North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

I saw him in 2018 and thought it was a good performance. That said, I don’t have an ear for JBJ like I do for Axl. 

I suppose it’s a good sign things are moving. That said not sure I’ll be comfortable at a show immediately. Although with pit tickets still available for MetLife, there might be social distancing regardless!

I saw some videos from 2019, alerted by someone who just saw them and it sounded horrible, only saved by the band and audience singing along.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I saw some videos from 2019, alerted by someone who just saw them and it sounded horrible, only saved by the band and audience singing along.

He’s a great songwriter, though. One of the best rock song writers. 

On 4/6/2021 at 3:06 PM, Sweersa said:

I highly doubt my Detroit, MI July 2021 show will happen at this point, that's only 3 or so months away. Who knows...

I like how for the tour posters they keep changing the year on the shield. 2020-2022. 

Who thinks we will have a new album by the end by 2022?

What a joke.

Very unlikely on every count. 

Those shows might go ahead under rules like 50% capacity? Can't see that being fun or profitable though for fans, promoter or the band.

Just heard the Korn guys say how they wrote a whole new record and they were all scattered in different cities... I guess it's possible and Slash does work this way with SMKC so maybe?? But I just think Duff and Slash have resigned themselves to love playing and if Axl says let's make a record, then they'll kick into gear. There's definitely a little bit of work done at minimum though by the current line up as evidenced by them soundchecking hardschool. 2022? Hard to see it🤣

• Like 1

In regards to the MetLife show in Jersey, the state is easing some capacity limits:

“For outdoor venues, the current limit is 30 percent capacity for venues with at least 2,500 fixed seats. Capacity will increase to 50 percent for venues with 1,000 fixed seats or more.”

If needed, they could easily transition the pit into a seated area. There’s also the strong possibility that capacity limits are eased again in the weeks following this change. I think a big factor could be GnR and Livenations willingness to pursue a partial tour with reduced dates where capacity limits or poor sales make it less profitable.

Edited by Stryker

4 hours ago, Stryker said:

In regards to the MetLife show in Jersey, the state is easing some capacity limits:

“For outdoor venues, the current limit is 30 percent capacity for venues with at least 2,500 fixed seats. Capacity will increase to 50 percent for venues with 1,000 fixed seats or more.”

If needed, they could easily transition the pit into a seated area. There’s also the strong possibility that capacity limits are eased again in the weeks following this change. I think a big factor could be GnR and Livenations willingness to pursue a partial tour with reduced dates where capacity limits or poor sales make it less profitable.

I think Governor Murphy will increase it to 75% by the end of next month.  NJ, NY, CT and MA are the 4 states that are now leading the country in the lower amounts of hospitalizations. NJ has 41% of the population vaccinated. 

My opinion is that the MetLife show will happen if GNR decides to do a limited tour or one off shows. 

On 4/26/2021 at 5:57 AM, StayofExecution2020 said:

Either new zealand or australia just had a concert with 50k people. Looks like the autumn shows there are good to go.

It was in New Zealand. 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/barbra-streisand-metallica-harry-styles-whats-next-for-eden-park-after-six60/3M4OV3XTZQFHHFPUKCNEPLF45A/

No community transmission here, so we are good to go.

Travel bubble with Australia is holding, so the band can travel between the two countries without doing 14 days in managed isolation (a hotel) in New Zealand upon arrival.

Expect 40,000 in Dunedin and possibly 45 - 50,000 in Wellington. If they had planned to preform in Auckland, it would be 60,000 as Auckland (biggest city in New Zealand) has two venues that can cater to that attendance, Western Springs (played at this venue in 2017) and now Eden Park.  

Edited by kiwiguns

I think a big factor will be if the capacity restrictions get lifted in time for GnR to promote the shows. Let’s not forget that many of these shows were selling poorly before the pandemic.

Honestly, I’d happily buy a pit ticket for DC, but the language states I’m not owed a refund on service and convenience fees in the event of cancellation or reschedule, which is complete bullshit.

The MCG, where GnR's Melbourne show will take place just had an 80,000 crowd on Sunday with capacity currently capped at 85% while the rest of Australia is 100%.

8a3e5ed0-a606-11eb-bf71-d8be869b0a48

Combined with some of the aforementioned events, it looks like they will be able to get multiple tour legs away after all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stryker said:

I think a big factor will be if the capacity restrictions get lifted in time for GnR to promote the shows. Let’s not forget that many of these shows were selling poorly before the pandemic.

Honestly, I’d happily buy a pit ticket for DC, but the language states I’m not owed a refund on service and convenience fees in the event of cancellation or reschedule, which is complete bullshit.

I agree with you that it's BS for not refunding the service and convenience fee.   I had purchased the Godsmack/Halestorm tickets for my friend's son, my friend, and I to go in 2020. Last year, it was on a Friday. When they rescheduled the concert for this year, it was for April 23rd, which was on a Friday. We kept  the tickets. When Godsmack/Halestorm rescheduled again for next year, the concert will fall on a Thursday night. I brought it up to my friend. Since the concert fell on a school night for his son, we agreed that I should just get the refund. When I got the refund, I saw it only covered the value of the tickets and not the fees. I was ticked off. 

For the GNR tickets, I'm keeping them if them postpone to next year. I would rather keep than losing money on the fees. 

Edited by Draguns

25 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I agree with you that it's BS for not refunding the service and convenience fee.   I had purchased the Godsmack/Halestorm tickets for my friend's son, my friend, and I to go in 2020. Last year, it was on a Friday. When they rescheduled the concert for this year, it was for April 23rd, which was on a Friday. We kept  the tickets. When Godsmack/Halestorm rescheduled again for next year, the concert will fall on a Thursday night. I brought it up to my friend. Since the concert fell on a school night for his son, we agreed that I should just get the refund. When I got the refund, I saw it only covered the value of the tickets and not the fees. I was ticked off. 

For the GNR tickets, I'm keeping them if them postpone to next year. I would rather keep than losing money on the fees. 

I was unaware they didn't refund the fees. That's awful and really not operating in good faith. I want to buy pit tickets to GNR this summer, but I was reluctant because  I don't know if it'll be rescheduled. I'm not in the mood to give Ticketmaster $600 to hang on to for another year. But now that I know they don't refund the fees? Ouch. I might just hold off till last possible minute, even if it means missing out on pit.

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I was unaware they didn't refund the fees. That's awful and really not operating in good faith. I want to buy pit tickets to GNR this summer, but I was reluctant because  I don't know if it'll be rescheduled. I'm not in the mood to give Ticketmaster $600 to hang on to for another year. But now that I know they don't refund the fees? Ouch. I might just hold off till last possible minute, even if it means missing out on pit.

Yeah. I bought the Godsmack/Halestorm tickets in the spring of 2019.  TicketMaster sucks! 

Just now, Stryker said:

Of course when you factor in the time value of money, you’re st

To clarify, my show was at Nats Park and the sale was through MLB.com / the ballpark website. Ticketmaster in my experience refunds fees, but read the small print closely.

Thank you for the clarification. This show I'm going to would be Wrigley Field, so I am sure they probably use a similar policy. But who knows. I'll check out the fine print.