General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

12 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

It's TikTok that's the source right? Across America, there are lots of threats.

Yeah, sorry tic tok. I just don't get all this shit that people come up with to amuse themselves.

Maybe try reading a book or talking to friends face to face and stay the hell away from the net for a bit.

I don't blame the internet at all. Still feel parents are not doing their jobs. Teens really need to be checked on often because there are so many crazy people out there and now they are online and for some reason teens are most impressionable. that's where a parent's guidance comes int. Being a parent is a 24/7 job and many parents these days use work as an excuse. I'm a single mom and now I work from home, but believe me I know what my daughter is doing on her phone and on the computer. My parents baby sit her a lot and my mom also knows what she's up too. yeah, it might be a pain when you work all day and come home and have to try to relax, but having kids means you don't get to relax until they are sleeping. And it also means take the phone and the computers away when they are in bed.

The James Webb Space Telescope is set to launch on Christmas Day, this is an amazing piece of machinery. But, if something goes wrong they won't be able to send humans to repair it because of the extreme distance of its orbit.  A 10 billion dollar roll of the dice. I hope it doesn't require "corrective lenses" like Hubble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I'm surprised the forum hasn't been discussing Ghislaine Maxwell.

Not much to discuss.  She was obviously guilty in sex trafficking.  It's just a shame the man she did it for didn't stick around long enough to be found guilty as well. 

Only thing left to be determined is if she starts offering up names and provides testimony for additional prosecutions.  To @Dazey's point, "Randy Andy" might not be feeling too great today.  

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Not much to discuss.  She was obviously guilty in sex trafficking.  It's just a shame the man she did it for didn't stick around long enough to be found guilty as well. 

Only thing left to be determined is if she starts offering up names and provides testimony for additional prosecutions.  To @Dazey's point, "Randy Andy" might not be feeling too great today.  

Is it really true that no one is above the law? There's a perceived veil of protection for members of the royal family.

Edited by lame ass security

47 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Is it really true that no one is above the law? There's a perceived veil of protection for members of the royal family.

Technically they are not but they can get away with shit more easy. At least that goes for the royals in my country. Another reason to end this outdated fairy tale.

Well, here we go again, after a week of nothing but upper 70's and 80's, Texas weather is dropping into the 40's and possibly in the teens by tomorrow morning.  But again we'll be back into the 60's by mid week and then another cold front.

The weather in Texas is very manic! lol

18 hours ago, Dazey said:

😂😂

zlBduuT.jpg

Pervert on the roof!

On 12/30/2021 at 1:35 PM, EvanG said:

Technically they are not but they can get away with shit more easy. At least that goes for the royals in my country. Another reason to end this outdated fairy tale.

So true. I've seen a lot of documentaries on "Jack the Ripper" and one theory was that it was a member of the royal family that once they found out, locked him away for good. Who knows?

Anyway, yeah, if the royals don't want anyone to know their dirty secrets they need to get ahead of it. This guy is a pervert and should be locked up.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, here we go again, after a week of nothing but upper 70's and 80's, Texas weather is dropping into the 40's and possibly in the teens by tomorrow morning.  But again we'll be back into the 60's by mid week and then another cold front.

The weather in Texas is very manic! lol

Pervert on the roof!

So true. I've seen a lot of documentaries on "Jack the Ripper" and one theory was that it was a member of the royal family that once they found out, locked him away for good. Who knows?

Anyway, yeah, if the royals don't want anyone to know their dirty secrets they need to get ahead of it. This guy is a pervert and should be locked up.

Yeah, that Jack the Ripper stuff is fascinating. The royal family theory is interesting but I don't really buy it. I think most people believe it was the Koslowski(sp) guy but no one knows for sure. Probably never will.

21 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, that Jack the Ripper stuff is fascinating. The royal family theory is interesting but I don't really buy it. I think most people believe it was the Koslowski(sp) guy but no one knows for sure. Probably never will.

Yeah, I saw a special about that guy and it seems likely to me too. I'm wondering why no one figured it out until now? Can't prove anything, but he seemed like he could be the ripper.

On another note, so damn pissed off at the moron who stuck his arm in the Siberian tiger cage and authorities had to shoot the riger to save him. I am so upset and sad about this. I hope the zoo brings charges to him. Even though these animals are in capitivity they are still wild dangerous animals. The tiger was probably scared by what this jerk did and he reacted to protect himself. Honestly they should have cut his arm off and saved the tiger. I know that sounds terrible but I'm tired of animals suffereing at the hands of stupid humans.

So happy that the Irwins in Australia save as many endangered animals in their amazing zoo. I watch that show and smile the whole time. Steve Irwin would be so proud of his wife and kids and what amazing things they have done. Just like her mom, Bindi has found her soul mate and have an amazing family together. I'm sure little Grace Warrior will learn how to respect and care for all animals just like her and her brother Robert have.  Wish there could be more places like this. They all do whatever they can to help animals of all kinds. I wish I could visit this zoo one day, but I doubt it. Can't even begin to think about a 24 hour plane ride.

Watching the show is the closest I'll get to it, but it really does make me feel good when I watch it.

• Like 2

Interesting article from one of the most ardently Brexit supporting papers in the UK. 

Time is running out to prove Brexit is not a historic failure

It's been five years since the referendum. 2022 is the year reality needs to match the hype

BEN MARLOW

CHIEF CITY COMMENTATOR

4 January 2022 • 4:00pm

The Prime Minister had an inspiring message for everyone on New Year’s Eve: get vaccinated to help stop the spread of omicron. It should be everyone’s resolution for 2022, he said, although with 82.5pc of those aged 12 and over double-jabbed, and 59.3pc already topped up with a booster, it was not a rallying cry to divide the nation in “take back control” style.

Still, in the spirit of telling others what to do, here’s a new year’s pledge for Boris Johnson. Prove to the people of this country – both Brexiteers and Remainers – that Brexit isn’t destined to become a historic failure.

It’s been five long years since the shock referendum result and 12 full months since Britain burst free from the shackles of Brussels. Yet even some of the most ardent Brexiteers are beginning to reluctantly concede that life outside the EU has yet to live up to its billing. Lord Frost’s resignation from the Cabinet last month partly expressed that disappointment.

The Government too seems to have tacitly acknowledged such frustrations with a press release to mark the end of 2021 that promised “to build on Brexit achievements in 2022”. Coming just as several trade bodies warned that new customs checks would wreck imports from the bloc, with one predicting they would become “more expensive, less flexible and much slower”, it was comically bad timing.

According to No 10’s missive, among the “key successes” so far is “taking back control of our borders”, a boast not necessarily supported by the record number of Channel crossings in 2021 when arrivals tripled to more than 28,000, or the exodus of legal migrant EU workers that has left some industries facing a workforce crisis.

uxUJXTL.jpg

Still, if nothing else, surely we can all agree that when it comes to “axing red tape”, the return of the crown stamp on to the side of pint glasses counts as a significant victory over those pesky Brussels bureaucrats. Ditto removing the ban on selling in pounds and ounces.

It’s pretty weak stuff from the Downing Street spinners. Perhaps all those parties are catching up with them. What has happened to all the big free trade deals that were promised? In their search for benefits, officials are scraping the bottom of the barrel with such fury that they have tunnelled through to the antipodes.

The Prime Minister can talk all he likes about “landmark deals” with Australia and New Zealand but by the Government’s own admission, neither will move the dial when it comes to GDP or cheaper goods.

The pacts are supposed to “pave the way” for Britain’s entry to the £9 trillion Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership, whose members include major economies such as Canada, Japan and Mexico. But membership of this big club remains aspirational for now and there are serious questions about the overall benefits to exporters given the physical distance between the UK and the Pacific region.

It has also been pointed out that the UK may be required to make the kind of compromises that Brexiteers persistently cited as one of the main reasons for leaving the EU.

The big prize remains an agreement with America but as the one-year anniversary of Joe Biden’s inauguration approaches, a transatlantic tie-up remains as far beyond our reach as ever. The unfortunate reality anyway is that for all the political hot air that they generate, most free-trade deals have very little impact owing to their limited scope.

pUrJ4GL.jpg

But it’s not just that the benefits of Brexit have so far proved elusive. It’s worse than that. The initial impact, from chaos with customs checks and a heavy blow to business investment has been almost overwhelmingly negative – and things could get a lot worse.

Goods coming into Britain face a fresh avalanche of paperwork, threatening more supply chain dislocation and to overwhelm our ports. The Northern Ireland conundrum – which stumped Lord Frost and failed to merit a mention in the Prime Minister’s new year message – has been handed to Liz Truss, whose recent ascendency is better evidence of the Government’s weakness than her strengths. Food prices could spiral further after a year in which inflation had hit 5.2pc by the end of November.

For the time being, the Government still has the electorate on its side but only just perhaps. While a recent Ipsos Mori poll found just 24pc of the population favoured rejoining the EU, results of a separate survey for Opinium showed that 42pc of people who voted Leave in 2016 had a negative view of how Brexit had turned out so far.

Voters aren’t mugs. Ministers can’t keep dismissing the downsides as teething problems. Nor will the public continue to accept the jam tomorrow version of events. When Boris says the Government will go “further and faster” in 2022 to maximise the opportunities of Brexit, he should be held to it.

This is the year when reality should finally match all the hype, otherwise even the most staunch Brexiteers may be forced to question whether they will ever get what they wanted.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/04/time-running-prove-brexit-not-historic-failure/

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Jan. 8th is a very important day in rock history. Elvis, Bowie, and Robbie Krieger were all born on this date. Pretty cool stuff.

My mother loves David Bowie saw him for the first time in Radio Music Hall in NYC on Valentine's day in 1971. The show started at 11:00 and she waited on the line for hours and it was sitting wherever you landed. The show was with the Spiders from Mars and it was an amazing show. She had seen him multiple times after that. David's shows were always amazing. I think he was one of the first rock acts to put on a whole production despite what KISS says. lol

• Like 4

On 1/6/2022 at 8:21 AM, Chris1989 said:

Staunch Brexiteers will never question Brexit. They're not capable of stepping back and examining the facts. 

If it looks bad, it's just remoaner propaganda. The end.

One thing I don't like about Brexit is that you can't even risk talking about it, as there's a 50% chance that the person you're talking to voted the opposite way to you. 

Another thing I don't like is that I never understood the case for Brexit. There was a lot of fluff, but the core ideas were to do with overreaching governance and a reduction of sovereignty. I thought the UK operated fine being a part of the EU, but because the Brexit campaign was 'facts lite', I was provided with very little to convince me. 

• Like 2

I went through a pretty devastating break up last year, and recently I’ve met someone whom I suspect I might be getting to know much better moving forward!

It’s a great feeling, but does anyone else get a feeling of guilt when good things happen, as if there’s a lingering awareness that you don’t deserve this?

For the first time in a while I’m feeling geniunely happy and somewhat content, but still that thought lingers in the mind.

• GNFNR 2

Smiling and laughing today because the Dallas Cowboys lost to the SF 49 er's.

So happy about this because now there won't be anymore talk about this damn teach until next yaer.

Dallas fans are super crazy with this damn team. either way their lives don't change but they just go so overboard with their insanity with this team.

Watched The First Take today on ESPN and I totally love Stephen A. Smith and the man made me laugh for 2 hours straight.

Showing the fans and the players crying. lol They still get their millions of dollars and the fans go home broke from all the shit they bought at the game not to mention what the tickets cost.

Maybe next year Cowboys. Now shut up and go home!

21 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Smiling and laughing today because the Dallas Cowboys lost to the SF 49 er's.

So happy about this because now there won't be anymore talk about this damn teach until next yaer.

Dallas fans are super crazy with this damn team. either way their lives don't change but they just go so overboard with their insanity with this team.

Watched The First Take today on ESPN and I totally love Stephen A. Smith and the man made me laugh for 2 hours straight.

Showing the fans and the players crying. lol They still get their millions of dollars and the fans go home broke from all the shit they bought at the game not to mention what the tickets cost.

Maybe next year Cowboys. Now shut up and go home!

Cowboys fans are the worst :lol: That said, I wish they'd won so the Packers could have given them an ass whooping in the divisional round

1 minute ago, Gibson87 said:

Cowboys fans are the worst :lol: That said, I wish they'd won so the Packers could have given them an ass whooping in the divisional round

I'm just glad it's over and done with but not with Stephen A. Smith on the First Take show. lol He said he'll talk about the Cowboy loss until the new season begins. I had to laugh at that. 

Yeah, it's like boarding line obessession. It's too much. Like their lives can't be happy without a Cowboy super bowl win.

Anyway, bottom line it's all about the money this team gives Texas, but not the regular people the people in charge like Jerry Jones.

Still talking about whether or not to fire the coach. Whatever! I just think this team had lost os new players and they just choked. It happens to the best of teams.

Time for the fans to move on. It's just that the other Dallas teams suck, so there's no where to put their love. lol

The island of Tonga had both a volcano and tsunami. How scary and shitty is that? I can't imagine the fear these people have gone through.

Mother Nature is using her power again. I hope they get the aid they need to re build and get their lives back again.

Just too damn scary to think about.

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm just glad it's over and done with but not with Stephen A. Smith on the First Take show. lol He said he'll talk about the Cowboy loss until the new season begins. I had to laugh at that. 

Yeah, it's like boarding line obessession. It's too much. Like their lives can't be happy without a Cowboy super bowl win.

Anyway, bottom line it's all about the money this team gives Texas, but not the regular people the people in charge like Jerry Jones.

Still talking about whether or not to fire the coach. Whatever! I just think this team had lost os new players and they just choked. It happens to the best of teams.

Time for the fans to move on. It's just that the other Dallas teams suck, so there's no where to put their love. lol

The island of Tonga had both a volcano and tsunami. How scary and shitty is that? I can't imagine the fear these people have gone through.

Mother Nature is using her power again. I hope they get the aid they need to re build and get their lives back again.

Just too damn scary to think about.

Yeah there's definitely much bigger issues going on than a football game. I'm an avid Packers fan but it's just a game at the end of the day. I don't understand the people who break their TVs or have their whole week ruined over a game