Freaky Ads

BangoSkank

This probably has more to do with my settings than anything but I am slightly freaked out.

Today I'm getting this ad at the top of the main page.

https://imgur.com/a/gSTsoY5

That is my exact order from a separate website. I made it two weeks go. I've been opening tracking updates in my email the past two nights.

I understand them targeting you based on site's you visit, but actual purchases seems to cross a line. 

Is this a setting here or something with my Chrome?

Many thanks

Seems like standard Adsense behaviour. Not something we can do anything about other than have no ads at all but that isn't feasible as the revenue helps the forum stay running.

Sorry it freaked you out a bit. For what it's worth I also find purchases stalk me, usually on FB. It's a weird algorithm because who is going to buy 2 of the same thing?

42 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Seems like standard Adsense behaviour. Not something we can do anything about other than have no ads at all but that isn't feasible as the revenue helps the forum stay running.

Sorry it freaked you out a bit. For what it's worth I also find purchases stalk me, usually on FB. It's a weird algorithm because who is going to buy 2 of the same thing?

Sigh - I'm interested in club membership, but money's too tight to justify it right now.

Anyway, thanks for the insight. I figured it wasn't site related, but wanted to be sure. I'll look through my chrome settings.

• Like 1