General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

Just now, alfierose said:

Awful. A relative lost everything in a house fire many years ago (not a wildfire just a regular one). It's a horrible thing to go through. Hope they are okay considering.

They had some warning due to the slow moving fire. They were able to get important docs, themselves and their pets. Everything else is gone :(

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

A very good friend of mine lost their house in a California wildfire last night.

They have a gofundme up but Jesus, what a shitty blow to be dealt. 

OMG so sad. I hope they are okay, but I can't imagine losing your home and all your possessions. These fires are terrible. So much damage and lose and it continues to spread. We here in Texas have been having hazy days due to these fires. Breathing this in can't be good either.

I hope your friends are okay.

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

That's something I guess. Hope the crowdfund does okay.

A man was on the news today. he was trying to put out the fires with his pool water. He said the fire blew the water back into his face. When he looked back the flames were on both sides of him. Luckily he got out alive. 

It's just too terrible to think about losing everything you've worked hard for and all your tresasured items. not to mention pets too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

A very good friend of mine lost their house in a California wildfire last night.

They have a gofundme up but Jesus, what a shitty blow to be dealt. 

Here's a news story on what happened to one of my best friends yesterday :(

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/family-loses-dream-home-in-river-fire/amp/

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Here's a news story on what happened to one of my best friends yesterday :(

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/family-loses-dream-home-in-river-fire/amp/

That's terrible.  I'm sorry to hear that.  It's got to be devastating to lose everything in such a manner.  

I hope they have insurance.

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

That's terrible.  I'm sorry to hear that.  It's got to be devastating to lose everything in such a manner.  

I hope they have insurance.

I'm not entirely sure what their insurance situation is. I spoke with James a few times yesterday, but he was mostly in shock. 

They have a gofundme that's doing really well so far. One user from this forum sent me a PM yesterday asking for the link and wanted to help. That REALLY warmed my heart when I needed it yesterday :)

(NOT saying anyone else should reach out btw, just thought I'd mention that I really needed to see that sort of kindness yesterday) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not entirely sure what their insurance situation is. I spoke with James a few times yesterday, but he was mostly in shock. 

They have a gofundme that's doing really well so far. One user from this forum sent me a PM yesterday asking for the link and wanted to help. That REALLY warmed my heart when I needed it yesterday :)

(NOT saying anyone else should reach out btw, just thought I'd mention that I really needed to see that sort of kindness yesterday) 

I think even with insurance sometimes you need a special fire insurance.  Glad they have a go fund me page. So many nice people give to so many people who need help. it's a good way to do good things for people in need.

I'm glad your friends are okay. I can't believe how fast these fires are spreading and taking away homes. I can't imagine going through something like this.

Still haven't found that poor snake.  I bet by the time they find it, if they find it, it'll be dead. I think the so called owner should be fined or even arrested for endangering an animal.

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Just given my notice and signed and mailed my new contract. I'm officially a soft southern shithouse! :lol: 

Moving to London? Funnily enough I'll be in Manchester on the 23rd/24th, first time back since 2013.

57 minutes ago, Amir said:

Moving to London? Funnily enough I'll be in Manchester on the 23rd/24th, first time back since 2013.

:lol: What brings you to Manchester?

I've got a job near Guildford but we're looking to move to South London and commute from there. Possibly Kingston/Surbiton. 

21 hours ago, Dazey said:

:lol: What brings you to Manchester?

I've got a job near Guildford but we're looking to move to South London and commute from there. Possibly Kingston/Surbiton. 

Was gonna go abroad for hols but government traffic light system put an end to that, so I figured I'd go up to Edinburgh for a few days and stop off in Manchester en route.

Was looking in South London myself last February before everything went to shit. Crystal Palace was nice but I decided it was out of my budget, some 1-bedrooms were asking for as much as 350K :/

Fox news had footage of one Afghan man who helped the US during the war? Not sure if it was a war anymore? Anyway, he said how he's trying to get his family out, but can't get close to the airport and he's afraid to tell the Taliban he's an US Afghan for fear of his life.

Many Afghans helped the US and it's allies during the war, we need to help them get out now. The Taliban is supposedly on their good behavior right now, whatever that means, but it won't last long and it's not right we leave these people all behind.

If there's ever another time the US feels the need to go into another country, no one will trust to help us due to this fiasco.

It makes me sick to see the Taliban walking or standing around holding their guns and smiling at the cameras. What the hell is going on?

And this really made me laugh and not in a good way, Russia and China are telling the Taliban to respect human rights. OMG! Are we listening to two countries who don't respect human life for their own people now?

My money's on Israel. If the Taliban make one move towards them, they will let their missiles fly and won't give a shit what anyone else says about it. This country has more balls than the US right now.

So sad our men and women fought over twenty years in a country that had no real chance of having a good life and their freedom. I can't even imagine how scared they are right now. I'm scared and disgusted by just seeing the pictures and hearing how they need to get out of this country sooner rather than later.

What the hell happened? This is not the take charge American we always believed in. Lives are at stake and we are dragging out feet.

The Taliban has taken over the US embassy building. How they must be so proud!

On 8/17/2021 at 1:18 PM, Gracii Guns said:

In 2002 healing crystals held far more promise than Chinese Democracy.

It would be cool if they worked. I have heel pain and nothing I seem to use is helping it at all. Maybe Axl's crystals might work?

I'm reading that a lot of bands are cancelling their tours due to covid getting worse.

Corey Taylor has covid and he said he feels terrible. Don't know if he was vaccinated or not?

Now we may all need a booster shot 8 months after your last covid shot.

I want the vaccine ready for the under 12 year olds since more and more schools are going virtual again and many kids are getting sick. 

Walmart is back to cleaning their shelves and more people are back to wearing masks. 

It's like we're starting all over again.

17 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The flat above mines carbon monoxide detector is running low on battery and keeps chirping. 

Dude is away on holiday for a few weeks so you can hear it in my toilet living room and bedroom. 

Driving me mental

Surprised you can hear anything in your toilet. 😂

So I'm contracted to a 3 month notice period at my current job but since I'm leaving I'm not starting any new projects and don't have a lot going on to keep me occupied. The guy I share an office with is in holiday for two weeks to I've spent the last 3 days watching YouTube and playing Nintendo. :lol: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So I'm contracted to a 3 month notice period at my current job but since I'm leaving I'm not starting any new projects and don't have a lot going on to keep me occupied. The guy I share an office with is in holiday for two weeks to I've spent the last 3 days watching YouTube and playing Nintendo. :lol: 

Congrats on the new job.

• Thanks 1