Jump to content

Recommended Posts

At this point I’d say just forget about the NITL dvd (or anything else related to NITL, really) and just focus on the UYI anniversary stuff. I’d also say focus on new music, but that’s not gonna happen anyways.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

At this point I’d say just forget about the NITL dvd (or anything else related to NITL, really) and just focus on the UYI anniversary stuff. I’d also say focus on new music, but that’s not gonna happen anyways.

Exactly. If (and in GN'R world, it's always a big IF) anything "new" gets released in 2021, it will be a UYI anniversaries set of some sort. 

I'm always saying GN'R fans should vote with their wallet however, there are certain circumstances where I'll pay for a UYI set. 

I'd need there to be a vinyl edition for me to pay for it at all. In addition, I'd need a ton of previously unreleased mixes at the very least. The kicker would be at least one, complete and unedited, previously unreleased concert from the UYI tour. Lastly, I'd need them to price the set reasonably out of the gate as opposed to the ridiculousness that happened with the AFD set. 

Luckily for my wallet, we're talking about GN'R so I probably won't have to worry about them doing any of that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. If (and in GN'R world, it's always a big IF) anything "new" gets released in 2021, it will be a UYI anniversaries set of some sort. 

I'm always saying GN'R fans should vote with their wallet however, there are certain circumstances where I'll pay for a UYI set. 

I'd need there to be a vinyl edition for me to pay for it at all. In addition, I'd need a ton of previously unreleased mixes at the very least. The kicker would be at least one, complete and unedited, previously unreleased concert from the UYI tour. Lastly, I'd need them to price the set reasonably out of the gate as opposed to the ridiculousness that happened with the AFD set. 

Luckily for my wallet, we're talking about GN'R so I probably won't have to worry about them doing any of that. 

Yeah besides I doubt even a UYI anniversary set will happen at this point, knowing how this band is. Though if any kind of release happens for 2021, it’ll be that, so that they can use it as an excuse to keep touring.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

When you hire camera crews..etc. You gotta pay them.  (& no, IOU's on paper bags dont work for most) hopefully one day the company will be paid, so the fans can see it!!

If the company who filmed it didn't have a contract in place before doing the work I very much doubt gnr are going to pay now (who said they didn'tpay??). What type of idiot does a job of that scale and doesn't get a contract and a large deposit IP front anyway? Somebody has to pay for all of that and hiring helicopters isn't cheap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

The only thing i can tell you is just because someone signed a contract, it doesnt mean there gonna pay.  (Also theres still people waiting to get paid from chinese democracy) but these arent my stories to tell. 

Well, if someone signs a contract they are on the hook. Lawyer-Court-wait-wait a little longer-money. It's a simple enough system if you have the paperwork. If you don't have the paperwork there's very little you can do.

As for CD and people not being paid, you're on about Pitman? well as far as anyone here knows, they settled that dispute. Again... when people are owed money, they go through the process and get paid! you're not there out of charity. IF there are others waiting on money (12yrs later🤣) then, that's their own bad business practices that left them in such a situation. If you do work, you deserve to be paid! but the moral of the story is get it in writing and follow up in a timely fashion AND don't wait 12yrs after the release of the album... I mean it's possible it's true, but it's a rookie mistake.

Forgive me for doubting insider status, "the only thing I can tell you... not my story to tell" around these fair parts, that smells of BS😁✌️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Well, if someone signs a contract they are on the hook. Lawyer-Court-wait-wait a little longer-money. It's a simple enough system if you have the paperwork. If you don't have the paperwork there's very little you can do.

As for CD and people not being paid, you're on about Pitman? well as far as anyone here knows, they settled that dispute. Again... when people are owed money, they go through the process and get paid! you're not there out of charity. IF there are others waiting on money (12yrs later🤣) then, that's their own bad business practices that left them in such a situation. If you do work, you deserve to be paid! but the moral of the story is get it in writing and follow up in a timely fashion AND don't wait 12yrs after the release of the album... I mean it's possible it's true, but it's a rookie mistake.

Forgive me for doubting insider status, "the only thing I can tell you... not my story to tell" around these fair parts, that smells of BS😁✌️

We already know Pitman wasn't paid and several other past members have mentioned it now and again. 

The Pitman story was in the press, so I have no idea why anyone is trying to play the "insider card", especially with info that's very much available in public lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We already know Pitman wasn't paid and several other past members have mentioned it now and again. 

The Pitman story was in the press, so I have no idea why anyone is trying to play the "insider card", especially with info that's very much available in public lol

Im nobody. I play no insider card at all. Also i was not only talking about pitman, but you all know a hell of alot more than me! 

Anywho, continue on!

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 1:11 PM, rocknroll41 said:

At this point I’d say just forget about the NITL dvd (or anything else related to NITL, really) and just focus on the UYI anniversary stuff. I’d also say focus on new music, but that’s not gonna happen anyways.

 

On 1/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, RussTCB said:

Exactly. If (and in GN'R world, it's always a big IF) anything "new" gets released in 2021, it will be a UYI anniversaries set of some sort. 

I'm always saying GN'R fans should vote with their wallet however, there are certain circumstances where I'll pay for a UYI set. 

I'd need there to be a vinyl edition for me to pay for it at all. In addition, I'd need a ton of previously unreleased mixes at the very least. The kicker would be at least one, complete and unedited, previously unreleased concert from the UYI tour. Lastly, I'd need them to price the set reasonably out of the gate as opposed to the ridiculousness that happened with the AFD set. 

Luckily for my wallet, we're talking about GN'R so I probably won't have to worry about them doing any of that. 

I really hope that if they do a UYI box set that they don't mess it up (and that that actually get it out on time).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...