Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How to know something is real - Axl sounds like shit.

I don't know why this type of attention seeking doesn't get old for some people.  The post in question reads like "I have some unleaked GN'R songs, but I'm cooler than you guys because I don't ev

There is mention of the song for the Jackie Chan movie in Matt's book, too. Matt refers to it as a song "Axl had" (with no vocals yet), which Rick Rubin (who was very briefly involved) liked. This - c

8 hours ago, jafeijo said:

Do you guys think it might be a bit frustrating for a guitar hero like Slash, having to learn a song from other era to play in his own band? And even so, a 4 chord song? I mean, I really like the song, it's a good rocker and stuff, but it can be a tricky situation. The band is reunited and the first song that comes to mind in terms of releasing something is an old Chinese leak. Axl wants to revisit the chinese era rather than do something fresh. Never thought about it that way, since I was really pumped when the rehearsal video came up.

I wonder what that was about...

I would bet most of an eventual new album will be CD2, re-worked in part or whole by the other members. (Most of Axl's vocals probably will be from years ago)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I would bet most of an eventual new album will be CD2, re-worked in part or whole by the other members. (Most of Axl's vocals probably will be from years ago)

Axl seemed to be disappointed in the China exchange interview that a lot of Gn'R fans didn't like his choice of singing a lot of Chinese in his clean voice which is why I think it's possible he might choose to use his classic rasp more or at least record new vocals with less of a clean tone.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having listened to the sound check again okay, it's pretty cool and obviously real. But it's still all very weird. 

I guess it's a repeat of IRS, Better and TWAT leaking causing the band to play them in 2006. Although if they hadn't imagine the outrage, they come back off a 3 year hiatus and play the same set. 

I'd be happy if a new album was essentially cd2. I think Atlas, HS, General etc will be far more interesting then the and crap Slash and Duff have put out. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

I'd be happy if a new album was essentially cd2. I think Atlas, HS, General etc will be far more interesting then the and crap Slash and Duff have put out. 

The only way I can see this realistically happening is if the NITL lineup collapses, and we're back to square one with an unknown GNR band.  A weird thing to wish for, but it might be the only way songs like The General could get an official release anytime soon.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gackt said:

The only way I can see this realistically happening is if the NITL lineup collapses, and we're back to square one with an unknown GNR band.  A weird thing to wish for, but it might be the only way songs like The General could get an official release anytime soon.

Yeah, this has always worried me. Although Axl & Slash may have buried their personal issues I have to think that their creative differences are still an issue. Maybe they're ignoring it. I don't know, but hard to see Slash getting on board with some of the industrial/experimental stuff from the CD era.

 

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl seemed to be disappointed in the China exchange interview that a lot of Gn'R fans didn't like his choice of singing a lot of Chinese in his clean voice which is why I think it's possible he might choose to use his classic rasp more or at least record new vocals with less of a clean tone.

I think this is the best reason we have for why he sings like this now. It's just too difficult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He sounded good on those leaked soundcheck videos, he did sound poor on the actual concert though. 

Ordinarily of course you would have had a point😋

Pretty Tied Up in particular sounded great. Further proof that they should stick to songs that allow him to sing in that range!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Pretty Tied Up in particular sounded great. Further proof that they should stick to songs that allow him to sing in that range!

Bad Obsession would be nice too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I'd be happy if a new album was essentially cd2. I think Atlas, HS, General etc will be far more interesting then the and crap Slash and Duff have put out. 

 

There's some stuff like Hardschool and Perhaps that the current lineup would probably sound good on, but I hope they stay away from stuff like State Of Grace or The General... hopefully a lot of the CD material gets released as a box set one day so we can hear the 2001-2006 recordings.

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gackt said:

The only way I can see this realistically happening is if the NITL lineup collapses, and we're back to square one with an unknown GNR band.  A weird thing to wish for, but it might be the only way songs like The General could get an official release anytime soon.

If the NITL lineup collapses then that is it for GNR. Some people need to realize this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

No it wasnt soundchecked.  It was said because people like to listen to conversations other people are having. Also at that point it was also on the set list as a joke.

So you're saying the clip circulating of the band playing it is a fake?

It sure as shit sounds like Axl to me.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

No it wasnt soundchecked.  It was said because people like to listen to conversations other people are having. Also at that point it was also on the set list as a joke.

What do you mean by 'listen to conversations other people are having'?

There's a good chance it was soundchecked in late 2019... I mean, they were playing Madagascar at soundcheck for over a month before they finally played live it in 2017, they played TWAT before the Vegas 2016 shows, it's not exactly uncommon for them to soundcheck something and then not play it for a while. :shrugs:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I would bet most of an eventual new album will be CD2, re-worked in part or whole by the other members. (Most of Axl's vocals probably will be from years ago)

Axl seems to be able to sing ok in a studio setting, (rock the rock)but with take after take and pro tools I have no doubt we could have a weak CD era vocal on a new album.

I remember how excited I was to hear Axl sing on Angel Down back in like 06 and I believe those sessions were very short and he pulled it off flawlessly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, Dean said:

I hate the thought of leaks forcing Axl's hand, but it was too much of a coincidence for me not to lean that way. 

Thank you Rick by take care of us. 

What a glorious period that was. I will never forget hearing Atlas for the first time and how it instantly changed my life...along with everyone else's.

😄 I’m going to make a banner and take it to my GnR shows this November - “thanks to Rick he’s better than the old one (MSL)”

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 10:23 PM, fear the juggalo2 said:

They did not soundcheck it there.  (But, what do i know?)

Yes they did. I was there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

They did not soundcheck it at the Hollywood Palladium show.  So if you were there, u prob heard it loud on someones car stereo, or you had some magic mushrooms.  

I was actually there outside when the band was rehearsing. But sure, go on with your bad self :jerkoff:

Edited by DTV88
.
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

😄 I’m going to make a banner and take it to my GnR shows this November - “thanks to Rick he’s better than the old one (MSL)”

I'm going to hold you to that my good sir!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The leaks did not “force Axl’s hand.” Nor did they in 2006. Hard Skool was one of the songs that Slash REALLY liked since it had an old Guns vibe and was a straight up, in your face rocker as soon as the intro was dropped. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 12:26 PM, James Bond said:

Pretty Tied Up in particular sounded great. Further proof that they should stick to songs that allow him to sing in that range!

Or just change his delivery on some songs and use that voice..  It would be different but still sound good..  I would take that over him sounding like Mickey Mouse..

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

The leaks did not “force Axl’s hand.” Nor did they in 2006. Hard Skool was one of the songs that Slash REALLY liked since it had an old Guns vibe and was a straight up, in your face rocker as soon as the intro was dropped. 

Is this speculation or does it have a source? I can't remember him ever mentioning it by name. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...