North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

16 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Probably not, because a 30% show isn't going to cover the costs of putting on the show.

Well March 1, Governor Murphy announced 15% attendance at outdoor venue. I actually brought this up on March 1 in this forum. It's now March 30th and he doubled the capacity. We shall se where things go in the next couple of months. I think there might be a possibility now of having a show at MetLife Stadium. 

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Exactly this, if they play a venue that's supposed to have 80000 and they play to what 23/24000 people, they either have to sell tickets at an insane price to cover costs or decide to take the financial hit on their side. Fans taking the hit seems more likely in any scenario like that. 

I did post back in March 1 that it was 15% attendance. Now it's at 30%. I think there will be a possibility of a show at MetLife. If the vaccine rollout is continues to improve, the capacity will be raised.

Just one thing I noticed. Some people took my comment yesterday for their own purpose. Let's see where things stand before making assumptions on if the concert will actually be  postponed. I think there is now a slim possibility of it happening.  

• Like 1

I swore not to travel for GN'R anymore... BUT... I might just have to combine some of those later dates with a Europe roadtrip! 

Sweden Rock Festival is a must for me as well. Cheap and disgusting beer at 9 in the morning in a tent on a rainy field with not much more than 3 hours of sleep in me, thought I'd never miss that... But alas that's what this pandemic has done to me :lol:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I swore not to travel for GN'R anymore... BUT... I might just have to combine some of those later dates with a Europe roadtrip! 

Sweden Rock Festival is a must for me as well. Cheap and disgusting beer at 9 in the morning in a tent on a rainy field with not much more than 3 hours of sleep in me, thought I'd never miss that... But alas that's what this pandemic has done to me :lol:

Yeah. Me too. But then again, I've been looking forward to travel again. Might as well do it with a gig. I still have a ticket for Aerosmith in Portugal (which kinda was to be combined with Faith no More, which fell flat), now I could combine that with GNR. Same for Queen + Adam Lambert. On the way down to Bologna I could pick up GNR in Milan. Just not too keen to pick up tickets now. Who knows what will happen between now and then?

Would love to go back to Sweden Rock (also to beat the damn ticket prices). Unfortunately, wrong date. Loved it there.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

On a side note, I wonder if the tour still will be branded as NITL when it returns? From what I've seen they are only calling it North American Tour, European Tour etc.

But then again, the 2019 NA dates where branded as 2019 North American Tour but still part of NITL.

Gary Clark Jr. as a special guest is awesome too! I’m tempted to go to some gigs but I’ll wait for the NA leg and ANZ leg to see, if the bands‘ performance is at least bearable and whether or not the setlist is interesting enough 

12 minutes ago, Lio said:

Groningen? I didn't even know that was a concert venue. I wonder if  @username has anything to do with that.

It's in the Stadspark. 50.000 people. I'm not going to purchase any tickets anymore, unless there is a nice surprise (new album, new songs, godlike Axl performance). So, will wait and see until the tour begins. 

• Like 1