General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

30 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Disagree. 

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. 

It's far easier to massacre a school with a machine gun than a knife though. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree and good for you for not following along with the arseholes I've seen that happen and you end up with really bad place for residents.  When I was in university I worked as a domiciled

Well at least we know why Len's not been about for a while.   https://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-depraved-man-who-had-sex-with-chickens-has-jail-term-reduced-20210130?source=facebook&fbclid=IwA

OK this is more of a rant than anything else. I work at a nursing home as a housekeeper. I won't mention the name of the home because of HIPPA. What pisses me off more than anything is the general lac

32 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's far easier to massacre a school with a machine gun than a knife though. 

While I agree with your statement, terrorists will find other ways to kill others if we take guns out of the equation. They will just start bombing schools and other buildings. 

Society is full of sick and twisted people. People will continue to murder until we are all dead. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

While I agree with your statement, terrorists will find other ways to kill others if we take guns out of the equation. They will just start bombing schools and other buildings. 

Society is full of sick and twisted people. People will continue to murder until we are all dead. 

Yeah, that doesn't happen at anywhere the same rate in other developed countries as it does in the US.  It's not a human nature problem; it's a policy problem.  Otherwise all developed nations would share similar murder rates when controlled for poverty, education, social mobility, healthcare.  They don't.  America is an outlier for the simple reason it does fuck all about keeping guns away from terrible people.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Guns rule! They shouldn’t be allowed but they are awesome. :lol: 

I agree.  They are cool and I'd love to have a hand at different models at a shooting range.  But the idea that anyone can have one is insane.  

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

But the idea that anyone can have one is insane.  

Especially me! 

Last time I got my hands on a hand gun in Texas I almost deafened myself shooting (full) paint cans in my brother-in-laws garage. :lol:  

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

Especially me! 

Last time I got my hands on a hand gun in Texas I almost deafened myself shooting (full) paint cans in my brother-in-laws garage. :lol:  

Did you know they were full before you started shooting them?

I'll never understand why Americans love their guns :shrugs: I also don't understand why their healthcare is so expensive compared to the rest of the world.

I've only seen a tiny bit of USA and everyone I met was awesome, but I don't think I'd wanna live there just because of those 2 issues.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, willl said:

I've only seen a tiny bit of USA and everyone I met was awesome  

You’re welcome. :lol: 

I watched Sharon O on Bill Mahr last night. It was great to see her being allowed to tell her side of the story without being judged for having a different opinion to other women.

anyway, I bet Sharon gets her own talk show and i hope it's on cable so she'll be free to discuss all subjects without being called a racist.

Bill is right on the money for so many things I don't know why the people in charge don't see it.

He's always honest even if you don't agree with him, which sometimes I don't, but it's refreshing to hear different views.

On 4/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, Dazey said:

Guns rule! They shouldn’t be allowed but they are awesome. :lol: 

Texas is allowing anyone 18 and over to carry a gun now. they don't even say you need to learn how to shoot one. God help us all!

In the past month, there have been so many shootings and Texas does this? I'm living in a nightmare!

most 18 years olds can't drive well and now they'll be allowed to have a gun while they're driving around town. A lot of teens don't see the big picture beyond their own nose so I expect more shootings to be happening here. Even though guns aren't allowed in schools, stores or hospitals it doesn't mean it won't happen. It has happened many times here in Texas already.

Common sense has gone out the damn window yet again.

@dontdamnmeuyi2015 Did you watch Tiger King? A personality like his is why I'd feel unsafe in the USA. Give a gun to anyone who has anger issues. They get trigger happy at a lake, or at animals. I bet there's one person on every street in the world who can't manage their anger well. Some throw stuff, some get abusive. Legalising weapons is permissive for violence.

• Like 3

there was a couple on the news the other day who suffer terribly when allergy season hits Texas.

They discovered that last year and so far this year, their allergies have not made them sick as they usually feel.  I have said this since the pandemic started last year, that wearing a mask is helping not only with the virus, but also with allergies and sinus infections. When I heard this I wasn't surprised.

I and my family usually suffer from severe sinus infections at least twice a year and thank goodness since this pandemic and wearing a mask indoors and outdoors we have been healthy with no sinus or any other colds or flu infection.

I think from now on I will wear a face mask especially in the allergy season and on super windy days. If it keeps you healthy I think that's a good thing.

On 4/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, Gracii Guns said:

@dontdamnmeuyi2015 Did you watch Tiger King? A personality like his is why I'd feel unsafe in the USA. Give a gun to anyone who has anger issues. They get trigger happy at a lake, or at animals. I bet there's one person on every street in the world who can't manage their anger well. Some throw stuff, some get abusive. Legalising weapons is permissive for violence.

Thank goodness he's in jail and the animals are in a safe haven now.

I didn't watch the show but did see other specials with him and knew the man was crazy from the start. He should have been put in jail long ago for animal abuse.  I hope he rots in jail.

39 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What has the fantastic people of mygnrforum planned for this weekend then? I am just going to drive kids around, drink wine, and watch a game or two. Hopefully no work.

I’m already doing it. In the pub! Woo hoo!!!!!! :lol: 

oOGOyZd.jpg

Tomorrow I’m back at the gym and taking Jr. to dance class and Sunday she’s got stage school so I’m basically a taxi driver. 

Edited by Dazey
  • GNFNR 1
17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’m already doing it. In the pub! Woo hoo!!!!!! :lol: 

oOGOyZd.jpg

Tomorrow I’m back at the gym and taking Jr. to dance class and Sunday she’s got stage school so I’m basically a taxi driver. 

Wow, you are sticking with the gym thing. Impressive,

And I soooo envy being out having a beer. I have to do with being drunk inside on wine.

How old is junior now? If I were to guess, I'd say 5?

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Wow, you are sticking with the gym thing. Impressive,

And I soooo envy being out having a beer. I have to do with being drunk inside on wine.

How old is junior now? If I were to guess, I'd say 5?

Close. She’s 6 though thankfully I don’t have to pay for another birthday until November. 😂

I've seen many interviews with the mother of the girl who was shot for trying to stab other girls and not one person asked her why her daughter had a knife and was trying to attack the other two girls? I did hear on the news that these girls were from the same family, so no one knows why she was trying to stab them? I would think someone would have asked the mother if she knew why this has happened?

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What has the fantastic people of mygnrforum planned for this weekend then? I am just going to drive kids around, drink wine, and watch a game or two. Hopefully no work.

Hang with my family and watch some movies and have dinner. It's supposed to be getting warmer in Dallas this weekend and the rest of the new week. Here comes summer!

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Work for me, but it's kind of fun work, so I'm good. My oldest daughter is at her dad's, so no driving around for me this weekend. Just me and my little baby girl (who I don't think I've mentioned here) :wub: We might go out for a stroll. Nothing more to do here during corona anyway. The weather should be good, only a bit chilly. Bars and restaurants are supposed to open again in two weeks, but I think I'll just wait it out until I get my vaccine.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I've seen many interviews with the mother of the girl who was shot for trying to stab other girls and not one person asked her why her daughter had a knife and was trying to attack the other two girls? I did hear on the news that these girls were from the same family, so no one knows why she was trying to stab them? I would think someone would have asked the mother if she knew why this has happened?

Hang with my family and watch some movies and have dinner. It's supposed to be getting warmer in Dallas this weekend and the rest of the new week. Here comes summer!

A movie called Gargoyles is on Svengoolie, sounds great. I wish I still got MeTV

8 hours ago, Lio said:

Work for me, but it's kind of fun work, so I'm good. My oldest daughter is at her dad's, so no driving around for me this weekend. Just me and my little baby girl (who I don't think I've mentioned here) :wub: 

Congratulations!!! 

• Thanks 1