North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Weird that they've seemed to have dropped PTU & TAY when Axl actually sounded decent on those during the soundcheck last year.

Maybe they did those yesterday?

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Ah yeah that’s probably him saying “ay, ay, ay” over and over during the new bridge. But it’s Duff and Melissa singing “too Hardschool.”

Maybe more vocals have been added at that spot.

3 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

I'd be interested to hear how the song initially came together. The versions that surfaced in 2019 very obviously a bit different sonically and performance wise but the basic song wasn't miles away from what I imagine a post Illusion band might have worked on

Hearing it played by this lineup just adds to the notion that the song goes way back.

Remember there was that "Jackie Chan" chat...

Yeah, a big part of the reason I want them to play it is hoping that Axl tells the story of it.

7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Weird that they've seemed to have dropped PTU & TAY when Axl actually sounded decent on those during the soundcheck last year.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah that’s a shame. I was looking forward to both of those.

Maybe they did them yesterday?

I think there's a chance it is finally going to be played. It seemed like it a serious focus for the 2020 tour before it was postponed, along with being heavily rumoured for a while. They have rehearsed this *a lot* to never play it. It may not be tomorrow but I imagine that it'll be this tour with how much work it seems the band has put into it. Also, keep in mind Axl was present at last year's rehearsal for it, something that we haven't seen from the alt tracks like Oh My God.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

48 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think there's a chance it is finally going to be played. It seemed like it a serious focus for the 2020 tour before it was postponed, along with being heavily rumoured for a while. They have rehearsed this *a lot* to never play it. It may not be tomorrow but I imagine that it'll be this tour with how much work it seems the band has put into it. Also, keep in mind Axl was present at last year's rehearsal for it, something that we haven't seen from the alt tracks like Oh My God.

I think the band had intent on playing it last year and probably releasing it as a single or whatever and the pandemic there everything out of wack.  Whatever they had planned for last year probably is going to happen sooner than later.

1 hour ago, Alanzata100 said:

So if they play HS, do you guys think the band will release it officially?

Yes

20 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I think the band had intent on playing it last year and probably releasing it as a single or whatever and the pandemic there everything out of wack.  Whatever they had planned for last year probably is going to happen sooner than later.

I think so too. How soon though, no one knows.

3 hours ago, Alanzata100 said:

So if they play HS, do you guys think the band will release it officially?

Yes. I believe its a new single?... although there is no evidence that they have been in the studio together (?), But modern technology allows recording separately. Slash may have recorded guitar parts in his own studio and Axl may have recorded vocal parts in his own studio... etc. etc.

20 minutes ago, aleksir94 said:

Yes. I believe its a new single?... although there is no evidence that they have been in the studio together (?), But modern technology allows recording separately. Slash may have recorded guitar parts in his own studio and Axl may have recorded vocal parts in his own studio... etc. etc.

I mean there was no evidence at the time that they were in the studio for SOYL but they did that so they've probably done more recording otherwise.

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

agreed.. is there any slide on the other versions?

Nope, it's mainly Robin's lead. Didn't sound to me as a proper solo, but mainly something to follow Axl's singing.

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I give a fuck. I am that kind of fan who likes to hear new music from my band. What kind of fan are you? 

Me too. I don't get why people feel the urge to be upset when there's sign that the band actually will make something positive.

• GNFNR 1