North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

They just need to drop the covers. As the classic rock band that they are, they have to play at least half of Appetite, one or two from Lies and all the singles from the Illusions. Change those songs around in the set, take Coma, DTJ, ISE and maybe Better out and add a new song or two, a few different Illusion songs and maybe Think About You and I'll be very happy. The last few shows they did weren't that bad with some covers dropped and You're Crazy, Dead Horse, So Fine and occasionally Locomotive added in. The last two shows had only 2 Chinese songs and 3-5 covers, but Heaven's Door and LALD have been staples for 30+ years. 

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You rule out the possibility that a new song will be debuted later in the tour? Why? 

I don't really count one 'new' (technically old but you know what I mean) song as 'change' to be honest, if the setlist is the same bar that. 

I mean, sure, it could get thrown in mid tour or something.....but for me, it's really not enough on it's own to make me think the show isn't 'same old'. Others will disagree of course, but here we go. 

19 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Hoping we've all been wrong and they come out sounding epic with a refreshed set-list. I guess we find out very soon🤣 At this point I'd take the standard old set if Axl would just sound great on it. God if (when) they start with ISE, the crowd should turn on their heels and leave.

I’d rather stay and have a great time, watching my favorite band play, which is a privilege we all never knew we’d have again.

19 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

So by "new" she means PTU & TAY. Fuck this band to eternal hell.

Yes, because that’s totally a reason to hope for eternal damnation, lol. My god…

58 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

They just need to drop the covers. As the classic rock band that they are, they have to play at least half of Appetite, one or two from Lies and all the singles from the Illusions. Change those songs around in the set, take Coma, DTJ, ISE and maybe Better out and add a new song or two, a few different Illusion songs and maybe Think About You and I'll be very happy. The last few shows they did weren't that bad with some covers dropped and You're Crazy, Dead Horse, So Fine and occasionally Locomotive added in. The last two shows had only 2 Chinese songs and 3-5 covers, but Heaven's Door and LALD have been staples for 30+ years. 

It's so Easy out?!?! Are You crazy?!?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

It's so Easy out?!?! Are You crazy?!?!

If you want change, sometimes it means making difficult choices. We’ve heard ISE open 175 consecutive shows. IMO, only WTTJ, SCOM, NR and PC are “untouchable “.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I don't really count one 'new' (technically old but you know what I mean) song as 'change' to be honest, if the setlist is the same bar that. 

I mean, sure, it could get thrown in mid tour or something.....but for me, it's really not enough on it's own to make me think the show isn't 'same old'. Others will disagree of course, but here we go. 

If you require more than one new song to be debuted on Saturday, then I am afraid you will not be happy :lol:

Just now, SoulMonster said:

If you require more than one new song to be debuted on Saturday, then I am afraid you will not be happy :lol:

Well not necessarily- I mean if it was a new setlist, a band full of passion that looked like they really wanted to be there, etc, one 'new' song would be fine. 

If it's business as they left off though.....then it's not good. 

But yeah, it would take more than just throwing in Hardschool to the existing set and performance to make me spend a few hundred on a ticket again. 

Anyway....we'll see on Saturday. I imagine there's quite a few people who will be looking at the show before making their decision whether to buy a ticket. 

A good night on Saturday would certainly help sales. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Stryker said:

If you want change, sometimes it means making difficult choices. We’ve heard ISE open 175 consecutive shows. IMO, only WTTJ, SCOM, NR and PC are “untouchable “.

ISE and BROWNSTONE are the "non hits" greater GNR songs to me. They should be played every show. But just My opinion

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I love that song, but the something has to go and they certainly won't drop any of the other Appetite songs they play every night.

Drop kohd and live and let die. Appetite is what make them great, i don't mean it should be played entirely but You can't drop those 2 for me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Rumors of a mask mandate coming back to NJ. Wonder how this will affect the three shows here (that already are selling poorly).

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/07/will-nj-indoor-mask-mandate-return-following-latest-cdc-guidance-change.html

I take NJ Transit for my commute into NYC regarding work. It's mandated on NJ Transit buses to wear mask. I see people entering the bus and then take them off or  lower it to their chin when they are seated.  Masks are also mandated at the Port Authority. I'm starting to see more people not wearing it at the Port Authority. 

4 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Rumors of a mask mandate coming back to NJ. Wonder how this will affect the three shows here (that already are selling poorly).

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/07/will-nj-indoor-mask-mandate-return-following-latest-cdc-guidance-change.html

I just scanned the article, but I saw no suggestion of masks being required in an outdoor stadium next week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I’d rather stay and have a great time, watching my favorite band play, which is a privilege we all never knew we’d have again.

Yes, because that’s totally a reason to hope for eternal damnation, lol. My god…

I appreciate that you think gnr even showing up deserves gratitude, but I have higher expectations for the money I spend (why I refunded my tickets). It's a privilege for a rock band to have fans come see them 30+ years on. You're all kinds of mixed up.... but I hope you enjoy the show you're attending.

Also... I said I hope they put on a great show??? How did you just look at that one ISE comment??

• Like 3

On 7/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, nycgunner said:

Thanks for the input all. I am going to monitor how things develop over the next couple weeks. COVID is rising in all 50 states, LA reissued its indoor mask mandate starting today, and others will likely follow. There is still so much unknown about COVID, these new mutations, and the efficacy of the vaccine against the delta variant. A lot of conflicting info from reliable sources (e.g., is a 3rd shot necessary?)

If I wear one, which I probably will, I hope I don’t get shit for from some drunk asshole at the show.  Have pit tickets to Metlife

With case projections of 200,000 per day on the horizon I wouldn't be surprised if this (or any other tour) gets pushed back. So far we know the Foo Fighters and Buckcherry both had postponements due to band members/crew getting Covid.  Who cares if someone gives you shit. They gotta be hella bored to give a fuck if you have a mask on. Since there's literally no requirements for these shows in terms of vax/neg test you have to do what's best for you if you are gonna attend. I'll look for the article but I just read about a music festival overseas that had test/vax requirements and a big outbreak was still linked back to it. 

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Drop kohd and live and let die. Appetite is what make them great, i don't mean it should be played entirely but You can't drop those 2 for me. 

It is sad what KOHD has become.. It used to always be a great live song back in the day..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm probably going to wear a mask too when I go to see them just because there's so many people there, although I hope most of them are vaccinated. 

Vaccination rate around here is pretty high, although GNR probably draws a lot from the sticks where I'm sure its much lower.  Having been to a few Mets games and the Foo Fighters MSG show... I think almost all will be unmasked except when using the bathroom, where I now appreciate wearing a mask.

Really wanna go see the GNR guys again but i can't.. thanks to the Anti Vax brigade. I have young kids. I can't risk them for Trump supporting fuckwits with their desperate wank stains on the Trump flags. Those people that won't get vaxed seem to enjoy sitting in their caves, getting fucked up and being totally unproductive and anti-life. All i can say is enjoy the bats in your caves! I guess they taste good.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm probably going to wear a mask too when I go to see them just because there's so many people there, although I hope most of them are vaccinated. 

But if youre vaccinated then why are you bothered if anyone else is or not!? You do know that vaccinated so still spread and catch it don’t you 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

13 hours ago, agustingloger said:

ISE and BROWNSTONE are the "non hits" greater GNR songs to me. They should be played every show. But just My opinion

Yeah. While SCOM, NR and PC for me easily could go. Wouldn't dampen the enjoyment of the show for me. But no ISE and Brownstone? Fuck no.