The US Politics/Elections Thread 2.0

downzy

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Yeah, there are provisions that allow businesses to demand identification for certain transactions or entrance for services, but I'm not aware of any law that requires American citizens to carry state-sanctioned identification when in public.  

Yeah, I have never heard of such a law in the US. 

14 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand McConnell because he had multiple corporate dicks in his mouth. like the usual congressional Republican.

I wish every single American citizen could see it that way :unsure:

Two years since Julian Assange was drug out of the Ecuadoran embassy and arrested. He is currently sitting in a UK prison on an US extradition warrant. The Biden administration should be facing allot more pressure on this than they are (which is to say they are facing no pressure at all).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, downzy said:

America withdrawing all US forces from Afghanistan by September 11:

https://www.axios.com/afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-911-56895f33-b1b8-4483-94df-a7a50f2fb695.html

Not the May 1st deadline that myself and many hoped, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.  

At this point few remain. The big withdrawing took place under Trump. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if there are big cuts in the Defense budget. Biden wants to spend huge amount of money on his infrastructure plan. The money needs to come from somewhere

12 hours ago, downzy said:

America withdrawing all US forces from Afghanistan by September 11:

https://www.axios.com/afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-911-56895f33-b1b8-4483-94df-a7a50f2fb695.html

Not the May 1st deadline that myself and many hoped, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.  

I'll give him credit if he follows through, should have happened long ago. 

Essentially, the Taliban basically won didn't they? Have to tip my cap for being able to outlast the world's biggest empire.

10 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'll give him credit if he follows through, should have happened long ago. 

Essentially, the Taliban basically won didn't they? Have to tip my cap for being able to outlast the world's biggest empire.

You can't beat the Taliban nor any other terrorist group if you sell them weapons you made. That's the problem with the U.S. and other western allies. They sell weapons to Middle East countries. So those weapons end up in the hands of Taliban, the Islamic State guys and others like them

1 hour ago, Padme said:

You can't beat the Taliban nor any other terrorist group if you sell them weapons you made. That's the problem with the U.S. and other western allies. They sell weapons to Middle East countries. So those weapons end up in the hands of Taliban, the Islamic State guys and others like them

The Taliban didn't win because of weaponry. The Taliban won because they won the battle for hearts and minds. The people of Afghanistan clearly don't feel strongly enough to get rid of them, and the US public stopped caring about this war a long time ago.

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The Taliban didn't win because of weaponry. The Taliban won because they won the battle for hearts and minds. The people of Afghanistan clearly don't feel strongly enough to get rid of them, and the US public stopped caring about this war a long time ago.

I understand what you are saying. But without weapons nobody can fight. Heart and minds are not enough. Weapons, traning and strategy are necesary. We can also add home field advantage

More hypocritical sanctions on Russia. They are however publicly acknowledging the "low-to-moderate confidence" assessment of the Russia bounty allegations. Unacceptable how our politicians and press carried on with that story.

The Curious Case of Konstantin Kilimnik: The Biden administration are making the allegation that Kilimnik provided the polling data from Manafort to Russian intelligence. Neither the Mueller report nor Senate Intelligence Committee report were able to conclude what Kilimnik did with the data. So where is the Biden administration getting this from?

• Like 1

Chauvin decision due in the next half hour.

Fairly quick deliberation by the jury. 

47 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

He should know better than anyone

Yeah, kind of rich from a guy who led the nation into war under false pretences.  

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

It's great that justice was served, but it shouldn't be a shock considering the event was literally filmed. Fuck that guy, hope he rots

Chauvin is fucked. He’ll do a minimum of 12.5 years (though he might get early parole) but will likely get hit with a federal charge and sentence in addition to the state charges...

Also,

19 hours ago, downzy said:

Chauvin is fucked. He’ll do a minimum of 12.5 years (though he might get early parole) but will likely get hit with a federal charge and sentence in addition to the state charges...

It's crazy that if nobody films it, this gets swept under the rug and Chauvin walks.

• Like 2

Caitlyn Jenner running for governor of California.

Matthew McConaughey considering running for governor of Texas.

You would think people would have learned the last time a celebrity thought it would be a good idea to become a politician overnight.  Someone needs to explain to me how either of these two are remotely qualified to run the two biggest states in America.  

What a fucking gong show. 

5 hours ago, downzy said:

All people are tribal. In China or Israel they'd have the same backlash if a politician was explicitly calling for racial justice for the minorities there.

On 4/23/2021 at 6:34 PM, downzy said:

I remember seeing a study a couple years ago showing that transgender people leaned libertarian. Not surprising to see Jenner run as a Republican. I think this will become a trend, transgender Republicans.