North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

Just now, Stress Fracture said:

SCOM is the song they all look 100% bored of. Maybe the break will revive it a little but it’s barely even a crowd pleaser anymore when performed with such apathy.

Hell, I'm bored of HEARING it, and I've heard it a fraction of the times they have! I always skip it now, or if I hear it on something like the radio I'll turn it off! 

• Like 1

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yeah, i can't stand SCOM anymore, lol.

Saw some big fat cretin singing it out of the window of a white van the other day and the sight depressed me so much! I just thought 'ladies and gentlemen, that's the status of my favourite band of all time now- one/two hit kareoke singalongs for thick people'. 

Then I felt a bit arrogant for judging him......but I'm 99 per cent sure he was actually a moron as he was doing it to try and harass a couple of girls. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

SCOM is the song they all look 100% bored of. Maybe the break will revive it a little but it’s barely even a crowd pleaser anymore when performed with such apathy.

If the setlist was up to me, I'd drop all the huge radio hits and replace them with deeper album tracks. SCOM is my beer/pissbreak song, but the crowd went wild at every show I've attended when they played it. They are bored out of their minds on that song, but fans like me/us make up about 10-15% of their crowds and people show up for that and a half dozen other songs unfortunately. 

17 hours ago, slim26 said:

I just scanned the article, but I saw no suggestion of masks being required in an outdoor stadium next week.

There article was mostly for context. I heard the rumor from a friend of mine who works for the NJ state. Here's another article for more context where it says Murphy is thinking about it: https://nj1015.com/nj-gov-murphy-ponders-mask-mandates-after-new-cdc-guidance/

Again, just pondering. I have no clue what will happen. Just thinking, hypothetically, a mask mandate comes and the three NJ shows are already underselling pretty significantly it could just be another blow. 

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'd be so happy if they slimmed KOHD back down to Ritz length. Lean, mean, crowd loved machine. 

Yup that would be great.. I could take a slightly extended solo from Slash. in the middle.  Would love to see Axl bring the Hey Hey Hey Heys back and ditch the little Mickey ooooh ooooh ooohs he does now too. They sound terrible.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoBucky said:

If the setlist was up to me, I'd drop all the huge radio hits and replace them with deeper album tracks. SCOM is my beer/pissbreak song, but the crowd went wild at every show I've attended when they played it. They are bored out of their minds on that song, but fans like me/us make up about 10-15% of their crowds and people show up for that and a half dozen other songs unfortunately. 

Yes, the crowd eats that song up.  I like it too. I would never seek the song out these days but it is still one of the greatest songs of all time.. I will never get sick of seeing Slash play it live..

• Like 1

Not going to reply to any specific but if you have the vaccine you shouldn't worry about anyone elses business. If you have the vaccine and get it you almost certainly not going to have any serious symptoms if any at all.  Your chances of getting it are miniscule anyway. In the off chance you are vaccinated and still get it and worried about spreding to your loved ones, then your loved ones should get vaccinated.  Anyone that doesn't get vaccinated is accepting the risk and it is on them if they get really sick.  The vaccine is out there and easily obtainable for everyone that is worried about getting Covid. Everyone should respect eachothers choices on this.. It also isn't a politcal thing. I know plenty of people on both sides that haven't gotten the vaccine and plenty on both sides that have.. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not going to reply to any specific but if you have the vaccine you shouldn't worry about anyone elses business. If you have the vaccine and get it you almost certainly not going to have any serious symptoms if any at all.  Your chances of getting it are miniscule anyway. In the off chance you are vaccinated and still get it and worried about spreding to your loved ones, then your loved ones should get vaccinated.  Anyone that doesn't get vaccinated is accepting the risk and it is on them if they get really sick.  The vaccine is out there and easily obtainable for everyone that is worried about getting Covid. Everyone should respect eachothers choices on this.. It also isn't a politcal thing. I know plenty of people on both sides that haven't gotten the vaccine and plenty on both sides that have.. 

this all makes sense unless you have kids who aren’t vaccinated yet. Every person not vaccinated isnt necessarily by choice, it’s just not their age range yet. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Some would contend that refusing to get vaccinated is not being respectful of others.

But to bring the topic back to GnR, I dread the inevitable ZZ Top cover coming our way.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 2

Just now, Powderfinger said:

this all makes sense unless you have kids who aren’t vaccinated yet. Every person not vaccinated isnt necessarily by choice, it’s just not their age range yet. 

That is a very good point and I 100% understand peopel looking out for their kids.. All I can say about that is aisde from a few exceptions kids hardly get sick from Covid if at all. 

4 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Some would contend that refusing to get vaccinated is not being respectful of others.

But to bring the topic back to GnR, I dread the inevitable ZZ Top cover coming our way.

I think a ZZ Top cover could be cool as long as they don't do it the whole tour.. But knowing Gn'R they will almost certainly pick La Grange or some other overplayed predicatble song.. I can see Slash jamming that in his solo spot which I wouldn't mind..

As for unvaccinated being not being respectful to others.. If the others are vaccinated they should have to worry about them. If the others aren't vaccinated, it is on them.. 

3 hours ago, nycgunner said:

He’s bothered because the crazy, uneducated anti-vaccination conspiracy theorists are spreading the newer, far more contagious delta variant. Vaccines aren’t as effective against it in terms of preventing infection. They prevent seriously illness from delta, for the most part, but folks don’t want a virus and don’t want to spread it to their loved ones 

It’s hard to understand why this needs to be explained 

Yes actually, people like you quote this stuff like it’s a fact when all you’re doing is regurgitating the stuff you’re being told by people you should know better than to trust.

A little research paints a very different story, and it’s not conspiracies, the fact that any other doctors, scientists or virologists saying very different things to the mainstream doctors and scientists get deplatformed and silenced should alarm you just a little bit. The fact it doesn’t is a worry.

Dont worry though, they’ll be a vaccine passport for you to keep updated shortly, and when they expires and they want you to take another vaccine and another and another to keep it updated you may just start to wake up a little.

If you think that a vaccine is more important than good living, healthy eating and exercise then you need help.

And the fact they never mention anything about healthy living and exercise and taking vitamins etc it’s all about the vaccine tells you a lot to. But crack on, take that shot, and then another………..

Just now, nycgunner said:

Generally respect your opinions (and enjoy reading them) on here and the Aerosmith board, man, but disagreeing here. I am beyond frustrated with the attitude of “you do you” on this vaccination. Anti-vaxers are prolonging this virus and giving it time and possibilities to mutate into something worse (which it has).  We would have never beat polio with this type of low-grade thinking.  Agree it’s not a political thing. It’s a common sense thing. It can be a selfless thing. 

There are people in the hospital because of breakthroughs (folks who are vaccinated but still got it). The folks that are refusing the vaccine put everyone in their orbit at risk. It’s insanely selfish, and puts many others at risk, particularly those who have a weak immune system and who are older.  These vaccines aren’t 100% effective and it’s time for people to step the fuck up and do their part 

It’s not polio or yellow fever or malaria ffs 🤦‍♂️ it’s a coronavirus, you know, comes under the same umbrella as a cold. Remember colds and the flu!? They used to exist before covid 🤦‍♂️🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Paulywauly said:

Yes actually, people like you quote this stuff like it’s a fact when all you’re doing is regurgitating the stuff you’re being told by people you should know better than to trust.

A little research paints a very different story, and it’s not conspiracies, the fact that any other doctors, scientists or virologists saying very different things to the mainstream doctors and scientists get deplatformed and silenced should alarm you just a little bit. The fact it doesn’t is a worry.

Dont worry though, they’ll be a vaccine passport for you to keep updated shortly, and when they expires and they want you to take another vaccine and another and another to keep it updated you may just start to wake up a little.

If you think that a vaccine is more important than good living, healthy eating and exercise then you need help.

And the fact they never mention anything about healthy living and exercise and taking vitamins etc it’s all about the vaccine tells you a lot to. But crack on, take that shot, and then another………..

It’s not polio or yellow fever or malaria ffs 🤦‍♂️ it’s a coronavirus, you know, comes under the same umbrella as a cold. Remember colds and the flu!? They used to exist before covid 🤦‍♂️🤣 

I feel sorry for you. Don’t remember a flu that killed 600k in America, millions worldwide, in a year (and only after massive, brutal lockdowns)

Good luck to you. Hope you don’t get sick and, more importantly, don’t get others sick. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

I feel sorry for you. Don’t remember a flu that killed 600k in America, millions worldwide, in a year (and only after massive, brutal lockdowns)

Good luck to you. Hope you don’t get sick and, more importantly, don’t get others sick. 

Again, a little research tells you a very different story as to how many people have actually died of Covid! Clues in the wording, over here in the UK it’s any death within 28 days of a positive covid test goes down as a covid death.

Fall off the roof of your house and die within 28 days of positive covid test, you died of covid! And that’s just one example of very many.

Same over in the US, dying with something is different if dying of something, also most healthy people are at no risk of it, they’ve vaccinated the elderly and the vulnerable, time to crack on! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

to be fair who knows how many the flu would kill without the flu shot out there. There have been recent years when it killed 50,000 people.  Now that the Covid vaccine is out it isn't killing 600k a year.  At Covid's current death rate with the vaccine, the yearly deaths are projected to be 110,000.  Which sucks but 95% of those will be the unvaccinated.

4 minutes ago, slim26 said:

And now that this thread has become completely derailed ... Murphy is not going to cancel this show next week. 

Apologies, didn’t mean to contribute to derailing. Hoping for an excellent, fun, and healthy time at GNR. Hope Axl fucking brings it

• Like 4