Happy birthday Steven Adler.

Great to see some GNR fans still appreciate Steven Adler. I kept my promise of having a token drink and listening to and watching appetite era GNR. I’ve a question though. I was watching rocket queen from the ritz and am I remembering right that it’s the sound guy that axl fucks the mic at at the end of the song ? 

4 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Happy 56th birthday to the legend that is Steven Adler. A huge part of the AFD era guns I think we’d all agree because his drumming while very different to Matt sorum is technique had a grove to it that was perfect. And thankfully through all the stuff he’s gone through it’s great he’s still here and doing okay.

Steven Adler probably has more to do with me being a huge GNR fan than any other member past or present without even knowing it. I knew who GNR were but I was looking up famous people who share my birthday and Steven Adler and I have the same birthday(twenty years apart) which lead me to really read up on the band twenty years ago. So, for that weird connection I’m happy that he’s still here because even though of the three times I’ve seen GNR live he’s not been there without him I may never have become a GNR fan. And for all the times I complain about them or whatever I couldn’t imagine not being a GNR fan. 

And I’m going to listen to some GNR tonight and maybe drink in his honour. 

Then Happy Birthday to you!! 🎂🎁🍷

6 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Happy 56th birthday to the legend that is Steven Adler. A huge part of the AFD era guns I think we’d all agree because his drumming while very different to Matt sorum is technique had a grove to it that was perfect. And thankfully through all the stuff he’s gone through it’s great he’s still here and doing okay.

Steven Adler probably has more to do with me being a huge GNR fan than any other member past or present without even knowing it. I knew who GNR were but I was looking up famous people who share my birthday and Steven Adler and I have the same birthday(twenty years apart) which lead me to really read up on the band twenty years ago. So, for that weird connection I’m happy that he’s still here because even though of the three times I’ve seen GNR live he’s not been there without him I may never have become a GNR fan. And for all the times I complain about them or whatever I couldn’t imagine not being a GNR fan. 

And I’m going to listen to some GNR tonight and maybe drink in his honour. 

So, you're 76 years old?😄

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dean said:

Steven plays with a swing that is a large part of Appetite's charm. Happy birthday to the both of you.

Tiocfaidh ar la!

As Izzy said "Steven was the guy that gave the songs their feel, when he was gone it did not work"  while I personally am a fan of many songs on the UYI albums it would have been better with Steve on them as the songs on the UYI albums are to technical and produced and they lost that Rock n Roll/Rolling Stones feel they had on Appetite and Lies

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Adler is definitely my favorite GNR drummer.  I'd love to get a netflix documentary or show about his life in the 90s.  talk about wilderness years.  I'd love to know how he took things when the illusions came out.  hearing about the GNR riots.  even his take on grunge and Kurt Cobain.  what was Adler doing through all of that?

• Like 1