General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% agree and good for you for not following along with the arseholes I've seen that happen and you end up with really bad place for residents.  When I was in university I worked as a domiciled

Well at least we know why Len's not been about for a while.   https://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-depraved-man-who-had-sex-with-chickens-has-jail-term-reduced-20210130?source=facebook&fbclid=IwA

OK this is more of a rant than anything else. I work at a nursing home as a housekeeper. I won't mention the name of the home because of HIPPA. What pisses me off more than anything is the general lac

My wife's friend just brought us a massive homemade meal out of the blue. They're fasting for Ramadan and brought a bunch of food for us just before sunset when they break their fast. Fucking delicious it was! :drool:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I'm trying to tap out of freelancing. After ten years in the industry, my skills are really good, and my day rate has to reflect that. 

I've had two months of being told that my quotes are outside of budgets. From everyone, startups to multimillion pound companies who count Jaguar and Unilever among clients. 

Everyone on every freelancing podcast ever says "charge your worth" and there are some who advocate for charging by value instead of time. (I.e. charging more for the same work). 

But nobody who enquires is buying. To solve this I need to reposition my business, but that requires my husband to edit my website.

I'm done. I'm so done. 

12 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I'm trying to tap out of freelancing. After ten years in the industry, my skills are really good, and my day rate has to reflect that. 

I've had two months of being told that my quotes are outside of budgets. From everyone, startups to multimillion pound companies who count Jaguar and Unilever among clients. 

Everyone on every freelancing podcast ever says "charge your worth" and there are some who advocate for charging by value instead of time. (I.e. charging more for the same work). 

But nobody who enquires is buying. To solve this I need to reposition my business, but that requires my husband to edit my website.

I'm done. I'm so done. 

What percentage are they claiming you're overcharging by and how long are you taking to complete the work?

If you're not overcharging, produce high quality and you're fast - maybe you're too fast. Like if you can do I dunno $500 worth of work for a design in 1 day maybe you should arbitrarily drag it out a bit and tell the cheap bastards it'll take 3 days so they feel you've put the hours in. :lol:

Or maybe your competitors are fucking you cause it's a very competitive field and they're doing the same for less.

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

What percentage are they claiming you're overcharging by and how long are you taking to complete the work?

If you're not overcharging, produce high quality and you're fast - maybe you're too fast. Like if you can do I dunno $500 worth of work for a design in 1 day maybe you should arbitrarily drag it out a bit and tell the cheap bastards it'll take 3 days so they feel you've put the hours in. :lol:

Or maybe your competitors are fucking you cause it's a very competitive field and they're doing the same for less.

You get what you pay for. If my competitors are charging less, they'll be earning a poverty salary. (I am friendly with my closest competitor, I know how much he charges). It's crowded at the bottom, but the cream always rises. I've worked so hard to improve my skills and the reward isn't there for doing so. 

Hoping it's just a rough patch. 

Edited by Gracii Guns