North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

26 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Good since Texas had no concert dates.

I hope all concerts are pushed back until 2022.  GNR always sells out in any Texas city, so I'm pretty sure poor sales is due to the covid virus. Better safe than sorry especially when Texas is lifting the mask mandate.

Poor ticket sales happened well before Covid though. They were on sale a long time before Covid reared it's head....

Sure, the pandemic hasn't helped them pick up, but there are many reasons for the fact a lot of these dates have sold alarmingly few tickets. I'm hopeful that message will be heeded, and changes made, but I fear Covid can be used as convenient excuse as it was for the axing of many of the Europe dates. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wow. Surprised by that! I thought Covid was still running wild over there and the rates were still incredibly high? 

Texas and Mississippi are Republican run states, Republicans destroy everything and than blame everyone else when the things mess up as a result and essentially make everyone else pay for their screw ups 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, k12 said:

Texas and Mississippi are Republican run states, Republicans destroy everything and than blame everyone else when the things mess up as a result and essentially make everyone else pay for their screw ups 

Sounds like the Democratic party too. Just look at any major city. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

The major cities with all of the economic output?   Those ones?  ; )

On topic - if every adult can be vaccinated by end of May, then maybe there is hope for some of these summer dates - at least ones held outdoors.  

I kept tickets for GnR and Aerosmith.  Hope to see those shows, but COVID needs to be over first!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Ha yes because those cities are essentially funding the Republican states who drag this country down,  go look at the places that take in the most federal tax dollars while paying the least, and not to mention the Republican states who have no gun restrictions and those guns wind up on the black market in major cities which increase the gun violence 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Well they certainly don't turn into discussions about what GNR are doing, because they never do anything! 

What excuse is there lol even during the lockdowns they can't do anything new  lol what else is there to do 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, k12 said:

Ha yes because those cities are essentially funding the Republican states who drag this country down,  go look at the places that take in the most federal tax dollars while paying the least, and not to mention the Republican states who have no gun restrictions and those guns wind up on the black market in major cities which increase the gun violence 

Yeah, blame the states with liberal gun control (liberal by definition, as in fewer restrictions) for issues the cities have, rather than tackling the root of the problems associated with violence in major cities. (Which I don't have an answer for, it's their problem)

And don't tell me states have no gun restrictions. The last few firearms I obtained required submission of my photo, fingerprints, a lengthy waiting period and registration with the BATFE along with a tax. It's federal, so no states are exempt from that process. I'm into the exotic shit that prompts all of the NFA process. I even had to write my AG my intent to acquire/build whatever. 

For some perspective, I live in Michigan, a rural area in MI, mostly middle class in my immediate area. Almost no to very little crime, and firearms of all kinds everywhere. As you probably know, Michigan is a swing state, the west and north are mostly conservative, the east is mostly democratic. Michigan is a state (the last time I checked) that gives more than it receives from a federal standpoint. These days, we are a pretty gun friendly state too, with the exception of pistol registration and the requirement for a license to carry concealed pistols.  We have come a long way since I was an adult. Before, you used to have to take a stupid quiz a child could pass to obtain a "pistol purchase permit" and at one time you even had to physically bring the pistol into the police station for an inspection upon registration. At that time, suppressors and short barreled rifles were not legal in the state. In time, that all changed. Now all weapons regulated under the National Firearms Act are legal, provided all federal laws are followed. I made a video that touches on the subject of the NFA.

Edited by Sweersa

On 3/3/2021 at 8:27 AM, gt72 said:

Texas and Mississippi lifting restrictions and allowing full capacity at events starting March 10.Idk sounds a bit premature but maybe, possibly other states will follow in the coming months in time for a Summer tour 

Yeah that's a bad idea, and there's not going to be any summer tour.

I suspect that the that rollback of COVID-19 preventive measures will more or less resemble the technology adoption life cycle (Technology adoption life cycle - Wikipedia)

DiffusionOfInnovation.png

• innovators – Florida, Texas maybe
  • early adopters – 
  • early majority – 
  • late majority – 
  • laggards – (California, New York I suspect
Edited by Spike Killer

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I'm pretty sure that the only shows that will happen this year is the Australia and NZ ones, maybe one or two rescheduled EU dates but probably not.

they won't move such a huge production for 2 dates..

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/4/2021 at 1:52 PM, StayofExecution2020 said:

People who think guns make life safer are not really smart

You've obviously never lived in a rural area.  What are you going to do if somebody enters your property or home and the sheriff is a half hour or more away?

It's unlikely for police to respond fast enough in a situation like that in an urban area.  There is no chance in a rural area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:41 AM, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah that's a bad idea, and there's not going to be any summer tour.

Biden's teleprompter told us that there would be enough vaccine doses for every adult that wants to be vaccinated by the end of May.  If that is true, why wouldn't there be a summer tour in the US?  No dates are planned until the middle of July.

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Biden's teleprompter told us that there would be enough vaccine doses for every adult that wants to be vaccinated by the end of May.  If that is true, why wouldn't there be a summer tour in the US?

Because the anti-vax nutjob population is potentially still too large at that point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Biden's teleprompter told us that there would be enough vaccine doses for every adult that wants to be vaccinated by the end of May.  If that is true, why wouldn't there be a summer tour in the US?  No dates are planned until the middle of July.

2 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

Because the anti-vax nutjob population is potentially still too large at that point.

That's one reason.

6 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Because nobody knows how it will work. It's said that it doesn't really stop you from getting it and/or spreading it. I guess it's a waiting game now, and they don't wanna book anything just to eventually cancel it again and frustrate people even more. 

• Like 1