General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree and good for you for not following along with the arseholes I've seen that happen and you end up with really bad place for residents.  When I was in university I worked as a domiciled

Well at least we know why Len's not been about for a while.   https://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-depraved-man-who-had-sex-with-chickens-has-jail-term-reduced-20210130?source=facebook&fbclid=IwA

OK this is more of a rant than anything else. I work at a nursing home as a housekeeper. I won't mention the name of the home because of HIPPA. What pisses me off more than anything is the general lac

Wow thousands of people in Russia protested the poisoning of that Russian politician and they were all arrested. Russia must have some big ass jails. 

It was amazing to see so many Russians protesting against Putin, but I don't think this will end well for most of them.

Jo Jo Siwa came out as gay. Well, good for her!

She is very talented and I'm glad she can feel free enough to tell everyone she is gay and happy.

Yeah, this place is quiet without three huge posters. Soon got banned unfortunately. Dieseldaisy must have gotten tired of being called a troll, so he probably quit, or he finally found a boyfriend, who knows. And LenCunt said before that he had quit drinking, so I guess he isn't much of a sober poster.

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, this place is quiet without three huge posters. Soon got banned unfortunately. Dieseldaisy must have gotten tired of being called a troll, so he probably quit, or he finally found a boyfriend, who knows. And LenCunt said before that he had quit drinking, so I guess he isn't much of a sober poster.

I wouldn’t give them that much credit.

Traffic has dropped, as it usually does, after extended periods of absence by GNR.  It’s also been a crazy couple of months outside of what’s not been happening in GNR world and the last few weeks have seen a lot of people take time away. To be expected.

And if people leave (whether willingly or not) because they get tired being called a troll (when that’s all they are) or calling staff members derogatory names in PMs, then we’re better off without them. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
45 minutes ago, downzy said:

I wouldn’t give them that much credit.

Traffic has dropped, as it usually does, after extended periods of absence by GNR.  It’s also been a crazy couple of months outside of what’s not been happening in GNR world and the last few weeks have seen a lot of people take time away. To be expected.

I wasn't referring to the GnR sections because I don't know about that. But those 3 posters, whether you like them or not, were probably in the top 10, if not top 5, of most active posters in this section (Anything Goes, etc.), so having those 3 missing in action around the same time, must contribute to this section being more quiet than before and that is only normal. It's just an observation.

• Like 2

no one is forced to post here.

I'm missing all those people too, but it's their decision not to post here anymore. Everyone has their reasons. It's like a snowball though. One poster leaves, that makes another person leave and so on.

I hope some of those people read what we have to say about them, see that we miss them and maybe they'll come back.

I don't really see the point though, with all those great people gone. For me, they were / are the heart and soul of this community. I'm a bit lost for topics to talk about, with all those people gone. I don't really want to leave myself, but with whom am I gonna talk about chickens and other randomness?  I can't talk to myself can I?

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Political debates, probably :lol:

For real tho, he was a pretty good poster, pretty lame if he got banned.

Nobody has been banned for holding a political opinion.

Antagonizing members and staff members both publicly and privately is the best way to be shown the door here.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just to clarify, I wasn't saying that I miss anyone here, I don't take it seriously enough to miss anyone on a forum, but I was merely observing that it's normal that when the 3 biggest posters leave at the same time, it gets more quiet.

If anything, I will miss soon because he was just a great and nice poster (imo), but I can be in touch with him through other means if I want to, so it's all good.

17 minutes ago, downzy said:

Nobody has been banned for holding a political opinion.

Antagonizing members and staff members both publicly and privately is the best way to be shown the door here.  

He was generally a nice guy. :shrugs:

Why'd you delete my other post?

4 hours ago, action said:

no one is forced to post here.

I'm missing all those people too, but it's their decision not to post here anymore. Everyone has their reasons. It's like a snowball though. One poster leaves, that makes another person leave and so on.

I hope some of those people read what we have to say about them, see that we miss them and maybe they'll come back.

I don't really see the point though, with all those great people gone. For me, they were / are the heart and soul of this community. I'm a bit lost for topics to talk about, with all those people gone. I don't really want to leave myself, but with whom am I gonna talk about chickens and other randomness?  I can't talk to myself can I?

You was a nice team with Diesel .

• Like 1