General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

I went to Baskin Robbins one day and asked for a Banana Split with no bananas. The Cashier, looking confused asked me if I wanted a Sundae. I said,"No, I want a banana split with no bananas. I don't like bananas, so I want everything that comes with a Banana Split, without the bananas. " I had a coupon for $4.99 Banana Split and wanted to use it. He understood and gave me the banana split with no bananas. 😀 But technically, he was right. A banana split with no bananas is basically a 3 scoop sundae in a rectangular bowl. 😉

when I was in a restaurant the other day, I asked for stew, that was observed by a rabbit for 5 minutes

the waiter gave me funny looks, said what?

I said, stew, but a rabbit should watch it, for 5 minutes, before serving. For the taste.

"We have rabbits here, but they're all dead and in the freeze"

"oh", I said. "I'm afraid I can't dine here then. goodbye."

21 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I have no qualms about arguing with Action, but that is a very nice painting and he deserves praise for it. I would be very proud of that result

I like VG, too. Just went to a big exhibit in Detroit with lots of his work. It was amazing

all I can say is, when I stepped back the first time and looked at it, I was genuinly excited. never felt like that in my life before. to create something, there is nothing like it. I'm sure you understand this feeling, as a musician. 

I'm an absolute lousy drawer and the painting had no right to end up like it did. I can barely draw a person on paper.

Anyway, I must be doing something right, because I'm more than happy with the results, so next I'll be attempting to paint lightning, I can already picture it crashing through the scene in all its colourfull splendour, piercing the dark, offering all sorts of possibilities to mix violet, purple, blue white and white yellow. 

Edited by action
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree he did a good job but that's ultimately unimportant. What is very, very important is that in life,  people(everyone), pursue the arts and have creative outlets. Ideally, the art can also be of some benefit to others. But praise or money are a distant second to the artist actualizing their own spirits and expressions - always with honesty, humility, integrity and hopefully some enjoyment/catharsis. That's a healthy positive thing.

I believe, everyone has something magical within them, and it's our job to find out what it is. You know it too, when you find it. it feels like being hit in the stomach and it can be quite distressing. Especially when you feel like a loser all of your life.

I'm happy that there is some criticism too, from @EvanG. I think, otherwise, it could start to affect my sanity. One day, a loser, next day, all that praise. Not healthy. Thanks to Evan, for keeping me both feet on the ground. But I also thank my wife, who says I'm acting ridiculous with my painting. Her criticism, is medicine to my growing ego.

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What's even more important than art is things like helping out with household chores, you cunt. :lol:

Why do now, what you can do later?

And if she says "you're late", my answer is, "I'll leave a little earlier then"

my way of life has always been to "create calmness".

no matter how stressfull things are, no matter how much work there is. Breathe in, breathe out, and make yourself another cup of coffee, and look outside to the birds

I learned this attitude from my dad, incidently. When he was in the army, and he had nothing to do, he was running around with a bucket. "what are you doing there with that bucket, corporal", they would ask him. "I'm going to clean all those tanks there in the distance, but first I need to find a sponge". "Very well, corporal, go look for your sponge". Then, when he finally found his sponge, he threw away his bucket and started to look for another bucket, and so on and so on.

He said, son, if your desk is empty, all they can do is throw more work on it.

Edited by action

4 hours ago, action said:

all I can say is, when I stepped back the first time and looked at it, I was genuinly excited. never felt like that in my life before. to create something, there is nothing like it. I'm sure you understand this feeling, as a musician. 

I'm an absolute lousy drawer and the painting had no right to end up like it did. I can barely draw a person on paper.

Anyway, I must be doing something right, because I'm more than happy with the results, so next I'll be attempting to paint lightning, I can already picture it crashing through the scene in all its colourfull splendour, piercing the dark, offering all sorts of possibilities to mix violet, purple, blue white and white yellow. 

I do know that feeling and feel it with an album we have coming out in the spring. I’m very proud.

I enjoy painting and if I ever painted one like yours, I’d be very happy with it. Good job and choice of colors

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree he did a good job but that's ultimately unimportant. What is very, very important is that in life,  people(everyone), pursue the arts and have creative outlets. Ideally, the art can also be of some benefit to others. But praise or money are a distant second to the artist actualizing their own spirits and expressions - always with honesty, humility, integrity and hopefully some enjoyment/catharsis. That's a healthy positive thing.

Agree, and in this case, the art brought enjoyment to others too. Win win

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I do know that feeling and feel it with an album we have coming out in the spring. I’m very proud.

I enjoy painting and if I ever painted one like yours, I’d be very happy with it. Good job and choice of colors

you paint too? that's awesome.

picasso once said, "it took me 4 years to paint like rembrandt, it took a lifetime to paint like a child"

paint like a child. I read that, and I thought, I can do that. I thought, that can be a style I feel comfortable with. Forget those fancy realistic artists of today, I can not reach their heels. But paint like a kid, with lots of colors, I'll give that a shot.

My sister said, about the painting, if your son of 10 would have painted it, I would call it brilliant for a kid, but now that I know you painted it, I dont know. I said to her, you know what, that's exactly what I wanted to achieve.

7 hours ago, action said:

I believe, everyone has something magical within them, and it's our job to find out what it is. You know it too, when you find it. it feels like being hit in the stomach and it can be quite distressing. Especially when you feel like a loser all of your life.

I'm happy that there is some criticism too, from @EvanG. I think, otherwise, it could start to affect my sanity. One day, a loser, next day, all that praise. Not healthy. Thanks to Evan, for keeping me both feet on the ground. But I also thank my wife, who says I'm acting ridiculous with my painting. Her criticism, is medicine to my growing ego.

Stop referring to me. I know you really need attention, but leave me out of it. I think you’re a hypocrite and a troll and don’t believe this act you’re trying to pull now because I know better. I’ve read enough of your posts on the gnfnr forum about how you talked about trolling this place and I’ve seen you insult many of the posters here, and then you come here acting like you’re better than everyone else with your nonsensical “wisdom” and criticizing others for insulting you while you were doing the exact same on another forum. You’re a hypocrite and come here for attention and to be a contrarian. Why you’re not banned here is beyond me.

As for your “painting”, no, it’s not good, it’s a bad Van Gogh imitation. But I guess to each their own.

Now stop quoting or referring to me. Thank you.

Edited by EvanG

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

Stop referring to me. I know you really need attention, but leave me out of it. I think you’re a hypocrite and a troll and don’t believe this act you’re trying to pull now because I know better. I’ve read enough of your posts on the gnfnr forum about how you talked about trolling this place and I’ve seen you insult many of the posters here, and then you come here acting like you’re better than everyone else with your nonsensical “wisdom” and criticizing others for insulting you while you were doing the exact same on another forum. You’re a hypocrite and come here for attention and to be a contrarian. Why you’re not banned here is beyond me.

As for your “painting”, no, it’s not good, it’s a bad Van Gogh imitation. But I guess to each their own.

Now stop quoting or referring to me. Thank you.

why do you not join me on the other forum? it will be much easier for you, to call me out on my negativity on there.

me and my friends on there, will invite you with open arms

ok, I will stop quoting you. The moment you jump in with a quote, a laughing emoticon, or a mention of me, then I'll go back to quoting you. A fair and square deal.

The only reason I called you out on your negativity is because you started it by calling me negative on here, this very forum. You forgot again? It was the pot calling the kettle black. I explained this already. Or getting all ''offended'' when SoulMonster calls you a moron while you said so much worse about him and others on other forums, is pretty hypocritical, or just trolling behaviour as you so proudly talked about on the other GnR forums? You are fake and I don't believe you.

Now, let's make a deal, you ignore me and I ignore you, because this surely is a waste of time.

Edited by EvanG

13 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Now, let's make a deal, you ignore me and I ignore you, because this surely is a waste of time.

sure, we'll make a deal. But only, to show my good will, and my genuine intention to make this community better for everyone involved.

A deal, you should understand, always involves mutual efforts and benefits. If one party breaks their obligation, the other party is releaved from their own obligation.

You don't quote me, put laugh emoticons or mention me to other people. If you do any of those, you leave me no option to quote you.

This deal does not, under any form, deny my right to post here, including my opinions on covid, my well meant nuggets of whisdom, my observations on the current cultural climate including the next indiana jones flick, and lastly, but not least, my next painting called "lightning" which I'll  be posting here shortly. It also does not negate my right to post whatever I wish on other platforms, which I will surely continue to do so, and it certainly does not negate my right to insult people on other platforms, who insult me on here. I can't be denied, what other people are allowed. 

Should you feel inclined to comment, react, or mention any of these in the future, then you are allowed to do so, but then I reserve the right to quote you.

I feel this is a balanced, fair, deal. All I need is your agreement and good understanding of all of the above, then we're good to go.

Just now, action said:

sure, we'll make a deal. But only, to show my good will, and my genuine intention to make this community better for everyone involved.

A deal, you should understand, always involves mutual efforts and benefits. If one party breaks their obligation, the other party is releaved from their own obligation.

You don't quote me, put laugh emoticons or mention me to other people. If you do any of those, you leave me no option to quote you.

This deal does not, under any form, deny my right to post here, including my opinions on covid, my well meant nuggets of whisdom, my observations on the current cultural climate including the next indiana jones flick, and lastly, but not least, my next painting called "lightning" which I'll  be posting here shortly. It also does not negate my right to post whatever I wish on other platforms, which I will surely continue to do so, and it certainly does not negate my right to insult people on other platforms, who insult me on here. I can't be denied, what other people are allowed. 

Should you feel inclined to comment, react, or mention any of these in the future, then you are allowed to do so, but then I reserve the right to quote you.

I feel this is a balanced, fair, deal. All I need is your agreement and good understanding of all of the above, then we're good to go.

Oh for god's sake, get over yourself. I think I used a laughing emoticon once or twice to one of your posts in all those years. You're either trolling now or fucking insane. You ignore me. And I ignore you. Period. Fucking hell....

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh for god's sake, get over yourself. I think I used a laughing emoticon once or twice to one of your posts in all those years. You're either trolling now or fucking insane. You ignore me. And I ignore you. Period. Fucking hell....

ok, I'm convinced now. you're a troll.

you litterally removed a laughing emoticon to one of my posts, a couple of posts earlier, but ok lol

no mate, I'm afraid I can't accept your demand. You being able to troll me, and I wouldnt be able to respons. It dont work that way. 

never, ever, tell me what to do again.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

The only reason I called you out on your negativity is because you started it by calling me negative on here, this very forum. You forgot again? It was the pot calling the kettle black. I explained this already. Or getting all ''offended'' when SoulMonster calls you a moron while you said so much worse about him and others on other forums, is pretty hypocritical, or just trolling behaviour as you so proudly talked about on the other GnR forums? You are fake and I don't believe you.

fox GIF

27 minutes ago, action said:

ok, I'm convinced now. you're a troll.

you litterally removed a laughing emoticon to one of my posts, a couple of posts earlier, but ok lol

no mate, I'm afraid I can't accept your demand. You being able to troll me, and I wouldnt be able to respons. It dont work that way. 

never, ever, tell me what to do again.

No, I didn't. I used a laughing emoticon for your Vincent van Gogh rip off, though. And it's still there, I just checked.
Now again, stop quoting me, for crying out loud. You even quoted me twice now, you're obsessed.

13 minutes ago, action said:

fox GIF

Yeah, that's the only way to react when you don't have an answer, some lame gif. You did the same when you got exposed when Jan posted those links to your nasty posts on the other board and you lied and said you never insulted members from MYGNR. Way to go.

Edited by EvanG

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

No, I didn't. I used a laughing emoticon for your Vincent van Gogh rip off, though. And it's still there, I just checked.
Now again, stop quoting me, for crying out loud. You even quoted me twice now, you're obsessed.

Yeah, that's the only way to react when you don't have an answer, some lame gif. You did the same when you got exposed when Jan posted those links to your nasty posts on the other board and you lied and said you never insulted members from MYGNR. Way to go.

Drama Monkey GIF

Christ it's a desperate state on this forum when the primary posting content is a a pseudo-intellectual acting high and mighty, and taking the moral high ground, whilst also acting like a little child and constantly needing the last word.

Thank god JanRichmond has sense.

In other news, hi all.

Passed probation in my new job today. 3 months down, 3 months until I am hopefully getting a promotion.

• Like 2