General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

All the channels today had the opening statements to the George Floyd trial.

Thank goodness they stopped showing the trial after that.

It was on CNN which okay. I don't see why we should be forced to watch any trial if we don't want to when there are tons of news channels to have it on.

Everyday is some horrible event, so watching my soaps is one way I can de-stress.

I don't see how the cop won't get found guilty. It's on video and we have all seen it. He went too far to contain George and he died.  It was a terrible thing to happen and should not have happened to George or anyone else.

Either way, whatever the decision will be, it's not going to be easy and not everyone will accept the verdict.

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

All the channels today had the opening statements to the George Floyd trial.

Thank goodness they stopped showing the trial after that.

It was on CNN which okay. I don't see why we should be forced to watch any trial if we don't want to when there are tons of news channels to have it on.

Everyday is some horrible event, so watching my soaps is one way I can de-stress.

I don't see how the cop won't get found guilty. It's on video and we have all seen it. He went too far to contain George and he died.  It was a terrible thing to happen and should not have happened to George or anyone else.

Either way, whatever the decision will be, it's not going to be easy and not everyone will accept the verdict.

agreed. Murder in cold blood is going a bit too far. Racist cops are out of control over there in the US and it's nothing new. Difference is people can film everything nowdays with their smart phones.

a lot of killer cops get away with it actually but this particular piece of shit is probably not going to. You are not forced to watch it, but it's one of the most horrific and shameful crimes that happened recently so naturally CNN is going to cover it.

Edited by Rovim

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The weather has been beautiful for the most part in Detroit lately. 

Here too. Today has been wonderful. Though the temperature is suppose to plummet below freezing on Thursday.  But I’ll take what I can get at this point. 

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

agreed. Murder in cold blood is going a bit too far. Racist cops are out of control over there in the US and it's nothing new. Difference is people can film everything nowdays with their smart phones.

a lot of killer cops get away with it actually but this particular piece of shit is probably not going to. You are not forced to watch it, but it's one of the most horrific and shameful crimes that happened recently so naturally CNN is going to cover it.

Well, the trial is on CNN now. So sad to hear the people who witnessed Floyd die was just terrible to hear. 

I do understand that some of the cops thought the crowd might get out of hand, but none of them threatened the police. You hear them say let him go or get off of him. Believe me, if some of the crowd wanted to get out of hand it would have happened. Some of the witnesses felt very bad that they didn't do anything, but if they did, would they have been shot? You just don't know these days? It was a hard decision to make, but yeah it's all on video so I don't know how anyone could think it was Floyd's fault?

I'm just afraid of things getting out of hand if the verdict isn't what everyone expects it to be. One lawyer said if one person thinks Floyd taking those pills could have caused his heart attack, the cop might get acquited and I know that won't be right and that will probably make things alot worse.

I just don't know why the other cops didn't make that cop get off of him?  It was obvious that Floyd had no fight left in him to be a threat.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The weather has been beautiful for the most part in Detroit lately. 

Dallas has had nice mild weather, but we expect rain storms tonight and then cooler temps, which is okay by me. Summers in Texas are too hot and too damn long.

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

And still some people are attacking Asian Americans, which unfortunately has gone on the back burner now with Floyd's trial. So many things going wrong at once. Changes need to be made and fast. We are a country of many people and we all need to realize it and be more tolerant of everyone. You might not agree or get along with everyone, but just be more open and move on.

I honestly don't know why anyone from other countries still come here. Don't they see what is going on? Just too damn sad.

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Here too. Today has been wonderful. Though the temperature is suppose to plummet below freezing on Thursday.  But I’ll take what I can get at this point. 

Our temps have help pretty steady. There's been a LOT of wind, but I'll take it in exchange for the overall temp lift. 

On 3/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, Gracii Guns said:

One of my clients is a popular long-running online forum, comparable to mygnr in many ways. It's part of a lifestyle brand which has a magazine. After twenty years, the magazine is publishing an article on the most dedicated forum members.

All we get is mockery on the other forums! :lol:

We get mocked? :(

8 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Who am I talking about?  Great singer, great writer, really good actor. And if you take away all of those things he's still one of the best drummers ever. I'm not a huge fan of this person but i was thinking damn, he is truly gifted.

Grohl?

9 hours ago, Graeme said:

We get mocked? :(

I've only ever looked once and it appeared to be a range of openions from ex-mygnr people. Obviously those forums only exist because they can't be this one. Don't worry Graeme, you're as nice as pie. It's folks who become moderators, or have a particular shtick who recieved the criticism.

Hope you're doing well, where are you these days? 

2 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Ding ding, you are correct my friend. Like i said, I'm not a big fan but there's no denying his multi talents. He's not just a triple threat, he's a quadruple threat.

Yeah, i guess it when you said is more Pop that rock. Not was many options that Phil Collins, and actor, writer, singer an drummer, he is only one

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Nope, lol, great guess though. Think more pop than rock.

MGK?

He played a great Tommy Lee in the Motley movie and has acted in other movies as well as a great singer and an amazing drummer as well as guitar player. 

He also looks amazing in pink! lol

17 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Well, one could make a case for Ringo but he's not the singer Phil is. Having said that, I'm a big Ringo fan.

Ringo did sing when he was in the Beatles as well as some of his other bands.  He can still jump around like a teenager. lol

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Ding ding, you are correct my friend. Like i said, I'm not a big fan but there's no denying his multi talents. He's not just a triple threat, he's a quadruple threat.

Damn posted after you posted this. There I go not reading all the posts again! lol But yeah Phil is one of the best singer/drummer/song writers around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Rapper DMX overdosed and had a heart attack. I read two different things. One was he is in a vegetative state, the other is he has some brain activity. Such a shame.

X is probably in my top 5 hip hop wise. Hope he can pull through.