The US Politics/Elections Thread 2.0

downzy

president Biden just signed some executive decisions regarding the covid virus and getting more vaccines out to everyone and helping families who need more money and help.

The man is already doing more than Trump did in the past year regarding the virus.

Let's hope he can get it done quicker, but he also said more deaths and patients will come until most people can get the vaccine, but he would always keep us informed no matter how bad or good the news is. Finally someone who is honest with us.

49 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

president Biden just signed some executive decisions regarding the covid virus and getting more vaccines out to everyone and helping families who need more money and help.

The man is already doing more than Trump did in the past year regarding the virus.

Let's hope he can get it done quicker, but he also said more deaths and patients will come until most people can get the vaccine, but he would always keep us informed no matter how bad or good the news is. Finally someone who is honest with us.

And Dr. Fauci is back!!! :headbang:

:dance:

5 min ago

Happening now: Dr. Fauci speaks to reporters in White House press briefing

From CNN's Betsy Klein, Veronica Stracqualursi and Kate Sullivan

Pool Pool

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is speaking now to reporters in a White House press briefing and is providing an update on the status of the pandemic in the country and distribution of vaccines.

"Obviously we are still in a very serious situation. To have over 400,000 deaths is something that is unfortunately historic in a very bad sense," Fauci said.

Fauci noted that while the number of new infections is still at a "very high rate," when you look more recently at the seven-day average of cases, "right now it looks like it might actually be plateauing in the sense of turning around."

The briefing comes after President Biden rolled out his national strategy to battle the coronavirus pandemic that includes several executive actions related to vaccinations and testing in hopes of moving the federal response in a different direction.

Biden signed executive orders ramping up supplies for vaccination, testing and personal protective equipment and another boosting development of therapeutics to treat Covid-19.

He said the plan was developed with input from Fauci and other advisers and experts.

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

I've got a crush on Jen Psaki. She can "circle back" on me anytime. :lol: 

Seriously though, it's nice to see the back of Bullshit Barbie and have the grownups back in charge. 

There's seems to be some diplomatic incident. Whatever happen to "Special Relationship" :devilshades:

https://us.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/winston-churchill-bust-oval-office/index.html

:P

President Joe Biden has ordered a review of all foreign sanctions as he formulates his begins rolling out his policy agenda, evaluating a broad range of such measures imposed by his predecessor

Joe Biden Sanctions Review Could Hand Iran COVID Relief Ahead of Nuclear Talks

Lets hope all these "reviews" aren't Biden's version of "I'm going to take a look at it very strongly" :lol:

I'm not even gonna pretend that I follow things of this sort in general, but for the love of god... Joe Biden, please, the first thing that needs to be settled.... I mean, forget about Covid - do something about that immigrants' children separation at the borders insanity aka cages aka nazi practices, ok? Deeply appreciated!

PS: The Czech Republic here, what do I know.

Edited by jamillos

I think the scary part about QAnon and what it could potentially lead to is the fact that for so many Qanon was passive entity. It told believers to “trust the plan.”  It didn’t advocate any sort of proactive participation.

What happens to people who still want to believe in something (other than reality) and find a home amongst “prophets” who are a little less passive?  It took eight or ten months between Pizza-gate and Qanon. What is going to take Qanon’s place. Because if anyone out there thinks that most of these people are going to come to some level of self reckoning whereby they take responsibility for all the craziness, you’re going to be waiting a very long time. These people will find a new home. And I’m not at all optimistic that it’s going to be as reserved a force as Qanon has been. 

49 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think the scary part about QAnon and what it could potentially lead to is the fact that for so many Qanon was passive entity. It told believers to “trust the plan.”  It didn’t advocate any sort of proactive participation.

What happens to people who still want to believe in something (other than reality) and find a home amongst “prophets” who are a little less passive?  It took eight or ten months between Pizza-gate and Qanon. What is going to take Qanon’s place. Because if anyone out there thinks that most of these people are going to come to some level of self reckoning whereby they take responsibility for all the craziness, you’re going to be waiting a very long time. These people will find a new home. And I’m not at all optimistic that it’s going to be as reserved a force as Qanon has been. 

The craziest thing about Q is that the person(s) behind haven't been doxed. Something this high profile going undoxed is unbelievable to me. US intelligence has to know who it is, if not, they are inept.

3 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The craziest thing about Q is that the person(s) behind haven't been doxed. Something this high profile going undoxed is unbelievable to me. US intelligence has to know who it is, if not, they are inept.

They are inept. 9/11 showed how inept they are. It took them 10 years to find Bin Laden. And they didn't find him using sophisticated surveillace technology, just man hunting. They captured and tortured a bunch of people in order to get information