North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Much safer bet you could be money down with flights etc if shows don't happen 

Don't know if I am naive, optimistic or realistic but I do believe Summer/Fall'21 will kill Covid-19.
(But it won't be the first time I was wrong regarding the damn virus)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stryker said:

With Summerfest postponed to September, DC is looking like it could be start of tour.

It was just announced that capacity at Nats Park (venue), could go up immediately to 25% for baseball. Obviously there are some differences for concerts, but they could easily add seating to GA if necessary. All that to say; the needle continues to move slowly towards this NA tour being feasible....but there’s still a long way to go.

Too bad GNR have no manager to give fans an update on the outlook for the NA tour. Would really come in handy.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:13 AM, Spike Killer said:

Can you imagine though what would happen the first time Paradise City wasn't the last song played?  I'm sure there's more than just me that like to skate out while the last song is in progress to beat the traffic (1 minute vs 60+ to get out).   It would be a mega bummer to miss the majority of the show.

I’ve been forced to leave GNR early in 2006 at MSG because I had to catch the train back home and sucked to miss the part of the concert.

42 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Too bad GNR have no manager to give fans an update on the outlook for the NA tour. Would really come in handy.

It would be nice to be provided with any details about live performances this summer, but I think everything is up in the air and nobody really knows. Isn’t GNR the only huge act to even have live dates for this summer? 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 10:11 PM, avahland said:

50.000 tickets available so no need for pre sale I think.

Groningen sold out within 24 hours, covid makes people desperate it seems lol :blink:

This venue is like a 10 minute walk from my home but I'm not forking over any money to this band untill I hear some new music.

22 minutes ago, grouse said:

Groningen sold out within 24 hours, covid makes people desperate it seems lol :blink:

This venue is like a 10 minute walk from my home but I'm not forking over any money to this band untill I hear some new music.

Sold out  ???? :o
Within 24 hours ??? :o:o:o

Covid made us nuts I guess :lol::headbang:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, grouse said:

Doubt that it sold out already. They probably didn’t release all of the tickets at once and will release more later on 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

It would be nice to be provided with any details about live performances this summer, but I think everything is up in the air and nobody really knows. Isn’t GNR the only huge act to even have live dates for this summer? 

Pretty much. If they wait a year they risk being overwhelmed by all the other acts. 

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Seriously, what the hell are you even talking about??

Best case scenario with this band would be to see them return with Brain back to replace Frank on drums, and add Buckethead back as one of the lead guitarists.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Christ Stapleton just announced a wave of new and rescheduled shows. Interestingly these include a July 30th date in New Hampshire at a large pavilion as well as a slew in August across the country.

These are LiveNation shows. Of course they can be rescheduled, but I think it’s a good sign.

2 hours ago, Stryker said:

Christ Stapleton just announced a wave of new and rescheduled shows. Interestingly these include a July 30th date in New Hampshire at a large pavilion as well as a slew in August across the country.

These are LiveNation shows. Of course they can be rescheduled, but I think it’s a good sign.

Thank you for the update.

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

NYC is going to host the Frieze art fair next month and tribeca film festival. I think the odds of the GnR show at MetLife stadium in early August are pretty good

Most people I know now have gotten their first vaccine shot. 

I've been thinking that since Governor Murphy raised attendance to 30% at the end of March for outdoor venues. He has now hinted at further reopenings. Hospitalizations are going down. More people are being vaccinated. My childhood friend and I are  fully vaccinated. I also know that some of my cohorts in the part time MBA program at Montclair State  are also fully vaccinated.

I can definitely see this happening at MetLife Stadium. 

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I've been thinking that since Governor Murphy raised attendance to 30% at the end of March for outdoor venues. He has now hinted at further reopenings. Hospitalizations are going down. More people are being vaccinated. My childhood friend and I are  fully vaccinated. I also know that some of my cohorts in the part time MBA program at Montclair State  are also fully vaccinated.

I can definitely see this happening at MetLife Stadium. 

Agree. Just got an email for Jon Bon Jovi storytellers in Miami in June. Limited attendance. But interesting that he’s doing that 

46 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Agree. Just got an email for Jon Bon Jovi storytellers in Miami in June. Limited attendance. But interesting that he’s doing that 

Better for him to tell a story than to actually sing. :lol: Yeah. I know, a GNR fan shouldn't talk, but I feel he's even worse nowaday.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Better for him to tell a story than to actually sing. :lol: Yeah. I know, a GNR fan shouldn't talk, but I feel he's even worse nowaday.

I saw him in 2018 and thought it was a good performance. That said, I don’t have an ear for JBJ like I do for Axl. 

I suppose it’s a good sign things are moving. That said not sure I’ll be comfortable at a show immediately. Although with pit tickets still available for MetLife, there might be social distancing regardless!

Edited by nycgunner