North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

53 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Would you pay the extra $200 for a distancing circle if Izzy and Steven replaced Richard and Frank for the AFD songs?  I'd have to think about it!

If they had Izzy and Steve for all the songs I’d actually pay to go - as opposed to not going at all which is what I’d be doing otherwise.

I’d then pay extra if they didnt have anyone else on stage, then pay more if guaranteed no covers, even more if they promised not to play November Rain, Estranged or anything from CD, even more if they guaranteed the show wouldn’t be longer than 2 hrs, more again if there was no additional production requiring them to play along in synch to, and finally even more if Axl got in shape and could sing properly.

Looking back it seems I’d pay quite a bit for them to put on a cheaper, shorter and easier production - because I know I’d enjoy it a lot more.

6 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Would you pay the extra $200 for a distancing circle if Izzy and Steven replaced Richard and Frank for the AFD songs?  I'd have to think about it!

Guaranteed appearance then I'd pay 200-250 max. Still have to contend with what state Axl is in.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I could live with that! Though I'd prefer Bucket added and Frank replaced by Brain.

3 gtrs again, very controversial! But It would be funny to hear Richard completely change his tune on Bucket or even Bumble IF they were brought back into the band (not happening obviously).

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

3 gtrs again, very controversial! But It would be funny to hear Richard completely change his tune on Bucket or even Bumble IF they were brought back into the band (not happening obviously).

Haha that would be a bit awkward for Richard. He does seem to handle the Bucket and Bumble parts well playing with the NITL lineup. 

13 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

It is even too late for that.. It would have been awesome in 2016 when everyone was excited and Axl wasn't as terrible..

• Like 1

Bucket ain't ever coming back to the band, but I'd love to see the opportunity for him and Slash to play together on stage in some context.  The 3 guitar attack kind of line-up is cool, but almost too bloated, even for songs that actually use that many guitars in it.  I think the only way to progress the band forward at this point is either going for the Appetite 5 with Dizzy and Melissa, or putting together again some form of the Chinese lineup to finish what they started.

My "fantasy" GNR lineup would be a Bucket touring band featuring Axl Rose.  :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is even too late for that.. It would have been awesome in 2016 when everyone was excited and Axl wasn't as terrible..

Should have been done in 2017, as part of the AFD anniversary.

They could have done 2 shows, because thats all Axl would have wanted to do, to be "accomodating' to the fans. Most likely one in NYC andf the other in LA.

AFD back to front and maybe some of the stuff on Lies included.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Interesting to see how the reported news that Australia plans to keep it's borders closed for the rest of 2021, regardless of vaccine rollout, comes into play. Might put the dampeners on the GNR dates there.....

GNR will be the first major band to tour here should they tour here.

Im wondering if there will be any quarentine for the band on their arrival or whether they will be required to get the jab before flying over and prove they have had it, as a means to tour.

Edited by Sydney Fan

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Interesting to see how the reported news that Australia plans to keep it's borders closed for the rest of 2021, regardless of vaccine rollout, comes into play. Might put the dampeners on the GNR dates there.....

Why is that? We have just had hundreds of tennis players from all around the world enter Australia into Melbourne to play the Australian open. If sport can do it then so too can international bands one would think?

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

They could have done 2 shows, because thats all Axl would have wanted to do, to be "accomodating' to the fans. Most likely one in NYC andf the other in LA.

I agree, could've done that at the Apollo show too.

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

GNR will be the first major band to tour here should they tour here.

Im wondering if there will be any quarentine for the band on their arrival or whether they will be required to get the jab before flying over and prove they have had it, as a means to tour.

I think they could have an issue if they need to quarantine with the 'going put of Australia then coming back in' bit. Be interesting to see what happens for sure. 

5 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Why is that? We have just had hundreds of tennis players from all around the world enter Australia into Melbourne to play the Australian open. If sport can do it then so too can international bands one would think?

I heard about that- didn't it cause some public anger? Did they have to quarantine? 

I look at Australia's handling of the pandemic with envy. They seem to have done it very well- the polar opposite of the truly dismal handling of it in the UK. 

51 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I heard about that- didn't it cause some public anger? Did they have to quarantine? 

I look at Australia's handling of the pandemic with envy. They seem to have done it very well- the polar opposite of the truly dismal handling of it in the UK. 

Yep the players arecquarenting at the moment.

There has been some players against quarenting and liking it to jail. Then there is novak djovorak with his list of demands that were wanted, which the authorities said no.

We have handled it well, Australia being an island country and closing our international borders when we did (except for supply chains) has been our advantage.

Coildnt beleive bojo didnt do any of the above.

Just now, Sydney Fan said:

Yep the players arecquarenting at the moment.

There has been some players against quarenting and liking it to jail. Then there is novak djovorak with his list of demands that were wanted, which the authorities said no.

We have handled it well, Australia being an island country and closing our international borders when we did (except for supply chains) has been our advantage.

Coildnt beleive bojo didnt do any of the above.

Ah ok. That sort of thing is definitely easier for tennis players than it would be for a touring band with all their crew...and if they do have to do it there's no way they could leave the country then come back and do that one Perth show. 

The guy is at best incompetent, but more likely willfully negligent. Racist, sexist, homophobe liar who shouldn't be leading a dog, let alone a country. As an island, we let people come here throughout lockdowns, on holiday, without even testing! We're in our third national lockdown here, the death rate rises every day, hospitals are full, the economy is trashed, unemployment is ridiculous.....all because the 'great' people of the UK elected a man unfit for office. Our very own little Donald!

Ah, I'll have to leave it there- I could go on about this all day. Just glad you're doing better out there. I look at what Australia are doing with interest. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

They would NEVER EVER bring another lead guitar for this line up! Gilby, Izzy, maybe Ashba (which would never really fit with the line up).

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Ah ok. That sort of thing is definitely easier for tennis players than it would be for a touring band with all their crew...and if they do have to do it there's no way they could leave the country then come back and do that one Perth show. 

The guy is at best incompetent, but more likely willfully negligent. Racist, sexist, homophobe liar who shouldn't be leading a dog, let alone a country. As an island, we let people come here throughout lockdowns, on holiday, without even testing! We're in our third national lockdown here, the death rate rises every day, hospitals are full, the economy is trashed, unemployment is ridiculous.....all because the 'great' people of the UK elected a man unfit for office. Our very own little Donald!

Ah, I'll have to leave it there- I could go on about this all day. Just glad you're doing better out there. I look at what Australia are doing with interest. 

Yeah we've had the same here. After tomorrow we'll have Biden though so hopefully things will change soon.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 3:43 AM, Gnrcane said:

If Axl sounded like he did in 2016, without a question hell yeah!  Otherwise, what was a sure thing would get me second guessing whether it would be a once in a lifetime event or a "well this would be amazing if this was 10 years ago" thing lol

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah we've had the same here. After tomorrow we'll have Biden though so hopefully things will change soon.

Yep, totally. A good day for you guys tomorrow, with some definite progress for the future and a bit of hope. We definitely need a bit of that over here! 

Still can't see the GNR shows happening though, just to get back on topic! Haha! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

That would have been a NITL Blu Ray I would have been interested in too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That would have been a NITL Blu Ray I would have been interested in too.

I have no clue how they could release a blu-ray or live album without it being completely exposed as doctored. They've put all of these NITL Selects videos out there so people know how awful the whole band sounds, not just Axl. 

My guess is we MIGHT get some sort of UYI reissue this year at the very most. 

• Like 1