the most wrong about anything I've ever been wrong about. 

I always have friends over to spin records on Fridays so I most likely won't be keeping up on the show in real time. However, I'd LOVE to log in here afterwards and see a flurry of activity confirming how wrong I was. 

Definitely. I think there's still a chance. I'd say this really is it though - if there's no change now, there never will be. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I don't have a ton of confidence either, but I am thinking they'll probably open with Jungle or something besides ISO, even though that's probably the best song for Axl to open with to warm up. I expect 5-6 different songs from last tour with all the standby hits. They simply cannot do the same show they did last time. 

• GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Same here. I would really love to see that.  I really do believe that they deserve every bit of negativity on this board and elsewhere because EVERYTHING GnR related just sucks since years. But I bet 99% of us would love a real change for the better.

Chances are very, very slim though, imo.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I hear you,  I thought the show was Saturday night.

• Like 1