12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

right. But this means that a guitar player can be a shredder but still have enough musical personality, taste, and approach that make him more than just a generic shredder and so for me, he is comparable to Slash in enough areas where it's not ridiculous to do so.

I think his Chinese work proved that he is versatile enough to come up with ideas Slash would probably never be interested in exploring but also ideas that fit Gn'R and Axl's style in a more classic Gn'R way because he shares similar musical priorities as Slash.

I agree with you, I was just adding that observation. :)

• GNFNR 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People need to stop worrying about Frank’s drumming and worrying about Axl’s singing.  No matter how good or bad Frank plays, it means nothing if Axl is singing like crap

I'm sure I'll catch some heat for this but here we go: I still don't get the Frank hate. I mean for nostalgic purposes I totally get, my self included, why someone would prefer Adler or Matt but

In a nutshell I think Frank is Axl's boy. I think that his position is ensured by his loyalty to Axl and not his abilities. I feel Axl also wanted to keep Frank as a nod to the previous line-up thus t

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

So tell me, where's the groove with the GNR entity? I'm talking about his participation in GNR.

ah I dunno man, it's fine. I'm thinking about near 20 year old bootlegs now. Any other band in the world you'd probably be able to find an example but everthings filmed on camcorders in 2002

Edited by mr-fukaji
  • Like 1

It just goes to show that this was never intended to be a full "reunion".  Fortus would never have been asked to step aside for Izzy or Frank for Steven.  Adler can play Illusion and CD shit just as well.  I'm upset Axl went this direction instead of just closing the "Chinese" era down...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Guigsdaddy said:

It just goes to show that this was never intended to be a full "reunion".  Fortus would never have been asked to step aside for Izzy or Frank for Steven.  Adler can play Illusion and CD shit just as well.  I'm upset Axl went this direction instead of just closing the "Chinese" era down...

I am disappointed with Duff and Slash too.. They definitely chose took money over integrity and most importantly the quality of the music.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am disappointed with Duff and Slash too.. They definitely chose took money over integrity and most importantly the quality of the music.

i thought that duff and slash would have been able to take a paycut to have izzy on board, especially with the amount of money that the tour has generated. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Personally I've Always thought that duff's "problem with Money" Is called Susan.. Just like slash's One Is named perla. Btw, Just my opinion.

• Like 1