North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

4 minutes ago, slim26 said:

And now that this thread has become completely derailed ... Murphy is not going to cancel this show next week. 

Apologies, didn’t mean to contribute to derailing. Hoping for an excellent, fun, and healthy time at GNR. Hope Axl fucking brings it

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nycgunner said:

He’s bothered because the crazy, uneducated anti-vaccination conspiracy theorists are spreading the newer, far more contagious delta variant. Vaccines aren’t as effective against it in terms of preventing infection. They prevent seriously illness from delta, for the most part, but folks don’t want a virus and don’t want to spread it to their loved ones 

It’s hard to understand why this needs to be explained 

Spot on.

• Like 1

Let’s keep it on subject and not turn this into another COVID debate thread, okay? Obviously discussing whether or not potential mask mandates impact ticket sales is one thing, but we don’t need to be debating the efficacy of vaccinations in here. 

• Like 4

I predict one new song  Friday night . Also some rarer UYI songs. The new song will get them headlines on Blabbermouth, Loudwire, Rolling Stone etc. Will that be enough to sell some tickets for the rest of the tour? Who knows but it couldn't hurt. While I won't post the set updates,I plan to be at the park all day Saturday so maybe I'll post a pic with Frank! 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Stryker said:

Some would contend that refusing to get vaccinated is not being respectful of others.

But to bring the topic back to GnR, I dread the inevitable ZZ Top cover coming our way.

I doubt that. Maybe Axl will dedicate KOHD to the members of ZZ Top, Cinderella and Slipknot that just passed but I don't think there's that strong of a connection between Gn'R and ZZ Top for them to bust out Sharp Dressed Man on three days notice. 

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I The new song will get them headlines on Blabbermouth, Loudwire, Rolling Stone etc. Will that be enough to sell some tickets for the rest of the tour? 

I doubt it.. I am sure there will be a ton of interest but Axl will probably look and sound terrible.. It is unfortunate because it will be posted everywhere...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I doubt that. Maybe Axl will dedicate KOHD to the members of ZZ Top, Cinderella and Slipknot that just passed but I don't think there's that strong of a connection between Gn'R and ZZ Top for them to bust out Sharp Dressed Man on three days notice. 

ZZ Top opened for them at a show a few years ago I think, and Slash hung out with BFG.

Edited by MaskingApathy

Well, GNR probably wouldn't play a Slipknot cover because Corey told a ridiculously embellished story in a radio interview a few years back about how he went to the Boston 2002 show, GNR had breakdancers on during Jungle and he walked out during Axl's 15-minute piano solo. And then later ( I guess this would have been 2006) he put his nutsack on Axl's piano at a festival. But I'm sure they were on better terms with ZZ Top.

32 minutes ago, prez said:

Well, GNR probably wouldn't play a Slipknot cover because Corey told a ridiculously embellished story in a radio interview a few years back about how he went to the Boston 2002 show, GNR had breakdancers on during Jungle and he walked out during Axl's 15-minute piano solo. And then later ( I guess this would have been 2006) he put his nutsack on Axl's piano at a festival. But I'm sure they were on better terms with ZZ Top.

Weiland wasn't Axl's biggest fan either. Either way I don't expect cover songs of the bands who just had members pass recently.

Apparently they cover songs by deceased artists they (or Axl specifically) have been fans of.  As for Slither, I suppose Axl sang it as a gesture to Slash and Duff and also because he likes it as a song.

I haven't heard anything about Axl being a Slipknot fan (thankfully). Maybe Slash will do a guitar tribute to ZZ Top.

I’ll hold out a little hope there will be some changes. Mostly based on Meegans post. I’ll stick my neck out and say 3-5 songs will be added. 

(I have NO reason to believe this and am braced for the same old same old with Axl sounding possibly worse) 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, prez said:

Corey had Nice words about axl recently ... When he was at the throne

2 hours ago, prez said:

Plus Slash said no to Corey being in VR.

10 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Axl might actually sound good on La Grange

With all that's happening, it's crazy to think that in just a few days a new GNR tour will launch.  I haven't been following the endless tours of the same thing since I saw them in 2016 but would definitely be excited now.  I hope people have fun.

Remember - exercise daily, eat well and don't be obese - and you have a fighting chance of surviving anything life throws at you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I predict one new song  Friday night . Also some rarer UYI songs. The new song will get them headlines on Blabbermouth, Loudwire, Rolling Stone etc. Will that be enough to sell some tickets for the rest of the tour? Who knows but it couldn't hurt. While I won't post the set updates,I plan to be at the park all day Saturday so maybe I'll post a pic with Frank! 

This would be a good result imo, and not unrealistic.

But the thing I can't understand is, if they are going to play a new song, why wouldn't they announce/play/release it before the tour??

A new song would undoubtedly sell a few more tickets (even just through sheer exposure). 

6 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

This would be a good result imo, and not unrealistic.

But the thing I can't understand is, if they are going to play a new song, why wouldn't they announce/play/release it before the tour??

A new song would undoubtedly sell a few more tickets (even just through sheer exposure). 

Probably because if they don't say anything beforehand then play a new song unannounced at the show all the music media sites will be all over it, maybe more than if they just released a single before playing it. It would create bigger buzz.

Debuting the first “new” GNR song with Axl and Slash since 1991 live would be a disastrous call. Even if the studio version is great, that’s going to be YouTube’s first impression of it. And it would be everywhere.

So if that’s the plan, we damn sure better wake up to a studio single streaming it’s ass off. Which, of course, means neither will happen tomorrow.  Cuz GNR.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1