General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

I watched Sharon O on Bill Mahr last night. It was great to see her being allowed to tell her side of the story without being judged for having a different opinion to other women.

anyway, I bet Sharon gets her own talk show and i hope it's on cable so she'll be free to discuss all subjects without being called a racist.

Bill is right on the money for so many things I don't know why the people in charge don't see it.

He's always honest even if you don't agree with him, which sometimes I don't, but it's refreshing to hear different views.

On 4/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, Dazey said:

Guns rule! They shouldn’t be allowed but they are awesome. :lol: 

Texas is allowing anyone 18 and over to carry a gun now. they don't even say you need to learn how to shoot one. God help us all!

In the past month, there have been so many shootings and Texas does this? I'm living in a nightmare!

most 18 years olds can't drive well and now they'll be allowed to have a gun while they're driving around town. A lot of teens don't see the big picture beyond their own nose so I expect more shootings to be happening here. Even though guns aren't allowed in schools, stores or hospitals it doesn't mean it won't happen. It has happened many times here in Texas already.

Common sense has gone out the damn window yet again.

@dontdamnmeuyi2015 Did you watch Tiger King? A personality like his is why I'd feel unsafe in the USA. Give a gun to anyone who has anger issues. They get trigger happy at a lake, or at animals. I bet there's one person on every street in the world who can't manage their anger well. Some throw stuff, some get abusive. Legalising weapons is permissive for violence.

• Like 3

there was a couple on the news the other day who suffer terribly when allergy season hits Texas.

They discovered that last year and so far this year, their allergies have not made them sick as they usually feel.  I have said this since the pandemic started last year, that wearing a mask is helping not only with the virus, but also with allergies and sinus infections. When I heard this I wasn't surprised.

I and my family usually suffer from severe sinus infections at least twice a year and thank goodness since this pandemic and wearing a mask indoors and outdoors we have been healthy with no sinus or any other colds or flu infection.

I think from now on I will wear a face mask especially in the allergy season and on super windy days. If it keeps you healthy I think that's a good thing.

On 4/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, Gracii Guns said:

@dontdamnmeuyi2015 Did you watch Tiger King? A personality like his is why I'd feel unsafe in the USA. Give a gun to anyone who has anger issues. They get trigger happy at a lake, or at animals. I bet there's one person on every street in the world who can't manage their anger well. Some throw stuff, some get abusive. Legalising weapons is permissive for violence.

Thank goodness he's in jail and the animals are in a safe haven now.

I didn't watch the show but did see other specials with him and knew the man was crazy from the start. He should have been put in jail long ago for animal abuse.  I hope he rots in jail.

39 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What has the fantastic people of mygnrforum planned for this weekend then? I am just going to drive kids around, drink wine, and watch a game or two. Hopefully no work.

I’m already doing it. In the pub! Woo hoo!!!!!! :lol: 

oOGOyZd.jpg

Tomorrow I’m back at the gym and taking Jr. to dance class and Sunday she’s got stage school so I’m basically a taxi driver. 

Edited by Dazey
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’m already doing it. In the pub! Woo hoo!!!!!! :lol: 

oOGOyZd.jpg

Tomorrow I’m back at the gym and taking Jr. to dance class and Sunday she’s got stage school so I’m basically a taxi driver. 

Wow, you are sticking with the gym thing. Impressive,

And I soooo envy being out having a beer. I have to do with being drunk inside on wine.

How old is junior now? If I were to guess, I'd say 5?

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Wow, you are sticking with the gym thing. Impressive,

And I soooo envy being out having a beer. I have to do with being drunk inside on wine.

How old is junior now? If I were to guess, I'd say 5?

Close. She’s 6 though thankfully I don’t have to pay for another birthday until November. 😂

I've seen many interviews with the mother of the girl who was shot for trying to stab other girls and not one person asked her why her daughter had a knife and was trying to attack the other two girls? I did hear on the news that these girls were from the same family, so no one knows why she was trying to stab them? I would think someone would have asked the mother if she knew why this has happened?

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What has the fantastic people of mygnrforum planned for this weekend then? I am just going to drive kids around, drink wine, and watch a game or two. Hopefully no work.

Hang with my family and watch some movies and have dinner. It's supposed to be getting warmer in Dallas this weekend and the rest of the new week. Here comes summer!

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Work for me, but it's kind of fun work, so I'm good. My oldest daughter is at her dad's, so no driving around for me this weekend. Just me and my little baby girl (who I don't think I've mentioned here) :wub: We might go out for a stroll. Nothing more to do here during corona anyway. The weather should be good, only a bit chilly. Bars and restaurants are supposed to open again in two weeks, but I think I'll just wait it out until I get my vaccine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I've seen many interviews with the mother of the girl who was shot for trying to stab other girls and not one person asked her why her daughter had a knife and was trying to attack the other two girls? I did hear on the news that these girls were from the same family, so no one knows why she was trying to stab them? I would think someone would have asked the mother if she knew why this has happened?

Hang with my family and watch some movies and have dinner. It's supposed to be getting warmer in Dallas this weekend and the rest of the new week. Here comes summer!

A movie called Gargoyles is on Svengoolie, sounds great. I wish I still got MeTV

My wife's friend just brought us a massive homemade meal out of the blue. They're fasting for Ramadan and brought a bunch of food for us just before sunset when they break their fast. Fucking delicious it was! :drool:

• Like 2

I'm trying to tap out of freelancing. After ten years in the industry, my skills are really good, and my day rate has to reflect that. 

I've had two months of being told that my quotes are outside of budgets. From everyone, startups to multimillion pound companies who count Jaguar and Unilever among clients. 

Everyone on every freelancing podcast ever says "charge your worth" and there are some who advocate for charging by value instead of time. (I.e. charging more for the same work). 

But nobody who enquires is buying. To solve this I need to reposition my business, but that requires my husband to edit my website.

I'm done. I'm so done. 

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

What percentage are they claiming you're overcharging by and how long are you taking to complete the work?

If you're not overcharging, produce high quality and you're fast - maybe you're too fast. Like if you can do I dunno $500 worth of work for a design in 1 day maybe you should arbitrarily drag it out a bit and tell the cheap bastards it'll take 3 days so they feel you've put the hours in. :lol:

Or maybe your competitors are fucking you cause it's a very competitive field and they're doing the same for less.

You get what you pay for. If my competitors are charging less, they'll be earning a poverty salary. (I am friendly with my closest competitor, I know how much he charges). It's crowded at the bottom, but the cream always rises. I've worked so hard to improve my skills and the reward isn't there for doing so. 

Hoping it's just a rough patch. 

Edited by Gracii Guns

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Israel and Palisteine are at it again. I don't think there will ever be a lasting peace between them. I can't believe how buildings were totally destroyed in those cities. I don't know how people live through this conflict so much. Watching the footage was so unreal but seeing people running was horrible to watch.  Israel will always defend itself when attacked. I know they never back down from a fight and don't care what other countries think about it. 

And even if the US wants to give North Korea the vaccine, they said they won't accept it. Whatever. Those people will always suffer in that country and their leader doesn't give a shit. It's sad, but it's always been that way.  

It seems there will always be people who will suffer throughout their lives, no matter what.

I was watching that 3 hr of GMA and the doctor they have on that show said suffering is part of life and it makes us stronger. I was thinking of those in horrible countries that suffer every minute of their lives and what they would say to her words? I don't think suffering for some people makes them stronger it just makes them beaten down and they just give up on their lives. And it's sad to see and know.

Sometimes people of means don't know what the fuck they are saying. INstead of words, maybe she should use her money and power to try to change some things for people who can't help themselves.

The homeless people who live in tents and have nothing suffer every day too, does it make them stronger does it feed their babies does it warm them? I don't think so.

After the "rock and roll hall of fame" inducting Jay Z over Iron Maiden, they really need to take off the "rock and roll" and just put Music hall of fame because there are more and more non rock acts getting in. It's making me so sick with all this BS.

I won't be watching this show at all this year!

It's getting to be a joke and it's on rock and roll and metal acts. not cool at all!

Other types of music genres have their own award shows and that's okay, but not the rock and roll shows. I guess it would be considered racist to not include all types of acts now. Don't get it?

Well, I guess there's yet another war in the middle east. There will never be peace in this region. 

Biden said Israel has the right to defend themselves. Honestly, I don't think Israel cares about what the US or anyone else thinks about what they do. It's well known they will protect their country and they don't ever back down from a fight. My moneys on them.

On 5/12/2021 at 6:01 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

After the "rock and roll hall of fame" inducting Jay Z over Iron Maiden, they really need to take off the "rock and roll" and just put Music hall of fame because there are more and more non rock acts getting in. It's making me so sick with all this BS.

I won't be watching this show at all this year!

It's getting to be a joke and it's on rock and roll and metal acts. not cool at all!

Other types of music genres have their own award shows and that's okay, but not the rock and roll shows. I guess it would be considered racist to not include all types of acts now. Don't get it?

From what I've gathered, the RnR Hall of Fame isn't taken seriously by anyone but the people who work for it. I remember Jon Bon Jovi being asked what the award meant to him, and his response was "it means I'm old". 

I agree that the branding is off. But pure rock n roll (as in rock music one can dance to, with a partner) hasn't been fresh since the 60s really. I appreciate the celebration of rock music, but it's just one art form of many which inspires our lives.