General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

13 minutes ago, downzy said:

We had our big thaw last week, which is typical for this time of year.  Last year it snowed on and off until May, which is not typical.  

On and off until May is very typical for where I live.

I seriously want to move south, but can't really with the kids being so immersed in this place with friends and activities. Too selfish. Will have to wait until they move out.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree and good for you for not following along with the arseholes I've seen that happen and you end up with really bad place for residents.  When I was in university I worked as a domiciled

Well at least we know why Len's not been about for a while.   https://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-depraved-man-who-had-sex-with-chickens-has-jail-term-reduced-20210130?source=facebook&fbclid=IwA

OK this is more of a rant than anything else. I work at a nursing home as a housekeeper. I won't mention the name of the home because of HIPPA. What pisses me off more than anything is the general lac

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

On and off until May is very typical for where I live.

I seriously want to move south, but can't really with the kids being so immersed in this place with friends and activities. Too selfish. Will have to wait until they move out.

Moving isn't an option here either; and I'm having a hard time seeing my kid ever moving out with the way house prices are going.

We bought our house a year and a half ago and prices are already up 40-50 percent.  Low interest rates and exodus out of the metropolis to smaller communities (thanks to the pandemic) have turned the housing market around me nuts.  As much as I prefer my property value going up rather than down, I'm not loving how out of reach homes have become.  It will either crash back down or home ownership going forward will be limited to those who benefit from luck, timing, and nepotism.  

The killing in Atlanta are definitely a hate crime. This guy drove past other businesses and went right for the ones owned and run by Asians.

Anyone with common sense can see this.

Now of course all the news stations are talking to Asian Americans and asking how this can be stopped? Can it really be stopped?

I was raised to accept all people no matter what. I have never asked anyone if "they are american" or where are you from if they are speaking another language? Who does this? I guess plenty of people do and it's very wrong and sad.

I think in stead of humans getting better and more caring towards each other it's gotten worse. Just hating someone due to how they look or sound is way out of control. Can we change the way people think? I don't think so.

I was raised to be tolerant towards others and i am raising my child the same way. Unfortunately some people and is't all races not just one, teach hatred instead of compassion and caring. If we don't change, we are doomed.

Wow! All those morons on spring break in Miami rioting because the city had an 8 o"clock curfew to get off the beaches. I mean this are college students and this is how they act? it scares me that not one of them has any common sense at all.

Many were arrested but I'm sure they'll get out and hopefully go home, but they will also bring the virus along with them to pass on to their families and friends. I don't feel sorry for any of them since they obviously don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. Talk aabout stupid and selfish at the same time. 

What a waste of college money! It is very sad to see.

Another shooting in a supermarket in Boulder CO. 10 people dead age 20 to 67. How sad is this? One was a police officer who rushed in and was shot dead. He is a husband and father.

The shooter is in custody and he's from CO and a Muslim. Here we go again. Not sure why but the authorities said they will question him. The DA said he will prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law. 

My heart goes out to the families left behind to go through the grief. It seems that's all we do lately is grieve for so many people who have gotten killed for some stupid reason only the killer understands.

Pretty soon anywhere we go there will be guards at the door and maybe metal detectors to make sure we don't have a gun. This will make the prices go up and more expenses on the customers. 

I'm just glad that schools are locked up and you have to talk to the office and state your business before you can be let in and now with covid no one is let into the schools. Your child is brought to the door and you sign them out. This has been the norm since 9/ll and probably will have to be normal forever.

Biden is trying to change gun laws, but who knows if/when it will happen? It seems both parties can't agree on this either.

One of my clients is a popular long-running online forum, comparable to mygnr in many ways. It's part of a lifestyle brand which has a magazine. After twenty years, the magazine is publishing an article on the most dedicated forum members.

All we get is mockery on the other forums! :lol:

Well, I knew the Talk would let Sharon O go after this whole racist accusatons.

First of all Sharon has always spoken her mind and stuck up for her long time friends. Why is it wrong to support a friend even if what they might say might not be acceptable for some people? And after all these years, Sharon is being accused of being racist to other hosts from years ago. Why now? Why not speak up back then?

I guess in this new world only some people are allowed to state their opinion and others can't.

I never liked this show, but do love Sharon for always being honest and speaking her mind. Isn't that what we want in a talk show host?

And what bothers me is why couldn't this show and others privately take care of these issues among the parties who feel this way? Why does it have to be out in public where people always believe the person being called a racist. I don't think it's fair.

If Sharon is a racist, though I doubt it I'm sure other people would come forward and not just the women on the show. Why didn't anyone of these women who have knows Sharon for years support her until the truth comes out. They always said they stick together and support each other. Obviously that's one big lie!

My God one of her best friends has been Elton John forever. What the fuck?

Thank Goodness police caught two other people with guns who wanted to kill more people. 

We can't always stop killings from happening but I commend the police for stopping some of them.

We should talk more about this then how some police commit crimes.

All the channels today had the opening statements to the George Floyd trial.

Thank goodness they stopped showing the trial after that.

It was on CNN which okay. I don't see why we should be forced to watch any trial if we don't want to when there are tons of news channels to have it on.

Everyday is some horrible event, so watching my soaps is one way I can de-stress.

I don't see how the cop won't get found guilty. It's on video and we have all seen it. He went too far to contain George and he died.  It was a terrible thing to happen and should not have happened to George or anyone else.

Either way, whatever the decision will be, it's not going to be easy and not everyone will accept the verdict.

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

All the channels today had the opening statements to the George Floyd trial.

Thank goodness they stopped showing the trial after that.

It was on CNN which okay. I don't see why we should be forced to watch any trial if we don't want to when there are tons of news channels to have it on.

Everyday is some horrible event, so watching my soaps is one way I can de-stress.

I don't see how the cop won't get found guilty. It's on video and we have all seen it. He went too far to contain George and he died.  It was a terrible thing to happen and should not have happened to George or anyone else.

Either way, whatever the decision will be, it's not going to be easy and not everyone will accept the verdict.

agreed. Murder in cold blood is going a bit too far. Racist cops are out of control over there in the US and it's nothing new. Difference is people can film everything nowdays with their smart phones.

a lot of killer cops get away with it actually but this particular piece of shit is probably not going to. You are not forced to watch it, but it's one of the most horrific and shameful crimes that happened recently so naturally CNN is going to cover it.

Edited by Rovim
57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The weather has been beautiful for the most part in Detroit lately. 

Here too. Today has been wonderful. Though the temperature is suppose to plummet below freezing on Thursday.  But I’ll take what I can get at this point. 

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

agreed. Murder in cold blood is going a bit too far. Racist cops are out of control over there in the US and it's nothing new. Difference is people can film everything nowdays with their smart phones.

a lot of killer cops get away with it actually but this particular piece of shit is probably not going to. You are not forced to watch it, but it's one of the most horrific and shameful crimes that happened recently so naturally CNN is going to cover it.

Well, the trial is on CNN now. So sad to hear the people who witnessed Floyd die was just terrible to hear. 

I do understand that some of the cops thought the crowd might get out of hand, but none of them threatened the police. You hear them say let him go or get off of him. Believe me, if some of the crowd wanted to get out of hand it would have happened. Some of the witnesses felt very bad that they didn't do anything, but if they did, would they have been shot? You just don't know these days? It was a hard decision to make, but yeah it's all on video so I don't know how anyone could think it was Floyd's fault?

I'm just afraid of things getting out of hand if the verdict isn't what everyone expects it to be. One lawyer said if one person thinks Floyd taking those pills could have caused his heart attack, the cop might get acquited and I know that won't be right and that will probably make things alot worse.

I just don't know why the other cops didn't make that cop get off of him?  It was obvious that Floyd had no fight left in him to be a threat.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The weather has been beautiful for the most part in Detroit lately. 

Dallas has had nice mild weather, but we expect rain storms tonight and then cooler temps, which is okay by me. Summers in Texas are too hot and too damn long.

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

And still some people are attacking Asian Americans, which unfortunately has gone on the back burner now with Floyd's trial. So many things going wrong at once. Changes need to be made and fast. We are a country of many people and we all need to realize it and be more tolerant of everyone. You might not agree or get along with everyone, but just be more open and move on.

I honestly don't know why anyone from other countries still come here. Don't they see what is going on? Just too damn sad.

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Here too. Today has been wonderful. Though the temperature is suppose to plummet below freezing on Thursday.  But I’ll take what I can get at this point. 

Our temps have help pretty steady. There's been a LOT of wind, but I'll take it in exchange for the overall temp lift. 

On 3/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, Gracii Guns said:

One of my clients is a popular long-running online forum, comparable to mygnr in many ways. It's part of a lifestyle brand which has a magazine. After twenty years, the magazine is publishing an article on the most dedicated forum members.

All we get is mockery on the other forums! :lol:

We get mocked? :(

8 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Who am I talking about?  Great singer, great writer, really good actor. And if you take away all of those things he's still one of the best drummers ever. I'm not a huge fan of this person but i was thinking damn, he is truly gifted.

Grohl?

9 hours ago, Graeme said:

We get mocked? :(

I've only ever looked once and it appeared to be a range of openions from ex-mygnr people. Obviously those forums only exist because they can't be this one. Don't worry Graeme, you're as nice as pie. It's folks who become moderators, or have a particular shtick who recieved the criticism.

Hope you're doing well, where are you these days?